Question about tyre alignment

soong2020

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
Hi forumers... i got a question here to ask. Normally when we go to tyre shops and ask to adjust alignment, sometimes those workers will say the chamber need to change because the front tyre is somehow out of position. The worker said that it will cause the tyre to "makan" one side when moving. So, he suggested I change the chamber thing to an adjustable one.

Well from what i see the chamber, it's just like a bolt with some adjustable nut, but it cost 40bux! So just wana ask exactly how does it work?

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hi forumers... i got a question here to ask. Normally when we go to tyre shops and ask to adjust alignment, sometimes those workers will say the chamber need to change because the front tyre is somehow out of position. The worker said that it will cause the tyre to "makan" one side when moving. So, he suggested I change the chamber thing to an adjustable one.

Well from what i see the chamber, it's just like a bolt with some adjustable nut, but it cost 40bux! So just wana ask exactly how does it work?

If you already have one, don't change. If you don't have one, changing it is optional. Camber of -0 to -2 degrees won't hurt much.

For example, honda civic EG doesn't have any camber adjustments unless buying its camber kit for couple of hundred of bucks. I have been running negative camber for so many years and it doesn't affect my tyres. I am a daily user normal user, no effect.

RM40 for that thing is a little over priced. :banghead:

Just my 270 cents.:rofl:

soong2020

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
If you already have one, don't change. If you don't have one, changing it is optional. Camber of -0 to -2 degrees won't hurt much.

For example, honda civic EG doesn't have any camber adjustments unless buying its camber kit for couple of hundred of bucks. I have been running negative camber for so many years and it doesn't affect my tyres. I am a daily user normal user, no effect.

RM40 for that thing is a little over priced. :banghead:

Just my 270 cents.:rofl:
Man... i guess i paid 40bux unnecessarily... :banghead:

vtec-ing

Apr 8, 2008
another option..

u can always go to spare part shop to buy it @ less than 10 bucks per pc...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
i bought around that price too for my wira. but it worth it as i can replace it one to one if happen to break within a year...

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
if buy camber screw from s.part cost maybe less than rm10, but for adjustment they still charge rm20-30.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Get Dimensions
Width = 9.2
Height = 4.8

Switch
height - 1.9
width - 1.4

Get Materials.
Preferably Aluminium Sheet 0.7 mm or less. . Plexiglass might crack while cutting(Unless you have sum advanced Laser cutting machine.:p) If you're from Seremban, You can get this from Tukang besi..corner shop same row with Dunlop Tyre Shop in Temiang.. Right in front of the Traffic Light
Switches

Prepare...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience