Need advise on launch start problem..

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I've been thinking quiet sometimes to post this weird issue bcoz really don't know how to put in words. I have dilemma with my E9 where i can't "launch start" due to unknown reason. If i rev the car at certain rpm (not even reach rpm cut off) for launch start it will suddenly bounce back d power. Furthermore it will take quiet sometimes to get back the power. Need to drive a few minutes then it'll become normal. But if i suddenly rev under running condition even with the 1st gear then no problem it can go like normal.

Hope you guys can understand the story and share your experience what could be the reason behind. Not sure also whether E9 is set with launch control but I don't really understand what launch control is all about. Btw i'm using ogura clutch just replaced few months back. Thanks in advance!! :adore::adore::burnout:

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I hv reflashed my ecu. Mind to share I've sourced out the reason and this could be the issue.."What u are experiencing is called limp mode. In order to use the 2 step launch the car needs to be sitting still and not moving. With the car in first clutch in rev and it should hit 5500 and bounce for the two step unless it has been changed. If the car is moving or u are in any other gear it will free rev to the limiter and bounce and then the ecu will go into limp mode to protect u from damaging the motor. Its there to keep u from blowing your motor sky high."

Refer to the video it's same case with me
YouTube - Evo IX 5k RPM Launch Control

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need feedback from those who lowered their car's spring before. I want to know usually how much ppl lower? 1 inch? 2 inches?
I'm driving a NeoCps, the original ground clearance is very high but it looks uncool. Saw many Neo's that lowered their height, looks much better. But I don't want to lower it too much that I have to go over bumbs very very slowly..... Just wanna to make it look nicer. :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Those that lowered you car's height before please feel free to give...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience