Proton Exora Pro and Cons

blade99

Jun 24, 2006
Hi,

Would like to know the pro and cons from anybody who have experience using/pinjam Proton Exora.

Looking forward to buy this MPV.

Still looking for info.

In term of Fuel Consumption/Power/Comfort etc.

Thank you very much for the info.

blade99

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Hi,

Would like to know the pro and cons from anybody who have experience using/pinjam Proton Exora.

Looking forward to buy this MPV.

Still looking for info.

In term of Fuel Consumption/Power/Comfort etc.

Thank you very much for the info.

blade99
i driven before, few of my friends bought it. just giving you my honest advice:-

-fuel consumption: 13.9km/l or 13sen/km urban & town driving
-power: 125hp/torque 148nm
-comfort - spacious - full 7-seaters, spacious boot, air cond vent for all 3 rows of seat, high ground clearance for comfy ride - less bumpy.

price: rm57998.00 exora mt basic
rm64998.00 exora mt m-line
rm69998 exora at m-line
rm75998 exora at H-line

overall the mpv drives like a normal car when u really driving it. u need to feel it after what i said. it maneuver like a family sedan yet the space of an actual mpv and the price of slightly higher than a sedan. although many said its sluggish when pick up but i drove it quite satisfactory to my expectation.

no doubt car is little heavy for a 1.6litre engine...but the gear ratio has been calibrated to support such weight...therefore the burden (power to weight ratio: 11.04kg) for every 1hp. when the car accelerate above 80km, u can feel the power surge...coz campro is a high revving engine..mid speed is the best - between 80km to 140km..it served me well....and surprisingly the car is very stable and very sharp lane changing ability.

more of pros than cons i shall say.....cons is many ppl's perception that its proton...so its not good....but we dont judge what ppl say, go try it and decide for yourself( go test drive it then u will feel what i said)...with 5years - 175,000km warranty and a price tag of rm60k, u cant go wrong if u needed a mpv..

u can pm me too if u need recommendation, i am not advertising but can lead u to someone that wont dissappoint u...cheerz...my 2cents.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
fuyooh...proton encyclopedia has spoken!

since bro evoz has shared the fc,u may go to proton showroom to feel the power & comfort.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
comfortable bangbus... just need to fully tint the windows :rofl:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
walao eh...good...can think of setting up this production line....u got camera?

chimaera1855

1,500 RPM
Sep 10, 2007
cons???mhmh let me think well its a proton end of topics.save more cash or get a used car from an other maker at the end u will be happier.specially a family car.u dont want to crash with ur family while driving a proton.think about it

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
so bro chimaera1855. u calculated already the statistic and % of passenger death on accident impacting on 90kmph between exora and other mpv with the same price range ?

u must have done quite a research.. but i dont see anywhere ? care to share ?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
cons???mhmh let me think well its a proton end of topics.save more cash or get a used car from an other maker at the end u will be happier.specially a family car.u dont want to crash with ur family while driving a proton.think about it
actually in long run its not a wise choice....used mpv around rm60k are innova, serena, estima, naza ria, citra, trajet, mostly are high capacity 2.0 litre and above and high fc and high maintenance due to aged (5years or even 10years).

i believe heavy maintenance cost and high fc are not a wise choice....furthermore, being mpv, it means carrying yr whole family and have the possibility to breakdown by road side coz no matter how good yr car is, you cant avoid wear & tear and machine failure is totally unpredictable for aged vehicle....

lets compare apple to apple...for most malaysian, unlike u, maybe u r having high income, to own an affordable mpv that could carry whole family around at rm60k, its a decent choice for decent income earner..lets see in positive manner, u can hate proton, be it, but make sure u dont get yr butt inside a proton ( friend's car, taxi, airport limo) coz u might risk your precious high earning income life....coz its so bad as perceived by you.

one man's meat is another man's poison...lets the ppl decide what to buy...your opinion accepted in peace!

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
I thought exora went thru some crash test? Right? My memory isnt that good, i might be wrong..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
high tensile steel cage - provide better vehicle stability and increase impact absorption in collision, providing better body structure strength

side impact bars - to protect on side impact collision

hydro forming sub frame technology - better load impact distribution yet light weight.

not forgetting other...abs with ebd, dual airbag, pre tensioner seat belts etc..

meets international safety regulation - crash test - let me find out more then will post soon..

Scuderia

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
Pros:-

1) Best looking Proton ever

2) Plenty safety features and TOUGH car

3) Really really big interior

4) Good interior finishing and quality

5) Rear Air Cons

Cons:-

1) Gated shift needs safety release feature ( i.e stepping on brakes before engaging gear)

2) Needs improvement in reducing engine/transmission vibration ( when vehicle starts moving from standstill )

3) Front seats should be made slightly larger.

4) Bronze color is not a color of choice. Should replace it with the Persona's Metallic grey

azamreeves

Oct 23, 2004
wah blade99, going to upgred very soon ..hehehe.

myself plan to have this exora by march 2010

get insider news that turbo version only available in 2011, quite long wait for me

blade99

Jun 24, 2006
wah blade99, going to upgred very soon ..hehehe.

myself plan to have this exora by march 2010

get insider news that turbo version only available in 2011, quite long wait for me
Not so soon bro...tunggu loan approve dulu...and bla...bla ,,.....

Azam pun nak hupgred wira tu ke Exora.

Aku tgk overall better than Perodua Alza esp comfort level.....pasnih MBC ride boleh naik MPV lak...

Thanks Evo for the comments. Really appreciate it.

blade99

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Especially for those living in these areas, please be extra alert.
There has been a lot of robbery/kidnap cases in the Bandar
Utama/Subang/USJ/Sunway areas. Suspected gang operating: Camry Gang up
to 8 members in different cars at different times.

Modus Operandi - at anytime but mostly during the day. They would
stalk
you and as you drive to your gate, "kidnap" you, take you to the ATM -
sometimes several and withdraw money. So, if you do have several ATMs,
just keep 1 on you and not all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience