Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well... that G-Tech thing from b4 we borrow from a fren... since he ask us to keep it so we make full use of it to do testings lo.... now return already...

highbeam

Oct 6, 2008
hello all sifoo i have one questioan here..
can SOCH wira be DOCH?posible or not?
if posible can anyone tell me how it done?
:adore::adore::adore:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
In search for better fuel economy, how much is a complete 4g91 with gearbox?, mine is a 4g15 Auto VDO:mad: terrible FC.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i heard that 4G91 is quite difficult to get manual transmission... usually u'll get the auto version.

if ur concern is FC... y not opt for 1.6 MIVEC?? just plonk in the engine and change whatever wear n tear part needed... run it stock n u'll get power n good FC at the same time..

if budget is holding u back... y not u restore ur engine back to new condition? like performing a full overhaul on the engine...

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
i heard that 4G91 is quite difficult to get manual transmission... usually u'll get the auto version.

if ur concern is FC... y not opt for 1.6 MIVEC?? just plonk in the engine and change whatever wear n tear part needed... run it stock n u'll get power n good FC at the same time..

if budget is holding u back... y not u restore ur engine back to new condition? like performing a full overhaul on the engine...
MIVEC?, whats the prices these days?, must be insane.

Right now I have 2 choices; either just do a conversion to manual gearbox only, or a get an engine & gearbox combo.

I heard VDO models are a bitch do mod, will I have huge headaches changing to manual?

highbeam

Oct 6, 2008
hello again forumers!!!
i heard rumors if 1.6 or 1.8 gearbox put in stock wira 1.5 the top speed will increase but pickup
decrease..is it true?can anyone share experience please!!!
:hmmmm:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
now anything or any parts which carries the name MIVEC are more expensive than b4 due to the high demand and bcos 4G63 engine is not legal to fit into our puny chasis anymore.. :biggrin:

conversion to manual GB would be a more practical method.. but u will need some modification on the shifter, clutch lever n pump as well...

well.. VDO has its own strength and u just need to know how to mod it...

Last edited:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
1.6 n 1.8 gearbox have longer gear ratios as the engine is able to pull better...resulting with lower rpm with higher speeds... i dun think it is suitale to match with 1.5 engine power output... FC will suffer n will stress the engine more...

but if 1.8 engine use the 1.5 gearbox.. the pickup will improve dramatically... but the top speed will reduce for sure...

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Compressor...is it like what i mentioned before...the air compressor....

From what i heard this compressor technology is to increase more power and to reduce more fuel...is it correct...?

Bro khguan....can vr4 wiring install to 4g15 stock engine....is there any different?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Compressor...is it like what i mentioned before...the air compressor....

From what i heard this compressor technology is to increase more power and to reduce more fuel...is it correct...?

Bro khguan....can vr4 wiring install to 4g15 stock engine....is there any different?
that bottle thing called air compressor is useless... if u want power get a proper compressor aka supercharger...

vr4 wiring install in 4g15 wouldnt make any difference...

highbeam

Oct 6, 2008
1.6 n 1.8 gearbox have longer gear ratios as the engine is able to pull better...resulting with lower rpm with higher speeds... i dun think it is suitale to match with 1.5 engine power output... FC will suffer n will stress the engine more...

but if 1.8 engine use the 1.5 gearbox.. the pickup will improve dramatically... but the top speed will reduce for sure...

tq bro khguan for ur information..

rnutzeem

Apr 4, 2006
Hie guys, been reading this topic..wahh so much info la..

Got a few things in my mind..

Bro Khguan, with all the mods that you've done, how much does your car hutang u now? Hehehe.
Also anyone knows what the compression ratio for a stock 4G15? Bro Khguan, since u changed to a 1.6 stoker kit i assume that the compression ratio should increase too rite? By any chance did u compare the before and after?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
Those so-called air compressor or we regard it as "Air Leaker" is useless in making more power... since most of our cars are EFI.. the thing wont make a diiference as the ECU will compensate the air leak n u get back the same thing. Well maybe u get to brag to ur frens ur engine got this bling bling thing...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
I wonder why would u ppl think about using wiring from other cars would make a difference in performance?? Fitting in wiring from other cars mean fitting the ECU together... in other words u are changing the brain of the engine... a 4G15 is meant to be used with a 4G15 brain... not from VR4... just imagine this... putting an elephant brain into a mouse doesnt make the mouse strong like an elephant...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
Hie guys, been reading this topic..wahh so much info la..

Got a few things in my mind..

Bro Khguan, with all the mods that you've done, how much does your car hutang u now? Hehehe.
Also anyone knows what the compression ratio for a stock 4G15? Bro Khguan, since u changed to a 1.6 stoker kit i assume that the compression ratio should increase too rite? By any chance did u compare the before and after?
what hutang huh??

According to spec, the compression ratio for 4G15 is 9.2:1 and 4G18 is 10.5:1... well i duno the bout the compression ratio in my car engine la... somemore i have skimmed the cylinder head for even higher compression ratio. Maybe one day i should go n do a compression test to see how much the compression ratio is.