Proton R3 dominate at MSS Round 2

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It was a storming performance from Team Proton R3 as they dominated the Round 2 of the Malaysian Super Series (MSS) with a double 1-2 finish in Race 1 and Race 2.

Proton R3 drivers Faidzil Alang and Syafiq Ali displayed impressive handling of their Satria Neo and Gen.2 R3 racecars in both dry and wet conditions to give Proton R3 the win in both races. Both drivers maintained their focus in the intense heat during Race 1 with Faidzil taking the win while the roles were reversed in a rain-soaked Race 2 as Syafiq was in front.

Faidzil started from pole in Race 1 and led from start to finish with the only serious challenge coming from Syafiq itself. Syafiq had started from fourth spot but managed to move up to second by Turn 1 and the duo kept it that way to the finish.

Race 2 was delayed by torrential rain and eventually started as a wet race almost an hour behind schedule. Faidzil was once again in the lead but a mechanical problem on lap 3 forced him to drop the lead and fall to second with Syafiq getting ahead. Faidzil meanwhile had to fend off Siah W Pyng who eventually finished third.

“We are thrilled with the results this weekend. Despite the stiff competition and challenging weather conditions, our team were well prepared to face anything. This is a testimonial of all the development work and testing we’ve done in preparation for this season as well as our experiences from previous races. The lessons learnt on the track today will be utilised to help us build better cars for tomorrow,” said Datuk Abdul Razak Dawood, the head of Proton Motorsports Division.

“As always, it’s great for the team to be back on the podium again for Round 2. Race 2 was especially tough for me as a mechanical problem forced me to slow my pace. Overall, the car and tyres were working very well, but we believe that we can further improve on it for Round 3,” said Faidzil.

“Im thrilled to win my first race in the MSS especially when this is my debut outing with Team Proton R3 this year. The crew were fantastic, working well into the night to ensure I get a competitive car for today. The next round is in July and I am already looking forward to it,” added Syafiq.

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
A factory backed team against privateers ..... no reason for them not to dominate. Especially on a race with all the same makes.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

For the intro, my sister in law have a Proton Savvy AMT and currently some part of the gearbox is not working well and after asking for the replacement parts @Proton service it costs around RM9k. So I'm thinking of suggesting her to just swap the engine into other alternative engine since the current engine maintainability is quite high.

So the question here, what are the available engines that can fit into Proton Savvy? Legally endorse of course. At the moment thinking...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience