Quickest Honda N/A (Sepang Drag Battle/Or Any South East Asia Race Track)

lawnmower

Known Member
Jan 23, 2007
When I read Quickest honda N/A, I was hoping you guys were discussing about overall track time in sepang, not 1/4 mile drag or anything.

So since I'm here, anyone here willing to shed some info on the fastest civic lap time in sepang? please be generous when it comes to telling us about the engine as well. :biggrin:

steadymatrock

Jan 6, 2007
I think around 2.2something on a k20 ctr with wider slicks. Thats what i heard.

Last edited:

kroolada

3,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
ef wan conggo and ali mamak eg without driver below 600 kg. all body works done by srf racing ss 26 shah alam.

Bump: ef wan conggo and ali mamak eg without driver below 600 kg. all body works done by srf racing ss 26 shah alam.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
btw, who is the 300whp in kelantan?
It is a private owner, and it's a streetcar, so probably not very related to your application.

More than 2.2L, Toda D cams, ITB. 313hp, Petrol (not alcohol) with heck of a lot of torque even at bottom end.

From testing, it can only manage high 13s with Toyo R888 semis. I believe the primary reason is weight, and since it is a street car, weight reduction is kept to a minimum, and only tar is removed from the chassis, while the other interior items are still in the car. Total weight : 920kg with driver/owner.

For your case, I think it's likely you are having the same issues. Although using M/T tires, your car's weight is keeping you from hitting lower ETs. Have you weighted your car? It would be an interesting comparison of how your car's weigh vs. the Malaysian drag car's.

But I do notice drag cars using more specialized chassis to get those amazing E/Ts, so it could be that as well, furthermore using more dogboxes as well

But good job with the Weber. It's an old tech, but it works with less hassle than ECU, and all you need is a screwdriver :P

Anyway, with the weber carbs and no ECU, how you manage the ignition? Can show how you did it?

Based on the HP output, it looks like you're running metanol/etanol. That is hardly something a 2.2L petrol car can put out.

Last edited:

kroolada

3,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
ef conggo + ali mamak eg = suzuki rg rear monoshock for rear suspension set up.:listen:

ORDengineering

Dec 29, 2008
ef wan conggo and ali mamak eg without driver below 600 kg. all body works done by srf racing ss 26 shah alam.

Bump: ef wan conggo and ali mamak eg without driver below 600 kg. all body works done by srf racing ss 26 shah alam.
do you have the information (website? address, chassis work sample?) of SRF racing?

Bump:
ef conggo + ali mamak eg = suzuki rg rear monoshock for rear suspension set up.:listen:
im using toyota starlet rear single bar suspension...

what is actualy suzuki RG ??

is that suzuki cultus/amenity??

Bump:
It is a private owner, and it's a streetcar, so probably not very related to your application.

More than 2.2L, Toda D cams, ITB. 313hp, Petrol (not alcohol) with heck of a lot of torque even at bottom end.

From testing, it can only manage high 13s with Toyo R888 semis. I believe the primary reason is weight, and since it is a street car, weight reduction is kept to a minimum, and only tar is removed from the chassis, while the other interior items are still in the car. Total weight : 920kg with driver/owner.

For your case, I think it's likely you are having the same issues. Although using M/T tires, your car's weight is keeping you from hitting lower ETs. Have you weighted your car? It would be an interesting comparison of how your car's weigh vs. the Malaysian drag car's.

But I do notice drag cars using more specialized chassis to get those amazing E/Ts, so it could be that as well, furthermore using more dogboxes as well

But good job with the Weber. It's an old tech, but it works with less hassle than ECU, and all you need is a screwdriver :P

Anyway, with the weber carbs and no ECU, how you manage the ignition? Can show how you did it?

Based on the HP output, it looks like you're running metanol/etanol. That is hardly something a 2.2L petrol car can put out.
yes, that the same issue as we have. but that kelantan power is BADASS !!!

Lol, yep, i just need screwdriver no othe cable or laptop :p
but actually we're about to converting to Fuel Injection. since with injection we could start at very low rpm just like the big 5 malaysian drag racer. thats what creating traction from lower RPM

i use stock ECU with stock wiring to manage the ignition. and the vtec xover point was using autometer shift light..

@ tungchun motorsport...

please reply me Guru... :(

Bump: oh ya, the other thing.. we dont run methanol/alcohol
we run VP Q16 that containing oxygen..

but our compression was really2 huge.. it was 15.5:1

about weight reduction, i was speecless.. i dont know what to reduce anymore... i think i've already cut everything that shouldnt be there for chassis rigidity....
but it still arround 650-700kg... and tungchun was almost 500kg i tought..

i know i still using monocoque body, not with tubular like tungchun.. but i'll try to post the chassis work of mine.. i hope you guys could show me more what to do with it

thanks a lot shiroitenshi

Bump: oh ya, the other thing.. we dont run methanol/alcohol
we run VP Q16 that containing oxygen..

but our compression was really2 huge.. it was 15.5:1

about weight reduction, i was speecless.. i dont know what to reduce anymore... i think i've already cut everything that shouldnt be there for chassis rigidity....
but it still arround 650-700kg... and tungchun was almost 500kg i tought..

i know i still using monocoque body, not with tubular like tungchun.. but i'll try to post the chassis work of mine.. i hope you guys could show me more what to do with it

thanks a lot shiroitenshi

ORDengineering

Dec 29, 2008
Thanks to you all, few days ago, my driver went to tung chun motorsports with guidance of element racing...

we saw all tung chun cars chassis work, and damn sure, we need learn a lot about chassis work from you malaysian honda drag racers...

and from the tungchun video up there we could learn a lot of thing about how to start..

we do better and better to solve traction problem and we find the solution by start lower than 3500rpm ....

thanks a lot...

Bump: Thanks to you all, few days ago, my driver went to tung chun motorsports with guidance of element racing...

we saw all tung chun cars chassis work, and damn sure, we need learn a lot about chassis work from you malaysian honda drag racers...

and from the tungchun video up there we could learn a lot of thing about how to start..

we do better and better to solve traction problem and we find the solution by start lower than 3500rpm ....

thanks a lot...

Bump: and about suzuki RG, yes we allready know that was Suzuki Satria in indonesia, next of our chassis works would be using that motorcycle suspension.

Bump: and about suzuki RG, yes we allready know that was Suzuki Satria in indonesia, next of our chassis works would be using that motorcycle suspension.

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
i think you better get and EFI system with launch control or traction control where popular at motec system, but i think if you can lower then rpm crome/hondata/VAFC+ Chip Tuning was good enough

Kinsler/TWM 50 MM ITB i think might help lots well on tuning and get you some lower RPM launch
Traction Bar might help you also for lower 0-60 time

Last Round Champion EF Green Ah Siong Just Did Chipped ECU+VAFC2 195/55/15 Toyo R 888 12.3s
and i found this was real good timing With Road race tire and i saw Ali mamak was the fastest Top Speed 197 but he luck did get pink light and finish 3rd

Last edited:

ORDengineering

Dec 29, 2008
i think you better get and EFI system with launch control or traction control where popular at motec system, but i think if you can lower then rpm crome/hondata/VAFC+ Chip Tuning was good enough

Kinsler/TWM 50 MM ITB i think might help lots well on tuning and get you some lower RPM launch
Traction Bar might help you also for lower 0-60 time

Last Round Champion EF Green Ah Siong Just Did Chipped ECU+VAFC2 195/55/15 Toyo R 888 12.3s
and i found this was real good timing With Road race tire and i saw Ali mamak was the fastest Top Speed 197 but he luck did get pink light and finish 3rd
yes, all of our car would be running EFI for tomorow october race
one that using motec has goal 326hp (bhp) on dastek dynamometer
and the other one that in my vid would be running Apexi FC Comander stand alone obd ecu..

we heard that with the sepang new timing system all of honda there not clocking under 12 sec more, is that right?
tungchun said that every car in sepang was + 1 second average with that timing system..
is that 12.3 sec was ET or that was total time (ET+RT)?