Proton selling satria gti?

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
does anyone know whether proton is still selling the normal satria gti? plan to get one, but heard stop production long time ago. this means if i want to get satria gti, must get second hand already?

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
my fren told me that he was unable to buy a SaSE (Satria Special Edition) coz proton had stopped their production quite long time ago.manual version if i'm not mistaken had stopped 6 months ago.auto,3 months.but didn't know the fate of gti.think oso stopped lar..

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
desmond937 said:
does anyone know whether proton is still selling the normal satria gti? plan to get one, but heard stop production long time ago. this means if i want to get satria gti, must get second hand already?
SGTi production stopped in 2002, if I am not mistaken. (please shoot, torture and rape (only women, for rape) me if I am wrong!).

If you can find one, then it's stock's that's left. Personally I don't think there's anymore left. Wait for the SRM GTi la. Heard it kicks serious ass.

ikankeli

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
try your luck in Sg Besi, there is one small dealer.. last time (2 months ago) i saw 1 unit of SGTI there.. maybe it still there, hopefully.. the shop is near Balai Polis Sg Besi..

Getz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
Stock for Satria GTi and Satria R3 available at Taman Maluri Proton Edar showroom. Don't ask me where, go find yourself. Source from a not so close friend.

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
if i buy the old stock, the price will be the same? if the same, dun want lo, later i sell off tat time, sure depreciate alot, cos see year of the car one mah. bout the SRM gti, after seeing the gen2 production, bit disappointed la their quality, and heard suddenly can catch up fire one. SRM only out next year january, wait for stable version also need bout one year, means can only buy at 2007?

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
desmond937 said:
if i buy the old stock, the price will be the same? if the same, dun want lo, later i sell off tat time, sure depreciate alot, cos see year of the car one mah. bout the SRM gti, after seeing the gen2 production, bit disappointed la their quality, and heard suddenly can catch up fire one. SRM only out next year january, wait for stable version also need bout one year, means can only buy at 2007?
The Gen.2 one has to admit is flawed, especially where quality for interior is concerned. The Savvy, with TUV, is a much, much improved version. The SRM, I heard will be TUV approved, so one can expect at least some level of quality. Not Gen.2 level.

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
desmond937 said:
The Gen.2 one has to admit is flawed, especially where quality for interior is concerned. The Savvy, with TUV, is a much, much improved version. The SRM, I heard will be TUV approved, so one can expect at least some level of quality. Not Gen.2 level.

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
how much is the SRM gonna cost? roughly la. they have 1.3, 1.6 and 1.8 again ah?or just 1.6 like the gen2?anyone can send me again the SRM photo?seem to forget how it looks again d. [email protected]. thanks alot.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
y not wait for GEN2R3....not bad looking wat....
SGTI i personally thinks its too old la....SGTIR3 oso not bad wat....
somemose "Gets" states that there's stock at Taman Maluri Proton Edar.....
good luck dude....

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
anyway, thank you to all u who help me out. my final decision is on perodua Myvi already, cos the engine is new at least compare to proton.

calvin9683:i have phobia with gen2 already since so many bad news bout gen2. anyway, thanks for your recomendation.

simplyredeg6

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Damansara
Gtis spotted at Proton Edar, USJ

Dude, there are still some unreg GTis at Proton Edar's assembly plant in USJ3. Go chk it out la

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
simplyredeg6: huh! i also wonder i should get it from them or not, cos assembly plant wor, new car out from factory also place at outside the road already, somemore Gti quite long time in production liao, so i presume they will place those car under the sun for quite long time already. anyway, thats for giving me suggestion, but i dun think i want to get Gti anymore, no doubt the engine is the best among protons due to 4G90's. but the quality of it still pull me back. so, thank you for all ur suggestion ya.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I think Proton should stop producing vehicles altogether. They should produce products like kitchen utensils, furniture, probably airconds, decorative items, etc.

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
dun forget, they did produce bicycle. did they encounter problem as well? anyone knows? hehe.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,
I need help from you guys using hard racing clutch on your Proton rides.
I'm using a Wira 1.6A body currently running on 880pounds Ralliart clutch and using GSR clutch pedal.
The problem is my firewall cracked due to the clutch is too hard.
Cracks started from the 2 diagonal holes to mount the pedal.
Previously added a thicker plate (about 1.5mm) on the firewall and some additional bars to secure the pedal. It feels much better after that but it didnt last.
Firewall crack...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience