Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
getting a 1.8 flywheel into a 1.3 engine... wouldnt that make ur car slower huh?
didnt see this post earlier hehe

hmm back to topic, i think it just may...unless like sky sed, u lighten it, but knowing how much to lighten it so it yields benefits is a problem...plus to make a bigger flywheel lighter than a smaller one would mean quite a major weight loss programme, not sure whether it would affect durability or not...

i still think that the only time suitable to upgrade to a larger flywheel is when u need a larger clutch to cope with bigger power, provided u dont want to mod ur ori flywheel to fit on the larger clutch

heel n toe what is dat??... i long time din perform adi... i also drive like uncle bawa slow slow cruise around town... everyone kepish kepish in front of me how to chase wor....
hehe i dissect ur sentence bit by bit ah, to 'DIS'-prove that u r a noob, or an uncle

1st u ask what h & t is...then u mention u long time din perform edi...means u noe what it is lah :P

evryone kepish kepish in front of u, u cant chase...if read between the line, this means that all the cars which are NA (no kepish-kepish) confirm can (and will) chase one....hhehehhehehehe

hey guys.. any recommended workshop around hulu kelang/keramat/ampang area where I can lighten my flywheel? and also install the 1.6 stroker kit? planning to do it probably within the next couple of weeks.. yeay! my ride will have more power! :biggrin:
orait dude! u wont regret it, if not mistaken someone is selling their engine block complete with the 1.6 kit really cheep in this forum's marketplace, do check it out

after that carik weber and hot street cam, so can feed more fuel and air to the bigger 'stomach' hehe

seems that the prices of the stroker kit will be going upwards kekekeke

craziqbal

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
I alrd have 4G15 EFI..I don't need the block kan?

also which workshop to go to? I really need a recommendation..

oscarwoo

Jul 12, 2007
about the clutch i not really understand,
but i know that the wira se manual ori clutch is really sucks,
somebody told me that is worse than those old model wira,
i use mmc clutch(RM 700++so expensive:bawling:) ,
the clutch is softer than ori(is good 4 traffic jam hehe...) ,and the starting of gear 1 is smoother than ori,
is it good or not i donno, but really feel better than ori.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
I alrd have 4G15 EFI..I don't need the block kan?

also which workshop to go to? I really need a recommendation..
yap, u dunneed the block, 4got u oredi have a 4g15 hehe

woo efi...can go the powerzone way haha..

erm about the recommended workshop, solli cant help there, me not knowing

the clutch is softer than ori(is good 4 traffic jam hehe...) ,and the starting of gear 1 is smoother than ori,
wah rm700! expensive but i guess good stuff does not come cheap

end of the day, difficult to say good or no good, it is more important how u feel about the clutch, if u like that the clutch pedal is nice and soft to press, and the engagement is smooth rather than very hard-biting and rough, then the clutch would be considered good and is perfect for u, MMC japan is definitely quality stuff

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
the piping now u r using is still oem issit? satria gti piping is about 1.8 inch issit? cant remember

sure better than previous one

now my engine cant rev high, something could be wrong with fuel supply, it hesitates at higher rpm, and then temp goes up prolly from running lean...this happened b4, a few months back, but swapped out the fuel filter, then it ran ok, now its back again...gonna try bypassing the filter and see how it turns out...

craziqbal

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
wow, after reading what powerzone can do in their site, I am very, very tempted to go to powerzone and let them do my car. :hmmmm:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
the piping now u r using is still oem issit? satria gti piping is about 1.8 inch issit? cant remember

sure better than previous one

now my engine cant rev high, something could be wrong with fuel supply, it hesitates at higher rpm, and then temp goes up prolly from running lean...this happened b4, a few months back, but swapped out the fuel filter, then it ran ok, now its back again...gonna try bypassing the filter and see how it turns out...
now i'm using the WiSE mendrel piping with a midbox n bullet... the GTi ori piping is 1.8" with 2 bullets, one of it very small one.

the GTi piping i welded the cracked part sprayed black with high temp paint. Tried installing today but noticed that the piping is shorter of about 4-5 inches... so tmr will send to do extension n install one shot.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
wow, after reading what powerzone can do in their site, I am very, very tempted to go to powerzone and let them do my car. :hmmmm:
roughly their prices:

1. PnP head = rm 1500
2. cam = rm 12xx
3. stroker = rm 1500
4. balance/blueprinting = rm 2xxx to 3xxx(not sure this one)
5. u would need racing clutch = rm 5xx to 8xx
6. 4-2-1 header = rm 400
7. piggyback ecu = rm 1xxx to 2xxx
8. cam pulley (arospeed enough lah) = rm 200
9. LSD = rm 7xx

All of which are not including labour/tuning charges yet...

If your pocket can tahan, then i say go for it

May seem expensive, but this is the best treatment u can give ur 4g15 hehe, super kick@$$

Khguan, do update us on ur results ya, would be interesting

GRey wOMbat

Jun 29, 2004
Hi guys,im driving wira 1.5 manual 2005 model,last yer installed proton perdana clutch set with my standard flywheel(skim a bit) all cost me about rm500. Still fun with it,pick up much better and my car still can reach 180 without any problem.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
tofu,
my results??

here's what i have done:

1. PnP Head
2. 1.6 stroker kit
3. higher compression head skim
4. WiSE extractor
5. Powerzone cam
6. Arospeed cam gear
7. Works AFPR
8. Mythelogy LCP
9. GTi TB (custom mod abit)
10. WiSE mandrel piping + twintip s-flow muffler
11. THermal wrap on header n piping
12. Stock standard clutch

The results - my car can follow a stock Satria GTi on highways and even on genting uphill. But not overtaking la. Top speed slightly over 200kmh. Still got a little minor tuning b4 i send for dyno(the GTi exhaust piping). Btw my car tuned for a balanced power delivery between low and high rpm range.

GRey wOMbat

Jun 29, 2004
Khguan, where can i find WiSE extractor? is there any shop sell it? Where did u get it?
Anyway,nice mod bro for ur 1.5, dream to do wat u hve done.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
WiSE extractor is not sold anywhere unless u goto proton original parts... hehe... a tuned length extractor from WiSE.. so if any of ur frens driving WiSE n changing the extractor, quick quick grab from him.

My car has gone through a long time (about 5 years) to fully complete what i want until today... learn slowly.. do research, read reviews, discuss with frens, trial n error... and i find that stock settings are the best most of the time... so i always opt for stock parts from a higher spec car n fit into my car..

I also learnt that every mod need to be balanced with each other.. the biggest doesnt mean the best.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Black Mamba

Arm/Disarm
Foot Autolock
Adjustable shock sensor

Comes with:

Complete wiring
1 year Warranty(starting 6/6/05)
2 Remotes Built in With Blue LED
Remote can control Doors n front Bonnet
Siren
Manual Installation
receipt Of purchase (6/6/05)-4 cheaper installation at Brother's KJaya

rm185 nett (retail price:rm188)

Mugen High Power Central Locking System
for 4...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience