Quickshift / Short Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine and Performance

Quickshift / Short Shifter

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
Originally posted by EFN+Feb 27 2005, 20:48 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EFN @ Feb 27 2005, 20:48 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-awsyeow@Feb 27 2005, 16:53
bro efn....
today he was doin both the short shifter n the a-fpr for me....
admired his ceativity.... the short shifter feels good bro..... solid is the word ahahhaaaha..not really used to the hardnes yet... would be in a couple of days....

he did a good job i would say.... also... a friendly guy... cheers to u bro
A big THANK YOU to you too my fren. I hope it is all worth it for u to drive all the way from Malacca. Have a sfe trip and enjoy tuning the A-FPR! [/b][/quote]
thans bro.. will be playing with the afpr later...

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
good job efn... love my short shifter... ;)

now all i need is a nice racing clutch heehee.... :lol:

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by e_mad@Feb 28 2005, 09:43
EFN, what diff between short and quick shifter? your custom made izzit come both (quick+short shifter) or either one? from what l've heard quick shifter will make shifting gear more hard and heavy wheres short shifter for more comfort, please correct me if wrong.

Actually l'm looking for short shifter for my wira that can make gear shifting more smooth and light :P , can yours fulfill my needs? :D
Awseow & Chelnick:
Again Thank You for your support!.

e_mad:

Short Shifter can be literally used to describe a shorthened shifter lever but it does not travel short (normal swing radius)

Quickshift are shifters that have short throw radius and enable you to engage gear without having have to pull or push it deep.

But most of the time people will use either Quickshift and Shortshift to describe the same thing = Short-Throw Quickshifter (the real name for it)

Since my Quickshift mod is a pure custom effort, my customer have an option of wanting to keep the height of the shifter at stock level or shorter. But on how short the travel all depend on what car. Some can mod to be really short and some just enough.

One thing for sure, by the law of Physics - not one single Quickshifter in the market will improve on light and soft shifting. A Quickshifter will have higher fulcrum point and longer downside swing rod - this is the very foundation of all Quickshifters. OEM Standard shifter are made to travel longer because if offers comfort. So if you want to have a Short-Throw Quickshifter in your car, be prepared for a much solid gear engagement (not hard) - but I can guarantee that it will require much less effort and distance to engage gear.

Thanks

alittopalooza

Apr 7, 2004
kajang,oklahoma
sorry bro for the late review on the quickshift
im satisfied with the modifications done. but true i sacrificed my comfort lah hahahaha
but then again it only needs just a simple move to shift gears. the price was also satisfactory

for those who have the intention to do so with this guy i give u my recommendations. good price for a good item and workmanship. and he's a good fella too...only need a few seats or benches la bro to sit to wait n see u do the works hehehehe :P

err...but still...can my shifter be shorten just a little bit more...?
neway thats all from me....shifting happily!! :D

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by alittopalooza@Mar 1 2005, 07:52
sorry bro for the late review on the quickshift
im satisfied with the modifications done. but true i sacrificed my comfort lah hahahaha
but then again it only needs just a simple move to shift gears. the price was also satisfactory

for those who have the intention to do so with this guy i give u my recommendations. good price for a good item and workmanship. and he's a good fella too...only need a few seats or benches la bro to sit to wait n see u do the works hehehehe :P

err...but still...can my shifter be shorten just a little bit more...?
neway thats all from me....shifting happily!! :D
Alit:

Thank you for thew support. Wanna shorten the top lever? Err the shorter the top lever the harder the shifting will be. That's why I don't cut too much on the top portion. You see, Quickshift have longer down section, so if the lever on top is shortenened more it will take a lot more effort to move the other section down there.

Err I hope I am not making you any more confused hahahaha

alittopalooza

Apr 7, 2004
kajang,oklahoma
errr...ok...i'm confused already hahaha
actually i just wanted the gear lever to be short...not the shifting...the gearknob to be lowered lah than normal...really short i guess. or izzit bcoz im using standard gear knob so its quite high/tall...if i change to other knobs e.g sparco or momo would it be short?

tq n have a nice day

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
bro efn....
do u think it is possible to set the angle of the shifter so that it tilts to the rite abit .. nearer to the driver so that when we shift... we wont need to tilt our body to the left ....is there enuf space to do this.......the shifters r working great for me .... enjoying it ... ehehehee
jus that i hav to tilt the body lil bit to the left to utilize more energy to shift the gear since it is stiffer now.....

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
alittopalooza:
Ok ok, yes you might want to use Snooker Ball type of gear knob. Not just it is shorter it is also a lot more suitable for Quickshifts. Specially those heavy ball type.

awsyeow:
Yes it can be tilted to the left a bit. What need to be done is to insert a few mm of washers on the two bolts on the left side of the shifter base. By doing so the shifter will tilt to the right. you get the idea?. If you happen to be able to drop by near my place I can set it up for you. Easy one.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
hey EFN dude..

i'm kinda interested in ur short/quick shifter service... but not so fast will do it.. wanto ask a few things 1st...

how long does it take to mod de shifter completely for a wira? can i still use de original gear lock? it is attached to de shifter...

n my last question... can u come over to serdang or near to serdang places?? i'm kinda blur at KL roads..

winlose2582

Jul 3, 2004
Damansara Jaya
Visit site
Im interested with ur service....
This can done in Kenari rite???
Will this cause any side effect for the car??? cos after reading the feedback from here... i abit getting blur and confuse...
Is it easier to do it at Kenari??or had u do it for kenari b4??
Im stay in Damansara Jaya, so hope to do that service in Sunway...
will call u for more info.....

fahmyzs

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
PJ/Sunway
Visit site
Wah/....\\!! EFN, :o
that shop nearby alfatech a... waa very very "dekat" to my house la bro.. :lol:
me staying in Sunway court.. :lol:
hahahah... ok it should be no prob for me to get u.
I'll call u up later when i'm back to sunway.
currently i'm doing out side work in Terengganu.
ok bro..
keep up ur gud works bro...

ps:/ feeling so gud staying nearby workshop. :D

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
khguan:
It takes a minimum of one hour to fully complete Quckshift mods for Wira. If you are using the original Gear Lock which snap into the Spring Plunger then it will not be usable after that because the fulcrum point has been raised around 2". But if u use U shaped lock then it is still usable. TQ

winlose2582:
Kenari uses the same type of shifter to Kelisa, so it is moddable. As for how it feels. Of course you kenot expect it to get softer after that. Solid is the feeling. Gear engagement remains the same. Will not effect gearbox becoz shifter is a separate assembly.

syiokGILER:
Nope, I forgot to snap pics of Civics shifter becoz the mod is done underneath the car hahahaha

fahmyzs:
Ok fren, when u are back just SMS me and we will set date and time. TQ

THANKS ALL!!!

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
orite... thans bro.. i'll try add my self n c.... experiment sikit....erm... just one quest.. where can i get those washers....

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by awsyeow@Mar 4 2005, 02:26
orite... thans bro.. i'll try add my self n c.... experiment sikit....erm... just one quest.. where can i get those washers....
OK Ok. you can go to any hardware shop and ask for size 13 washers. you might need five for each bolts, So buy ten. I reckon 10 washers would be around RM1.00 only. If it is too much too handle, when u are in KL just meet up with me and I can do it for you. All the Best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car have been change to high-low/soft-hard absorber but now the problem is the absorber soooo bumping even though i tune the soft/hard for it ! Someone got any idea for it ?? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience