Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Compressor...is it like what i mentioned before...the air compressor....

From what i heard this compressor technology is to increase more power and to reduce more fuel...is it correct...?

Bro khguan....can vr4 wiring install to 4g15 stock engine....is there any different?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Compressor...is it like what i mentioned before...the air compressor....

From what i heard this compressor technology is to increase more power and to reduce more fuel...is it correct...?

Bro khguan....can vr4 wiring install to 4g15 stock engine....is there any different?
that bottle thing called air compressor is useless... if u want power get a proper compressor aka supercharger...

vr4 wiring install in 4g15 wouldnt make any difference...

highbeam

Oct 6, 2008
1.6 n 1.8 gearbox have longer gear ratios as the engine is able to pull better...resulting with lower rpm with higher speeds... i dun think it is suitale to match with 1.5 engine power output... FC will suffer n will stress the engine more...

but if 1.8 engine use the 1.5 gearbox.. the pickup will improve dramatically... but the top speed will reduce for sure...

tq bro khguan for ur information..

rnutzeem

Apr 4, 2006
Hie guys, been reading this topic..wahh so much info la..

Got a few things in my mind..

Bro Khguan, with all the mods that you've done, how much does your car hutang u now? Hehehe.
Also anyone knows what the compression ratio for a stock 4G15? Bro Khguan, since u changed to a 1.6 stoker kit i assume that the compression ratio should increase too rite? By any chance did u compare the before and after?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
Those so-called air compressor or we regard it as "Air Leaker" is useless in making more power... since most of our cars are EFI.. the thing wont make a diiference as the ECU will compensate the air leak n u get back the same thing. Well maybe u get to brag to ur frens ur engine got this bling bling thing...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
I wonder why would u ppl think about using wiring from other cars would make a difference in performance?? Fitting in wiring from other cars mean fitting the ECU together... in other words u are changing the brain of the engine... a 4G15 is meant to be used with a 4G15 brain... not from VR4... just imagine this... putting an elephant brain into a mouse doesnt make the mouse strong like an elephant...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
Hie guys, been reading this topic..wahh so much info la..

Got a few things in my mind..

Bro Khguan, with all the mods that you've done, how much does your car hutang u now? Hehehe.
Also anyone knows what the compression ratio for a stock 4G15? Bro Khguan, since u changed to a 1.6 stoker kit i assume that the compression ratio should increase too rite? By any chance did u compare the before and after?
what hutang huh??

According to spec, the compression ratio for 4G15 is 9.2:1 and 4G18 is 10.5:1... well i duno the bout the compression ratio in my car engine la... somemore i have skimmed the cylinder head for even higher compression ratio. Maybe one day i should go n do a compression test to see how much the compression ratio is.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
that piece of junk... took out long long time ago lo... heheh.. i used b4 and that's y i keep telling ppl that thing is only an air leaker and do not increase power or pickup..

rnutzeem

Apr 4, 2006
Bro Khguan dont get me wrong aight..just wanted to know how much did u spend on your car in total for all the mods..:biggrin:

I'm looking to slowly mod my car bit by bit since $$ is always the main prob why its still bone stock..Hahaha..:banghead:

Btw,thanx for the info on the compression ratio..

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
erm how much i spent?? well i can only estimate as i upgrade the engine by a few stages...

the total sum should be around RM5-6k i think.. and all the mods done are not done one shot.. it is done over a few year's time...

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Hm...Mitsubishi got two different block..For lower capacity and the higher capacity...Differ than Toyota that they are using same block to all their engine...

For lower capacity are 1.3 & 1.5 that currently i'm using it for SOCH...and the higher capacity are 1.6 and above except 4g91 (1.5cc)that is using the same block because it is DOCH...

Correct me is i'm wrong.....cheerssss...

Standard 1.5 engine(my one) (but using 1.3 meter)...ehehhe....Just suka² onli....

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever since the Aston Martin Rapide Concept was shown back in 2006 at the Detroit Motor Show we have been pleading for the British manfacturer to build a production version and with these first spy shots of a near production ready model it appears we are going to get our wish.

Plans for the production version were originally shelved by previous owners Ford when they decided to sell their majority stake in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience