Problem on tein absorber! please help

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
hello to all master,
My tein adjustable suspension recently got sound. like "clock clock" is this call knocking sound?
when i jack up the car, i can see my absorber not extend out smoothly. it is like jerking out. every times up is about 0.5cm gradually. not smooth up and down. what is the problem? if i continues drive like this, is it ok ? please help. thanks !!

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
bro, you won't be able to check like that la... its better to go to a workshop and have them remove it from your car to check first. how long have you been using the tein?

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
bought it 2nd hand. workshop cant open it. unless go to N1. he said like jam maybe fiber boast rosak.. dunno right or not..

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
have to take out and check...part by part...try Blitz Garage sunway...last time I also service my tein abs there...if not..try N1 since they are the distributor where u get replacement part easily...

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
actually i intend to service mine too...how much is the normal charges....

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
bro azizi, Rm70 is include what service and where? dun really like to go N1. the reason is :
1, banyak lan si (sombong).
2. charges is high. open inspection to let u know the problem charge Rm50 if u dun1 to repair.
any place to introduce more? but i think not much people will repair my mono flex (as i know)

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
at blitz garage...
why not u try call/pm ah kit cruise power...ask for his advice..

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
i dun think kit is familiar with absorber right? but anyway, will try to call him later..

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hi guys,

Request an update... any one know how much the current cost for servicing TEIN at N1?
Or there is any other new TEIN Distributor in Malaysia...? KL preferably.

rizalaris

Aug 14, 2008
service at N1 charges RM300 per shock inclusive of:
- oil fluid
- nitrogen gas
- oil seal

according to them, as along as no oil leak, no need to service.
if the sound still appear, might be ur main shaft problem.

to replace will cost u over RM1k per shaft.

advised from Jebu, try to use the softest setting first all around and see whether the sound still appear or not.

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
Talking about absorber problems, mine has the "tang tang" sound when I turn the steering, sounds like the spring jumping, anyone have this problem?

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Talking about absorber problems, mine has the "tang tang" sound when I turn the steering, sounds like the spring jumping, anyone have this problem?

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
How bout the annoying squeaking sound when the road is kinda unbalance/bumps?! Izzit the absorbers itself or other parts like the lower arm or bushing related that's causing the sounds?! Hopefully it's just the dust cover rubbing against the threads... Haven't remove my Teins yet to do an inspection...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, in the UK rhf4's are cheaper and easier to find than the td04 etc alot of you prefer, so I was looking for info on fitting an rhf4 to an L5 ... With that in mind I've a couple of questions for you:

1.Can an RHF4 (VF13) be fitted direct to an EF-RL or JB-JL?
If so what needs doing? new manifold? extra fuelling?

2. RHF3/4 Hybrid can someone tell me the best way to do this.
I would be looking at doing this myself and have a mate who can do a bit of machining.

Why do I ask...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience