I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
JIN, thanks for ur useful information bro..u r really expert la..huhuhu :adore:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i haven't seen his car but he told me b4 dat his car got more than 300WHP lo..walao eh, dat's super duper powdeful lo...wakakakaka..fren of mine which is also a zth member also told his car is darn fast.. :burnout:

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
depends really on wht u use it for , u need scramble ? u want to tune it using gear or speed , u want to have extra bling ? u want more accuracy ?

i tell u the pro's of everything first

greddy simplicity cos only two settings and very very easy to tune , can buy quick switch
hks uses stepper motor, very accurate and closed loop operation is electronic elimates vacuum hose to ur dashboard , no quick switch but can press a button to go scramble
blitz same as greddy bt has 4 boost settings + 1 scramble , haha dnt have switch , only button on unit
apexi can tune by gear , by speed , can monitor rpm , speed etc together in avcr and accurate cos of using boost pressure sensor like hks, doesnt need hose till dashboard, can DIY own normal switch to make scramble boost, its just wiring

cons

greddy has only boost settings , need to pull a boost hose to ur control unit
hks much more expensive thts it
blitz need to putar putar knob to change setting 1 to setting 2 or etc, its not easy while driving , need to pull vacuum hose to ur controller
apexi , hard to tune , uses stepper motor too , complicating

why i chose profec b spec II ?
first of all , i only run two settings low and high , why do i need scramble when i can just run high boost , i can buy the quick switch n switch between hi and lo , on drag race i just low boost when lower gears n switch to hi boost at higher gear , wht else to i need :) , extras not needed for me , only iritating thing is to put a tee from my boost meter n feed the controller at dashboard, same goes with BLITZ ,

conclusion, got cash ? go get EVC , u dont have RSM also to monitor other things then get a AVCR to get all in one monitoring , u know wht u want n just adjust boost , get Greddy , u dnt mind pusing pusing knob and knowing wht boost setting u r in , 1,2,3,4 then go for Blitz , heehehheehehee, sorry blitz users , i just dint like the Blitz DSBC that i used last time :P
great info Jin..tq very much...im also wondering abt EVC6....what is pro on con?>

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
300whp fast, come on bro, nowdays minimum 400hp to say "woah" :D

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
300whp fast, come on bro, nowdays minimum 400hp to say "woah" :D
I agree man... nowadays... 400-500hp can say "woahhhh" sticking to the bucket seat... <300hp very common... *sigh* 500hp can drive in normal streets ka? can control meh? especially those satria evos 400hp++ drive it like snake only la... cannot even steer straight.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
even rwd with anything above 330whp already cannot put torque to the ground with normal street sport tires..... if giving it a full blast on every gear, its enough to send you to the nearby bush

rurippe

Sep 22, 2008
both the avcr and evc can display the vehicle speed, but can they record the speeds or at least the highest speed like the rsm?

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
u dnt mind pusing pusing knob and knowing wht boost setting u r in , 1,2,3,4 then go for Blitz , heehehheehehee, sorry blitz users , i just dint like the Blitz DSBC that i used last time :P

bro....
i bougt that car and that car have dsbc...
so i need u help how to pusing2 the knob.. still now i also dont now the previos car owner do the boost setup....
still now i just rembat that car, and dotnow the boost...i m newbie for the boost setting

hope u can help me...
i appeciate....:biggrin:

teztozterone

Known Member
May 18, 2006
Hi sifus,
I just bought an old gen Blitz SSBC with dual solenoid ( the controller unit only has "Hi" and "Low" display with 2 knobs to adjust , it has no boost display )

I want to ask, between the solenoid and the controller unit, there is another control box, that has a vacuum inlet from intake manifold, which I T-off with my boost gauge.
There is also a "AC" and "WG" switch (which I assume is for you to choose whether you are running external wastegate, or normal actuator...I chose "WG" as I'm running external WG )...There is also a "gain" adjustment screw, Will it help boost response if I adjusted the screw clock wise?

I can't find a manual for this EBC, so any help is much appreciated :)

Thanks all

teztozterone

Known Member
May 18, 2006
Bro Speed2Horizon,

Yes, I Tee off the vacuum inlet to the boost gauge already...I'm more confused about the "gain" adjustment screw...Does it help increase boost response if adjusted?

Thanks

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi, good day. Im driving a wira 1.5 a/b se and I could hear somesort of metal clanging sound everytime I start my car after the engine gets cold. I could hear the sound only when I start the car after turning off the engine for more than two or three hours. Starting the car early in the morning is the worse. Starting the car after 30 mins or even 1 hour of turning off the engine results in no sound at all. The sound will disappear after some time, maybe after 10 mins of drive. Im having...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience