Need advise - I can't start my car during hot engine condition

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi sifus and frens,

I have problem with my car cannot start when it's in hot engine condition. I can't even crank the engine during start up. For example, after going through massive traffic jam or left idling for long time. Initially i thought it was due to battery weak but after replace to new one problem still there. I need to wait for about 2 hours then i can only start my car. I did monitor the battery during driving and it maintains at 13.8 volt. Just puzzling what is actually the cause of the problem. Appreciate for any advise and thanks in advance.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its easier to change the whole thing, but u can service it if a replacement unit is hard to come by

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
u can use a hammer to softly knock knock the starter, then see it can start or not...
it worked on my previous honda, not sure evo can or not. so that can confirm the starter problem.

some time faulty relay can give problem like this. the faulty relay does not work during hot.
you can try to check the starter relay (i am not sure where it is though).

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
hi...may i know what car are you driving?

it could be a faulty coolant temperature sensor...my friend had the same problem

get it scan with a obd tool to confirm...

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
its easier to change the whole thing, but u can service it if a replacement unit is hard to come by
Thanks for d advise bro..

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

u can use a hammer to softly knock knock the starter, then see it can start or not...
it worked on my previous honda, not sure evo can or not. so that can confirm the starter problem.

some time faulty relay can give problem like this. the faulty relay does not work during hot.
you can try to check the starter relay (i am not sure where it is though).
The wshop guy has taken out and not to say service but just clean the starter from carbon but still doesn't work. Maybe can try on relay then. Thanks bro!!

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

hi...may i know what car are you driving?

it could be a faulty coolant temperature sensor...my friend had the same problem

get it scan with a obd tool to confirm...
I drive E9. Will consider and check that too. Thanks bro..

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

u could change the starter carbon brush inside it, but not many mechs are willing to do it.....
costs bout rm60 including workmanship.
Bro Danz, may be possible if hard to get d replacement :banghead:. Thanks btw.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all

I will be coming back to malaysia soon. I have Rm300k to spend for cars.
Actually I need 2 cars once im back in Malaysia. 1 for daily driving and the other for weekend car.
Im always a big fan of 2 doors car. I would appreciate if you guys can recommend me a 2 doors car that are available in Malaysia within that budget. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience