Help needed:tyres

Neyo

Jun 29, 2007
I need help frm sifus n whatnots in zth in solving dis predicament dat im facing wit my car..firstly,de scenario..

Jz changed my tyres 2 a new set a few days ago n i found a very annoying sound coming frm de rear section of de car(probably frm de tyres) just as i left de shop.its a continuous clicking sound like a metal object than has come into contact wit another metal.funnily thou,it only happens when de car speeds up 2 60kmh n above n it gets slightly louder as de speed builds up.but below dat speed,it goes bck 2 normal without even a sound coming frm it.went to a few tyre shops n none cud even diagnose de problem,watmore rectifying it.i am at my wits end trying 2 solve dis,hoping anyone here may hv encountered a similar problem as mine n found a solution 2 it..de click..click..click..sound is becoming unbearable by de day...:bawling: thx in advance

jeffayn

Mar 27, 2004
try this simple solution....

get switch the rim and see...... i mean just switch left to right, n right to left, thats all

i suspect is a poor rim lock up done by the previous shop worker...

Neyo

Jun 29, 2007
thx 4 de opinion bro but dat wuz exactly de 1st thing i did in trying 2 solve it.Btw,problem already solved..i wuz so frustrated wit de noises dat 1 day i juz drove up 2 abt 180-190km/h n then a 'clunk' sound was heard around de wheel well area n after dat de noise wuz completely gone..at last,sum peace of mind nw..:biggrin: i did hv de car checked at de mech de nxt day n everything seems 2 b in order..thank god 4 dat..:driver:

zac

Feb 7, 2007
ahaha... i use this frustration forcing method as well... nothing missing from the wheel after check? perhaps it's the alignment iron pad...

Neyo

Jun 29, 2007
im guessing de same thing zac,as ive thoroughly checked de suspension components n bushings n wat not,it all seems ok 2 me..if i knew dat by driving de car fast it wud rid me of de problem,i wud hv done it much earlier instead of getting annoyed evrytime i drove de car 4 de past 1 month :rofl:

guys...i currently wan to change my exhaust system...coz i'm driving a wira 1.5 auto den all stock exhaust system except da tabung coz i change dy....but my car is so dam fuel consuming and noisy....i started to get boring and mad about dat sound..btw after modify to da extractor,piping and tabung will it be more fuel consumption???but if i change da extractor and piping but put a quiet or stock tabund behind will it be more bete fuel consumption..need help here..coz very confusing