EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Kerabuperut:
Thanks for your comment & support.

nobodies:
Kelisa, yes I have done 2 Kelisas before. If you read carefully on the earlier replies, look for comments from tks.

General Info:
Quickshifts normally will feel solid and slightly heavy to shift if you are not used to it. Simply because the swing radius of the lower fulcrum is wider. So in order to make the upper section fulcrum swings shorter the bottom part will have to do extra work - so the feel is heavy. Gear engagement remains the same- if it is okay before this it will be okay after modded into Quickshift too. If you love comfort and soft shifting, I do not recommend to use Quickshift, specially those rods type. Factory standard shifter are made to travel longer for comfort.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
As of today, I have fully moved to Sunway workshop for all Quickshift operation. Some political issues have forced me to abandon Setapak Workshop.

Due to higher operating cost in Sunway (higher Welding machine/Tools rental), the price for all Quickshifts mod has been revised to RM60 to reflect the changes.

Thanks to all.

S-Coupe

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
THanx Sifu EFN for doing my quickshift. Its all good..thumbs-up! Aiyoh..now u move to sunway! should have waited la a few days ..no need me to long-kai KL looking for your place. :( :blink:

dzach2

Known Member
May 11, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
bro EFN, I'm really interested but a query in my head... my gear got manual gear lock, u know.. its like a U shape thingy that I have to pull out n lock the gear knob. beside the knob got a bar for the locking mechanisme.. not like the new proton where the gear lock is right below the gear console... can the quickshifter be done? will it affect the gear lock? by the way, my car is wira... if i still can use the U gear lock, i'll set a date wif u ya hahahhaha.... :D

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by dzach2@Feb 26 2005, 10:30
bro EFN, I'm really interested but a query in my head... my gear got manual gear lock, u know.. its like a U shape thingy that I have to pull out n lock the gear knob. beside the knob got a bar for the locking mechanisme.. not like the new proton where the gear lock is right below the gear console... can the quickshifter be done? will it affect the gear lock? by the way, my car is wira... if i still can use the U gear lock, i'll set a date wif u ya hahahhaha.... :D
S-Coupe:
Thanks for the support man!

dzach2:
U Shaped gear lock can still be used. But the bottom lock type will not becoz the fulcrum swing area have been raised. SMS me when u want to set the date. TQ

PS:
I have begun re-negotiation with the tauke for Setapak Workshop. Initially he want to charge me a flat RM1000 per month! for Welding Machine/Tools rental. Duh! he must have tought that I charge mod quickshifts for RM300 hahahaha. So if things goes well and the tauke is willing to lower the rental cost I will still operate in Setapak/Wangsa Maju and at the same time keep Sunway workshop operation for those nearer to the area. TQ

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
yeahh maan..finally u move to sunway..good good..now i can come anytime...and ON time...hehehe...wanna make my quickshift shorterler...still think its too long...will call u sometime next week ok..cheers..

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by speedz1665@Feb 26 2005, 19:45
yeahh maan..finally u move to sunway..good good..now i can come anytime...and ON time...hehehe...wanna make my quickshift shorterler...still think its too long...will call u sometime next week ok..cheers..
Sure thing dude! just gimme a call in advance. OK about your shifter, the good news is that the current mods that I use will enhance it even a bit further, does not look too much like Frankenstien anymore hahaha. Your was the earlier model so I have to admit there are some flaw in them which can be set correct.

Err duh, I will not charge anything for re-adjustment but you might need to pay a minimal amount to the workshop for any welding and tools involved. Ce ya!

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
price no worriesler bro...as long as functionalityt is there i'm happy..will call u soon ok..cheers

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
bro efn....
today he was doin both the short shifter n the a-fpr for me....
admired his ceativity.... the short shifter feels good bro..... solid is the word ahahhaaaha..not really used to the hardnes yet... would be in a couple of days....

he did a good job i would say.... also... a friendly guy... cheers to u bro

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by awsyeow@Feb 27 2005, 16:53
bro efn....
admired his ceativity.... the short shifter feels good bro..... solid is the word ahahhaaaha..not really used to the hardnes yet... would be in a couple of days....

A big THANK YOU to you too my fren. I hope it is all worth it for u to drive all the way from Malacca. Have a sfe trip and enjoy tuning the A-FPR!

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by narx@Feb 27 2005, 20:50
which part of sunway?
Just below Millenium Motorsport. Beside Garang Auto. Not far from Alfatech near Shell. The workshop that I rent (Tools/Welding machine) is United Motor.

Please call for appointment in advance cos I will need to drive all the way from Batu Caves to Sunway. Thanks.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by extrememech@Feb 27 2005, 21:37
business hour from what time to what time?
Business Hour:
- On call appointment basis from 9AM to 6PM (Sunway Mon-Saturday)
- On call appointment basis from 10AM to 6PM (SetapakMon-Sunday)
- On call appointment basis from 7PM to 2AM (Wangsa Maju Mon-Saturday)

Thank You!

e_mad

Known Member
Dec 24, 2003
EFN, what diff between short and quick shifter? your custom made izzit come both (quick+short shifter) or either one? from what l've heard quick shifter will make shifting gear more hard and heavy wheres short shifter for more comfort, please correct me if wrong.

Actually l'm looking for short shifter for my wira that can make gear shifting more smooth and light :P , can yours fulfill my needs? :D

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
Originally posted by EFN+Feb 27 2005, 20:48 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EFN @ Feb 27 2005, 20:48 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-awsyeow@Feb 27 2005, 16:53
bro efn....

A big THANK YOU to you too my fren. I hope it is all worth it for u to drive all the way from Malacca. Have a sfe trip and enjoy tuning the A-FPR! [/b][/quote]
thans bro.. will be playing with the afpr later...

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
good job efn... love my short shifter... ;)

now all i need is a nice racing clutch heehee.... :lol:

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by e_mad@Feb 28 2005, 09:43
EFN, what diff between short and quick shifter? your custom made izzit come both (quick+short shifter) or either one? from what l've heard quick shifter will make shifting gear more hard and heavy wheres short shifter for more comfort, please correct me if wrong.

Actually l'm looking for short shifter for my wira that can make gear shifting more smooth and light :P , can yours fulfill my needs? :D
Awseow & Chelnick:
Again Thank You for your support!.

e_mad:

Short Shifter can be literally used to describe a shorthened shifter lever but it does not travel short (normal swing radius)

Quickshift are shifters that have short throw radius and enable you to engage gear without having have to pull or push it deep.

But most of the time people will use either Quickshift and Shortshift to describe the same thing = Short-Throw Quickshifter (the real name for it)

Since my Quickshift mod is a pure custom effort, my customer have an option of wanting to keep the height of the shifter at stock level or shorter. But on how short the travel all depend on what car. Some can mod to be really short and some just enough.

One thing for sure, by the law of Physics - not one single Quickshifter in the market will improve on light and soft shifting. A Quickshifter will have higher fulcrum point and longer downside swing rod - this is the very foundation of all Quickshifters. OEM Standard shifter are made to travel longer because if offers comfort. So if you want to have a Short-Throw Quickshifter in your car, be prepared for a much solid gear engagement (not hard) - but I can guarantee that it will require much less effort and distance to engage gear.

Thanks

alittopalooza

Apr 7, 2004
kajang,oklahoma
sorry bro for the late review on the quickshift
im satisfied with the modifications done. but true i sacrificed my comfort lah hahahaha
but then again it only needs just a simple move to shift gears. the price was also satisfactory

for those who have the intention to do so with this guy i give u my recommendations. good price for a good item and workmanship. and he's a good fella too...only need a few seats or benches la bro to sit to wait n see u do the works hehehehe :P

err...but still...can my shifter be shorten just a little bit more...?
neway thats all from me....shifting happily!! :D

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Originally posted by alittopalooza@Mar 1 2005, 07:52
sorry bro for the late review on the quickshift
im satisfied with the modifications done. but true i sacrificed my comfort lah hahahaha
but then again it only needs just a simple move to shift gears. the price was also satisfactory

for those who have the intention to do so with this guy i give u my recommendations. good price for a good item and workmanship. and he's a good fella too...only need a few seats or benches la bro to sit to wait n see u do the works hehehehe :P

err...but still...can my shifter be shorten just a little bit more...?
neway thats all from me....shifting happily!! :D
Alit:

Thank you for thew support. Wanna shorten the top lever? Err the shorter the top lever the harder the shifting will be. That's why I don't cut too much on the top portion. You see, Quickshift have longer down section, so if the lever on top is shortenened more it will take a lot more effort to move the other section down there.

Err I hope I am not making you any more confused hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey ZTH,

First of all, I am driving 2013 model Honda City.

I am planning to change my car extractor first before going for full exhaust setup.

So far I have two shops in mind which are JC Racing Sunway or SuperCircuit Sunway.

Anyone can give me reviews on their extractors? Or any word of advice?

SuperCircuit is able to use back the OEM heatshield ontheir extractor whereas JC Racing can't use it.

I am not sure which is better for my car. So please do help me out!

Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience