Problem after changing tyres..help..

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
I just changed 2 tyres..the front one shift to the back..left 90% thread..then
the front one using the new one. Problem is..after changing tyres..wen at highspeed
cornering..the car like wanna skid..b4 changing tyres it was not like tht..
Questions is...
Is it because the tyres r still new need to run for a period of time Or Is it bcoz of the tyre pressure..or some setting?!

Thanks!

cynicks

Known Member
Feb 29, 2004
PJ
most proly could be your camber sudah off. Check and see.. I had that problem once, bcoz the mech, play play with my cambers....;(

bettergrip

Known Member
Mar 2, 2005
assuming your tyres are equal or better than the previous... then I guess Cynicks has a point.

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
a sifoo once told me u have to wear down the new tires (run it in) for 200km under careful driving before whacking them in high speed corners. this is so the sidewalls dont get squashed straightaway and weaken prematurely. he calls it "seasoning the tire"

i have no proof that by following this advice ur tires will skid less, coz i never tried NOT following that advice. its a thing to try, if u want to, and its just one person's opinion.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
AE80TypeD said:
a sifoo once told me u have to wear down the new tires (run it in) for 200km under careful driving before whacking them in high speed corners. this is so the sidewalls dont get squashed straightaway and weaken prematurely. he calls it "seasoning the tire"

i have no proof that by following this advice ur tires will skid less, coz i never tried NOT following that advice. its a thing to try, if u want to, and its just one person's opinion.
yaya.. thats what i heard too.

but even if you 'season' your tire, it won't perform to its max potential, as it will degrade while you drive around it slowly. so for best performance is to shave it, shave off the top surface.

no i dunno how, and i think your shaving knife won't do. this applies to all racing slicks, dunno about normal tires but more or less the same lar.. IMH2centO

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Oh~...i changed duno wat chamber wen i change the tyre...like a big screw..coz he show me already senget..1 day already..still not stable..high speed on highway..feel the steering very very light..very dangerous..haih! i rather din change tyre b4...

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
most probably due to the tyre sidewall..maybe it's soft..so it flex during cornering....

what is the model of the rear wheel tyres?

try pump 240 kpa at the back or set the allignment to +0.5 left and right = +1.0

it helps..

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
fritz said:
Oh~...i changed duno wat chamber wen i change the tyre...like a big screw..coz he show me already senget..1 day already..still not stable..high speed on highway..feel the steering very very light..very dangerous..haih! i rather din change tyre b4...
The problem that you're facing is because of new tyre.
You have to season it for more than 200km.
It happen to me as well everytime I change the new tyres.
most probably this problem will last for more than 1 week.
Better drive carefully and don't whack on the corner 1st.

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
just drive down jb and back laaaa .... sure ok after that already ... hheheheheh ... wait a week and see how it is ...

cynicks

Known Member
Feb 29, 2004
PJ
fritz said:
This could very well be the camber and new tyres not seasoned yet. both are important. Set the camber back.

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
yolk: lead me to johor la..u will motivate me to heat up my tyres..haha...
Ok...thankz all sifu..i will c after 1 week how first..

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
maybe u sould bring your car to reputable alignment shops
like michelin in OKR or YS Khong in Taman Mayang for a full
car alignment setup with total camber, caster, alignment &
on wheel balancing tweakings... tell them your problem &
what kinda handling u want... I guarantee you will be satisfied.

Ray

Known Member
Jan 26, 2004
re align the tyre and balance rear tyre....

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
but they did alignment after they install the new tyres woh..?! blur..raining tht time..WORST!! today raining so heavily..my car cant pass a normal cornering at highway for more than 100...haih!