Protons exported to Africa. Here's what they think about it...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Battousai, i'm telling the trusth,
I found that I enjoy reading the counter-part post more, compare with the first article, because, I laugh all the way, from the title til the last line.

"Proton: A serious Malaysian contender"
muahahahahahahhahahahaha. Please, forgive me.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
http://www.cbn.co.za/motoring.php?id=116 said:
a GL version with hydraulic power steering, 15" alloy wheels, audio/CD player, 60/40 split rear seats, electric windows, aircon, remote-controlled central locking and immobiliser/alarm
how long do we need to wait for the next "revised" review? few weeks? few months?

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
That second article read like it was written by Proton's marketing people.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
rollakid said:
how long do we need to wait for the next "revised" review? few weeks? few months?
the africa distributor better stock up enought spare parts for that man. hahaha

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
you know.. i do think the first article fits proton the best, a neutral review. they point ot good and bad things bout proton, instead of like us here just bash it..

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I have a friend from Turkey.

He told me Proton Cars failed miserably in his country.

One of the main problem was the car's reliability and the other was poor after-sales service.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Man if i show this to my Uni course-mates they will kill me.

Not Joking i m serious.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Joeker said:
I have a friend from Turkey.

He told me Proton Cars failed miserably in his country.

One of the main problem was the car's reliability and the other was poor after-sales service.
Joeker, please enlight us if Proton will sucess in any piece of land beside Malaysia (with the help of tax payer money,rules and tax struture protection)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
BlackSamurai said:
Joeker, please enlight us if Proton will sucess in any piece of land beside Malaysia (with the help of tax payer money,rules and tax struture protection)
Another friend from Australia told me Proton Satria was doing quite well in Australia at one time.

He told me Proton Arena doind quite well now because its cheap and economical to maintain compared to other pick-up vehicle.

Apparently Proton Arena mainly used by Autralian farmers & agricultural industry.

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
yeah the arena does well as a no-frills agro transport. but for the farmer with style, he still gotta have his Holden HSV ute

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I have a Daihatsu Charade which is my everyday working car now... The engine i believe is code name: HC13

I was thinking of changing the analog speedometer to a digital ones... but i was wondering, is there a wire output at the ECU or somewhere that is a variable voltage output for the speed. Need to use this output for the mod...

any one got any idea how to check?

thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience