Radiator water?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Minima

Apr 22, 2005
is it normal if the water dried out for a day or two, cause my wira is like that as soon as i hit the highway

and one of the mechanic i went to advise me not to use coolant as it will stick permanently in the radiator when it dries out and it is hard to remove it

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
for racing purpose tap water would be sufficient enough. Thats the best method of all...

for normal daily use car...
75% distilled water, 25% coolant...
or
50/50 method...

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
i saw from a car magazine about method of maintance ur radiator,just use clean water n good coolant,those good coolant can reduce those burble inside the water which bringing heat,some sport car even got some stuff around the radiator to remove those burble from radiator

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
coolant also want to discuss until like this meh? you all driving F1 is it? hahahaah

You can't use plain tap water in cold countries coz in the morning your cooling system will freeze to ice and can't flow and will overheat your engine. So people there add alot of coolant so it acts as an antifreeze.
In our country for normal cars, coolant acts as anti rust and also increases the boiling point of the liquid. Normal water boils at 100C which it's so good in high performance cars

4g13

Apr 29, 2005
My radioator full with rust cus my coolant ha gone since i just flush it with coolant 4 months ago..any ideas..or should i get it flush once again with new coolant? and my radiator is really full with little dot dot rust..worrry it will stuck my radiator from moving

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
it won't stuck so easilly la. Last time my 10 year old proton wira, the radiator rusty like crazy coz always use tap water only. Going up genting also overheat. Going to Sepang to watch SS01 also over heat. The mechanic gave me a brand new radiator for free after that :) so nice of him.

Ronald_loulan

1,000 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
Bukit Serdang
Visit site
I prefer 70% distilled water n 30% coolant...
Im using long Life coolang(Toyota)..
Just sent to the radiatorshop for repair....
Found tat some water hole was stuck...
Just coz me RM45..
Coolant RM20....
Cheer...:lol:

artcap

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
guys,

can tell me how much for a Redline coolant?..

for old cars, do you guys flush ur radiator frequently, say every 3 mths or so to avoid getting rusty?

thx

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Damn how many times have we discussed this anyway? I think since mid last year till now. Does anyone bother to use the search function in ZTH or even bother to use Google? Aiyahhhh!!!!!:rolleyes:

I tell you guys come things only a few people know from here la, since the loooonggggg way back in ancient ZTH time ago.:wink:

Coolant is also LUBRICANT.
Faulty RADIATOR CAPS also contribute to radiator failure. If ths spring doesn;t work nicely or badly rusted or the rubber is worn or crack, then change it! Blardy hell RM20 cap cannot afford to change. Those who spend RM200 on radiator caps can skip this. I have got nothing to say to them.

Radiator hose. Squeeze the bugger. If there is cracking sound inside, change the HOSE! Those who use silicone based hose can ignore this.

Coolant, no matter how expensive is not magic. Even an ordinary Denso RM20 coolant is very good liao. All not higher priced than water wetter whatever. I could probably buy 3 bottles of Toyota coolant and change the water 6 months apart than spend so much on coolant additive. But different people different ideology. For me its just economic sense.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

halo im new here..want some tips from sifu2 in here...how to increase power from my wira 1.5 fuel injection (A/T) ..without changing enjin n manual transmission...my car feel so berat la...lmbt pick up.i think scooter lagi laju hehe..so plz what can i do wif my car???? plz advice n tips...in malay subtitle kalaw boleh,,,huhuhu...PLEASE DESPRATE da ni....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience