Project " Saving the Old Lady "

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
this car needs beefy deep dish rims...not so low profile tyres n huge grills...n a small duck tail spoiler

XJS with RB25 ar? xjs is 3.6l originally...so i was thinking supra 2jz inside? but i'm not so interested in turbos...more prefer NA or SC...wat other engines can fit ar? 55k is about that range la...but i remember topgear buying an old xjs n playing around with it...for them is old cheap junker...for us, it still costs the same with a new family sedan!

dfws77...if u need a new windscreen, let me know cos i already sourced for a new set but no use to me since the car i targeted already taken up. blardy regretting it till now...oh another thing...if u wanna custom make absorbers for yr old lady...maybe lowered it a little...maybe can get somebody to custom make it? titan racing might be able to come up with something...about the exhaust fumes thing...it could be as u say...a leak in the rear somewhere cos when u driving, the inside of the car becomes a low pressure zone and the outside becomes a high pressure zone esp the under esp the rear lower end...so the exhaust fumes would be sucked into the car...normally ppl will check that area for leaks.

dfws77

Known Member
Jul 9, 2010
Penang
kenny: nice design you got there but i am looking more abit garang face. i want to turn the Lady to a beast but also got the lady look. hahahaha. and also may think to get a 2 GT white stripe.

arturo: what you said is right. mothernature invented vacuum. these are the aerodynamics feature that suck the fumes in right into the car if the body has leakage.
so far i am not going to custom design the car much. only the bumper nia. the rest i will use whatever it has. i was thinking of changing the absorber but maybe will be later. use until koyak first. hahaha. as for the windscreen bro.. that is for 280zx or other model?
last night i went to the sifu's place to take a look at the car... shocking man. i saw the real bad shape of the car after they remove the bumpers and side skirts. they have to get metal sheets and re-do the body work. it's gonna take alot of time. this wan no choice coz getting old classic cars need two things. time and money. sheeeesh.

i saw in mudah got opel manta for sale. it's a very nice classic car. it's doen't have the sporty look like the Z but it has the muscle look. if you guys interested.. can check it out in mudah. quite cheap also he sell. RM6500 without engine and RM9000 with SR20DET.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
@ Kenny: You know what? I think he's going to have a lot of competetion with you haha :burnout:, your drawing makes it look like an alfa... classy :love:!

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i just saw an old lady 280zx on my way back to mlk yesterday around sungai balang area...condition was horrible but i still stopped n asked the guy how much...wasted he wasnt selling arrrrrgh!

opel manta has the muscle car looks la but not so sleek n bulky...prefer TA22 over it. if only the TA22 were a little longer n more squat it'll be perfect!

dfws77...post up photos la...make this the thread to go to when future restorers of old ladies wanna start their project...the windscreen i was told was for the 280zx. but doesnt come with the fittings...

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
@ Kenny: You know what? I think he's going to have a lot of competetion with you haha :burnout:, your drawing makes it look like an alfa... classy :love:!
Thanks.. ask your fren also feed more poison here if he hv time.. want to kaw kaw poison dfws77 ma...hhehehhe

kenny: nice design you got there but i am looking more abit garang face. i want to turn the Lady to a beast but also got the lady look. hahahaha. and also may think to get a 2 GT white stripe.
so bro... you mean you want a garang beasty lady ar.....hhehehhe

this car needs beefy deep dish rims...not so low profile tyres n huge grills...n a small duck tail spoiler
well i think i was looking at stepped lip rims... not easy to find but would look damn cool...
actually, theyre sex!

ok... poison away

Blank Grille

Flush Grille

Deep Grille

enjoy!:burnout:

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Okay i just had to do it...

Flushed, hippari, oversized and tucked

dfws77

Known Member
Jul 9, 2010
Penang
oooohhhhhh daaaaaaang kenny. your poison's bad. hot and bad. love the blank grille. can you wide the fender area like the 240z? looks something like wide body kit.

arturo.... i will snap some pics when i go to the sifu's workshop again. here is a pic for you guys to see.

Attachments

bkf8660

Known Member
May 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
more pic pls!!!
do u think where we still can find this gem?
i browse through motor trader all century all dont have...=.=" so sad

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
im sorry but why hijack tony's thread, im sure u can start ur own and this car is more like a ZX than a Z, its a S130 really!

its sad you dont wanna give it the ol school carb feeding L series engine to it. but a modern RB25? well better off buying a skyline or something else to feel it, whats the point of looking retro but having an ultra modern heart? but yeah to each their own i guess. but really, you should start your own thread, least by then, you would realise how much progress you have made. trust me on that, most of the people here know my thread spans 27 pages and its not even finished for my car

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
my apologies.. should i remove my above post, if necessary, please let me know... sorry again

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
not ur fault kennyyeoh, just that , i feel someone should star their own journey and not continue on others halfway, at least there is a story to tell , really!

dfws77

Known Member
Jul 9, 2010
Penang
kevin: you are right. i am going to start a new thread on it. i was just sharing and then everything just start pouring. anyways.. new thread on the way with my progress pics. :D

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
good, looking forward to that. u know theres tons of wreck out there. haha, my friend even bought a 240z for 7k and the condition is just darn good. sometimes its all luck! lol

dfws77

Known Member
Jul 9, 2010
Penang
GUYS.... new thread just started. It's called "280zx Concept Car". Got only 3 new pics nia. So .. enjoy.

sythen

May 27, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
uthinkucandrive,

chasis softening problem..perhaps u're wondering the floor pan or metal sheet repair. The whole body restoration work consumed 8 peices of 4' by 4' metal sheet, cut and reshape. For the chasis main frame, they're basically 2 big steel frame running from the rear to the front. Tht too, we have to refabricate it from the steel shop and replaced it onto the chasis. Making sure the chasis is still as staright as it suppose to be was rather a messy job. If u ask me how long the car would last, with proper antirust, undercoat, paint, car wash and care..next 10-15 years should not be an issue.
sorry to bring up an old thread, but i wanna ask OP about the chassis replacement. when u say refabricate, do u mean repairing the original chassis (cut out rusted segments and weld on replacement parts) or building an entirely new chassis? and what are the specs for the steel tubing u used? approx price of the job?

information on this would be much appreciated. cheers!

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
bro how the lady? finish restore? got finish pics. damn your one lucky guy la. me my self been seaching the 2 seater only. only get the 2+2 version only. i like wangan midnight

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
i think he finished the project a while ago and has indicated interests to sell it for 50k thru my pm once

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i read through lots of forums regarding exhaust thermal wrap and how lots of enthusiasts and mechanics are against it and suggested ceramic coating instead but price difference is really big. They claimed it absorbs moisture and eventually our extractor will weaken and crumble before its time

however, i came across this saying in a website:

"Point to note: It's only a rumour that exhaust wrap absorbs water and can encourage your mild steel headers to crumble away prematurely. If anyone...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience