Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
1. "Sparco" Steering Quick Release (anyone using? does it shake?)
I'd skip this one, wudnt want it to snap while cornering

2. "SARD" Fuel pressure regulator (I am using the standard saga carb, is this upgrade ok? or do I need to change the fuel rail and weber carb also before doing this upgrade?)
SARD fuel pressure regulators are for EFI systems, not carb. FPR's not really needed for carbs. even though they do make them.

3. Arospeed Cam Pulley (or should I use the standard one since I am not going to put in Hi Cam?)
Can use also but for minimal adjustments only. Better if with high cam. Btw my old arospeed cam pulley had excessive wear at the camshaft pin hole area.

4. Mod 1.6 flywheel? (got benefit or the increase in power is not worth the cost & time?)
Never did this, majority of aftermarket flywheels are lighter (not bigger / heavier) to improve response etc. etc. so id rather lighten the standard one instead.

5. Exedy semi racing clutch? (or should I just stick to standard? benefits?)
Go for this if your power levels are such that standard clutch starts to slip and not able to cope.

Thanks in advance to those who reply. Appreciate it.
Reply is above in bold. Cheers!

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Hi guys, sorry to bump old thread, may I ask if the airbox between 4G13/4G15 Satria is the same?
Is it u young boi new in automotive?

Yes.. ur izzit fuel injection? 1.3 and 1.5 wira and satria is same body chasis... they have same parts mounting point.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Hi

Can some one tell me what is the valve clearance for the 4g13 engine

THX
Wow.... diy?.. u can always google for answer. I forgot about proton wira. . As I always adjust it. Removing the top cover will cost u a new seal.... so get a pro to set it bck for u

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
yes iszo

vdo to vdo
mmc to mmc
no prob pnp

vdo to mmc
mmc to vdo
got prob to mount the sensor

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
airbox for the air filter same but air hose different, vdo had a IAT sensor, proton called that surge tank sensor:hmmmm:

same?:hmmmm:
my bro mmc4G13 got a sensor the size of my palm maf sensor
he want to use my vdo4G13 stock air box but no mount point for his maf sensor:confused:
i can use his open pod no problem w/o the adapter la:biggrin:
later he uses 4G9x stock air box settle

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
same?:hmmmm:
my bro mmc4G13 got a sensor the size of my palm maf sensor
he want to use my vdo4G13 stock air box but no mount point for his maf sensor:confused:
i can use his open pod no problem w/o the adapter la:biggrin:
later he uses 4G9x stock air box settle
haha drill hole and lock nut only ma.. ur bro mod on maf sensor, as i know mmc dosen't produce maf sensor for car below 1500cc those day, they use map sensor.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,
any idea if i could DIY a timer for the air-cond fan to spin after i turn off the engine?
my idea was to cool down the engine/engine bay with just only the air-cond fan... means like after u turn off ur engine, of course la the engine compartment will be hot, so if there's such thing as a timer to make ur fan to spin and blow air into ur engine compartment to cool down ur system? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience