Questions on making 400WHP MR-2

Shady

Sep 10, 2007
Re: 400WHP on MR-2 without Internal modifications?

for now im aiming at 300+ HP, with the help of a boost controller and an efficient air filter....i already have the 3" piping so should be no probs....it will take me some time to play around with the internals....cams, larger injectors, cam & crankshafts...etc. By then i should be hitting 450BHP:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

true....many confuse that the higher the BHP or WHP the more street monster the car will be...sad to say forgetting about handling, they end up crashing it....
btw, the 3SGTE is a factory tuned turbo package, BOTs are not reliable as far as i know, unless supplied with the right Engine management and expertise....
POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL!!!! Absolutly agreed!!! therez no arguin on that point.

Well you see handling is almost sorted for me....since that was the first thing i looked into, all my parts should be arriving anytime this week. The only problem now is that i have moved on to the engine and i'am trying to find a reliable way to attain the power i'am lookin for.

sorry i did not mention that it was a SW20 MR2, My bad!

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Bigger turbo with a good exhaust manifold a bigger intercooler. This way you can turn up the boost a little more = More power = More Honda eating your dust!!:thefinger:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9

Bigger turbo with a good exhaust manifold a bigger intercooler. This way you can turn up the boost a little more = More power = More Honda eating your dust!!:thefinger:
beware when u meet supercharge S2000...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara

i hardly see any S2000 bro :rofl::rofl::rofl: mostly are the 90's civics with those roaring B18Bs and B18Cs...

Shady,

dont forget about the Satria,wira & perdana turbo :thefinger:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9

i hardly see any S2000 bro :rofl::rofl::rofl: mostly are the 90's civics with those roaring B18Bs and B18Cs...

Shady,

I hardly see those V-civic's in my front too...:banghead::rofl::rofl:..*kidding*civic fans don't shoot me back..im vtec lover too...

Shady

Sep 10, 2007

Quite true KHOO!! MY respect goes out to the S2000 & the NSX these are the only 2 Honda cars that have managed to impress me!! Driven both and they are both gr8 cars!!

We have a supercharged S2000 runnin on 50/50 meth here. Crazy car man!!
We also have a turbocharged, and the craziest one outa all is the Hybrid runnin on 2JZ-T78........
can u even imagine how badly that monster's gonna autograph the tarmac!!!??!!

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Shady,

Zeus my man....I'am sorry bro but iam not from where you are. I mean I think your from Malayasia.
You see I live in Bahrain and over here we don't have those things (Satria,wira & perdana turbo).
So for me I jus worry bout the regular smart ass Honda CRX, DEL SOL, CIVICS, SI, etc, etc.

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Shady,

It would be great if you can properly introduce yourself indicating the model of your MR2 (225/245)... and any other information with some pictures of your car that will make the discussion more constructive as after 3 pages the discussion seems to be rather incoherent.

Shady

Sep 10, 2007
Shady,

It would be great if you can properly introduce yourself indicating the model of your MR2 (225/245)... and any other information with some pictures of your car that will make the discussion more constructive as after 3 pages the discussion seems to be rather incoherent.
Hey Midship!
Its an SW20 MR2, GenII. I don't know what the pictures have to do with this disscussion, since iam askin for a setup list to tune my engine! But anyway! If u insist i shall put them up soon!! Still hav'nt installed the coilovers and the 18s. So she won't look all that! Jus Bodykit and 17s!

As for the disscusion. I'am sorry but if u go through it i have asked several questions for which i still did not get a proper answer! For one ( How do u cool down 580BHP MR2 ) still no reply!

Anyway cheers!!!
Regards

P.S - I shall put up the pictures on Saturday!!

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
shady, thanks for sharing with us the MR2 that you proudly own. Pics are not essential but I'm sure we don't mind oggling at another MR2.

Your quest for 400whp without upgrading the internals will require a good mechanic at the expense of the engine life. And to achieve daliy driving characteristics will be close to impossible ... as such, most of us will continue to yearn for the best of both worlds.

Trying to make the 4 banger from the MR2 to sound like a "jet" from the inline 6 Supra shall also be rather difficult due to the the inherent sound each engine produces.

Lastly, refer to the pic below to answer your question to cooling down a 5++ whp MR2

Last edited:

Shady

Sep 10, 2007
shady, thanks for sharing with us the MR2 that you proudly own. Pics are not essential but I'm sure we don't mind oggling at another MR2.

Your quest for 400whp without upgrading the internals will require a good mechanic at the expense of the engine life. And to achieve daliy driving characteristics will be close to impossible ... as such, most of us will continue to yearn for the best of both worlds.

Trying to make the 4 banger from the MR2 to sound like a "jet" from the inline 6 Supra shall also be rather difficult due to the the inherent sound each engine produces.

Lastly, refer to the pic below to answer your question to cooling down a 5++ whp MR2

Midship,
I think i have something to say before i go ahead (YOU THE MAN!!!!:biggrin:)

now i have a few questions for you!

- U seem like and expert with MR2....Is it possible for me to get ur e-mail id so that chattin would be easier to get my questions across.

- The Intercooler in the trunk has no airflow so how does it cool the air?? I can't see a fan either.

- Is there any other way i can cool down 400whp without drilling holes in the trunk since i was plannin to leave the NOS in there!

- what size turbo do u suggest will get me to my goal?

Thanx a million man

Regards

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Bcoz the secret is @ the rear hood......u can use this kind of hood(phoenix-power)*i think*. pnx_pic13.jpg

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
shady, thanks for the compliment but I am far from being "the man".

I would love to leave you my email so we can chat further but work doesn't permit me to.

There are others that have dwelved or still dwelving into the mr2 that need to come out from the woods to give you sound advice. Come out, come out wherever you are...

Trunk mount intercooler seem to be the logical decision due to space constraint. Fans can also be placed at the floor of the trunk and also add on an aquamist injection system which will see your intercooler thanking you.

The NOS system would replace the passenger seat being the next logical thing to do. With a bottle of NOS who needs friends?!?!?

As heat becomes an isse, fans, holes and vents will become your new found friends.

Last edited:

Shady

Sep 10, 2007
Nice pics! theres a small problem with your suggestion to install the NOS by replacing the passenger seat. Well, over here we are not allowed to install the NOS on a street car and on top of that I can't remove the seat from my car as this will make my car illegal to be driven on the streets!

If there is any other way please let me know! Thank you!!

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Are there any companies out there that make Intake Manifolds & Throttle bodies for the MR2? Cuz i was lookin and the only one I found was JUN. Its discontinued and it was very expensive.

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
There is one custom Intake Manifolds for sale, very nice very big, its with TOM'S call him...

U can fit the smaller NOS can's behind drivers seat or in the boot.boot BTW the Phoenix power car makes 400 without NOS

Shady

Sep 10, 2007
Yes I do intend on making 400whp without NOS!! I'm jus keepin the NOS for one of those "Rainy Days" You know what iam sayn?

Anyway ...does TOM have a shop or a contact number and does this manifold come with a Throttle Body?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lotus has unveiled some daring, if somewhat necessary, plans to push more cars in the future by producing sports cars with a slightly wider curve of appeal that will surely pull in a wider target market. Nonetheless, when Lotus Chief Executive Officer Dany Bahar speaks of looking for new buyers, the man isn’t talking about getting cars off the showroom floor but the actual company itself.

While Lotus is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience