Profec B vs Blitz SSBC spec R

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
I knew mostly lot of ppl got use profec B spec II because it's easy & friendly using....but wanna compare does anybody use Blitz SSBC spec II b4? How's the feedback?good??friendly using?easy to adjust? Your feedback is highly appreciate, thanks

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
SSBC Spec II , latest version is it bro , never heard of it , i know there is SSBC Type S and Type R

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
im using profec b , i used Blitz SSBC before
few things i dont like bout SSBC , to change from hi to low, must putar the knob
while flying 180kmh, u berani to putar or not bro , summore usually put the boost controller right infront of meter panel on top of steering boss kit. susah la , its not easy when driving
use profec b , just need to press one button then hi or low boost.
blitz also got its advantage , blitz can set 4 boost settings , greddy can set only two and greddy no scramble boost. In my usage , i dnt use scramble, :P its either low or hi only
greddy is cheaper than blitz for sure , and u can buy "Greddy Remote Switch" , its a wireless button to strap on ur gear knob or steering wheel so can up ur boost :D

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
im using profec b , i used Blitz SSBC before
few things i dont like bout SSBC , to change from hi to low, must putar the knob
while flying 180kmh, u berani to putar or not bro , summore usually put the boost controller right infront of meter panel on top of steering boss kit. susah la , its not easy when driving
use profec b , just need to press one button then hi or low boost.
blitz also got its advantage , blitz can set 4 boost settings , greddy can set only two and greddy no scramble boost. In my usage , i dnt use scramble, :P its either low or hi only
greddy is cheaper than blitz for sure , and u can buy "Greddy Remote Switch" , its a wireless button to strap on ur gear knob or steering wheel so can up ur boost :D
and the remote switch can also be use to activate nitrous and also datalogging wid e manage..

i vote for profec B if i have to choose 1.... if i were given my own choice. i go for turbosmart eboost 2

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
and the remote switch can also be use to activate nitrous and also datalogging wid e manage..

i vote for profec B if i have to choose 1.... if i were given my own choice. i go for turbosmart eboost 2
why i choice is turbosmart eboost compare to profec B?
how abt EVC6?

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
The BLITZ Spec R is able to control more boost compared to the GReddy unit..
Say.. your actuator base boost is 0.4bar and u wanted to increase to 1.2bar, the greddy unit will experience unstable boost. While the BLITZ Spec R will be able to handle that...
BLITZ SPEC S uses a different solenoid.. therefore it is only fair to compare BLITZ Spec S to the Greddy Profec B Spec II. Both Spec S and Profec B are basic electronic boost controller. Both are nice and easy to use and affordable. Compared to the bitch AVCR is one heck of a mutha to use the self learning boost.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
The BLITZ Spec R is able to control more boost compared to the GReddy unit..
Say.. your actuator base boost is 0.4bar and u wanted to increase to 1.2bar, the greddy unit will experience unstable boost. While the BLITZ Spec R will be able to handle that...
BLITZ SPEC S uses a different solenoid.. therefore it is only fair to compare BLITZ Spec S to the Greddy Profec B Spec II. Both Spec S and Profec B are basic electronic boost controller. Both are nice and easy to use and affordable. Compared to the bitch AVCR is one heck of a mutha to use the self learning boost.
i understand wht ur saying, my wastegate is 0.6bar , i boost up to 1.8bar , its around 1.7~1.8bar like that , but accurate enuff la :D

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
ok....go knowladge here...like me lastime using a avcr but dont know how to setting coz alot of button need to press....

converge

Known Member
Jun 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I think is has only low and high boost setting. And come with remort for fast switch. Need Jin to explain more, he my profec tuner :biggrin:

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
wah,i dont have boost controler right now...and looking for a new one....
but dont know what to use which one....

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
conclusion of which is the best?..greddy,hks,blitz or apexi? :hmmmm:

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
i also dont know...the most important part dont to susah lah...what is the best?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
which is the best must ask jin ade..JIN, u there?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
conclusion of which is the best?..greddy,hks,blitz or apexi? :hmmmm:
depends really on wht u use it for , u need scramble ? u want to tune it using gear or speed , u want to have extra bling ? u want more accuracy ?

i tell u the pro's of everything first

greddy simplicity cos only two settings and very very easy to tune , can buy quick switch
hks uses stepper motor, very accurate and closed loop operation is electronic elimates vacuum hose to ur dashboard , no quick switch but can press a button to go scramble
blitz same as greddy bt has 4 boost settings + 1 scramble , haha dnt have switch , only button on unit
apexi can tune by gear , by speed , can monitor rpm , speed etc together in avcr and accurate cos of using boost pressure sensor like hks, doesnt need hose till dashboard, can DIY own normal switch to make scramble boost, its just wiring

cons

greddy has only boost settings , need to pull a boost hose to ur control unit
hks much more expensive thts it
blitz need to putar putar knob to change setting 1 to setting 2 or etc, its not easy while driving , need to pull vacuum hose to ur controller
apexi , hard to tune , uses stepper motor too , complicating

why i chose profec b spec II ?
first of all , i only run two settings low and high , why do i need scramble when i can just run high boost , i can buy the quick switch n switch between hi and lo , on drag race i just low boost when lower gears n switch to hi boost at higher gear , wht else to i need :) , extras not needed for me , only iritating thing is to put a tee from my boost meter n feed the controller at dashboard, same goes with BLITZ ,

conclusion, got cash ? go get EVC , u dont have RSM also to monitor other things then get a AVCR to get all in one monitoring , u know wht u want n just adjust boost , get Greddy , u dnt mind pusing pusing knob and knowing wht boost setting u r in , 1,2,3,4 then go for Blitz , heehehheehehee, sorry blitz users , i just dint like the Blitz DSBC that i used last time :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to sifu and expert,
i wonder if we need to change the clutch plate or torque convertor in the AT GB?
for manual GB we need to change the clutch plate when there is less grip so how about for auto gb?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience