Question Abt Rockford Fosgate

Scouser

Apr 22, 2005
Hi. I am new to ice. I have a question for the gurus in here. How good are rockford fosgte equipments for sq? I have benn to many shops asking around & I have been getting many different views abt rockford. I am considering a full rockford setup in my car. is it worth it? thx

pisces

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Scouser@Apr 22 2005, 03:10
Hi. I am new to ice. I have a question for the gurus in here. How good are rockford fosgte equipments for sq? I have benn to many shops asking around & I have been getting many different views abt rockford. I am considering a full rockford setup in my car. is it worth it? thx
[snapback]917136[/snapback]​
For the money you'd pay, you get much better equipment by other manufacturers.

ijnek

500 RPM
Aug 19, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
rockford not ready known for sq...
but nonetheless,it's a pretty good brand.
of course,there r other brands out there too...
soundstream etc...
u can check ebay.com.my n search soundstream.
i saw some steals there.pretty cheap.

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
RF stuff is pretty godo but biased towards SPL... even the top end RF components I heard last time were comparable to mid-level stuff from otehr manufacturers and is more expensive than the top level stuff from others...

SO go figure

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
RF produce good amp and subs. other than that their Comp and HU.... you can have much better option for the price.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
I am using Rockford Fosgate, Mid 6.5" for the front, Sub is 10" powered by 2 pieces of 2 channel amp P2002. HU unit i would say better go for others brand, I am using Nakamichi HU, and add in one 1.2Farad Cadence capacitor, they just perform nicely if u don intend to enter competition.

Stop listening to all talk n advises, go and do the actual audition of the products then u will know whether they are to your liking, if u don like them at least u still can opt for others brands.

DJ-LAZ

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
Penang
Visit site
i've used some rockford shits .. their subs r great good sound but dunno bout those sq shits ..... amp underratted power so its definately good hahahahha... hu not sure but the high end ones i heard produce good sq and high voltage le .... comps sounds great better than alot of brands out there with the same price ... anyway Scouser stop comparing go on with a "four power HX2" for spl alrite hahahahahahhaha

zoy_leo

Dec 24, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by Scouser@Apr 22 2005, 03:10
[snapback]917136[/snapback]​
RF stuff is good especially their amps and subs. If u wanted to have dynamic and speed go for it. It's produce good sq sound, but for the component, better look another brand. I use small power of rf amp, but it still produce powerful sound...

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
i do use full range of rockford stuff, all except the Hu n component. their component are quite good actualy, when we are talking about highest range of product, but the middle range n low range well, it snot that good actually. As for their subs and amplifiers are the best which i would want to regard it. Amplifier have very efficient way in handling powers, amp would not get hot even after u blast it for period of time, and the subs espcially the power or punch series produces deep,powerful bass. excursion limit is hig, and to reach its excursion limit, do need lots of mega power to drive it. Anyway, as for SQL its quite good, as the soudn od SQL bass is actually tuned from the cubical feet of the subwoofer enclosure, as well as the length of the port. The bass of the woofer could be tuned as well, by using the bass boost, and even better for all kind of sound range, if anybody knows a superb product from RF, EPX2. u can virtually tune the sound perfectlly. Anwyay this is my experience. If really for SQL, have to invest in one single woofer with selaed which i also regards as one of the best SQL woofer, JL Audio.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Originally posted by Bert@Apr 22 2005, 12:57
Tohsan,

Issue is do you knwo where to go to listen to other stuff?
[snapback]918242[/snapback]​

Ya thats the best part n most challenging part where to find, thats up to him to find out, i take up quite a lotsa time listen to other people car setup, take me a real dam long time to learn about the fucking SQ thingy, at least when u search u will learn, otherwise spoon feeding is dam kau easily forgotten!!! :lol:

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Originally posted by evo5755@Apr 23 2005, 01:50
i do use full range of rockford stuff, all except the Hu n component. their component are quite good actualy, when we are talking about highest range of product, but the middle range n low range well, it snot that good actually. As for their subs and amplifiers are the best which i would want to regard it. Amplifier have very efficient way in handling powers, amp would not get hot even after u blast it for period of time, and the subs espcially the power or punch series produces deep,powerful bass. excursion limit is hig, and to reach its excursion limit, do need lots of mega power to drive it. Anyway, as for SQL its quite good, as the soudn od SQL bass is actually tuned from the cubical feet of the subwoofer enclosure, as well as the length of the port. The bass of the woofer could be tuned as well, by using the bass boost, and even better for all kind of sound range, if anybody knows a superb product from RF, EPX2. u can virtually tune the sound perfectlly. Anwyay this is my experience. If really for SQL, have to invest in one single woofer with selaed which i also regards as one of the best SQL woofer, JL Audio.
[snapback]919900[/snapback]​
Agreed with what u said, basically u already sum up most of the main good point of Rockford products!!! :D

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
evo5775,

My one normal low end stuff ICE,

Front Mid 6.5" Punch Series powered by 2 channel amp of P2002
Rear is 10" Punch Series 400W in customized enclosure powered by 2 channel amp of P2002
Head Unit wil be the Nakamichi 6 In-Dash CD changer
1.2 Farad Cadence Capacitor.
Electronic equalizer

Just normal stuff nia nothing extreme!! :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well, first of all.
I don't really liked this car much cause of the dugong look infront.
But since my mom mom's friend whose a dealer nearby my house is giving me discount of RM500
and a year free insurance and can get the car by a week.
Here is what i wanna know, since toyota trd comes with auto without manual.
Can i add turbo to auto transmission ?
Bear with me I'm a noob in this kind of stuff.
If can, will it boost much performance?
If no, can i change my gear box to the manual...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience