Problem after changing tyres..help..

fritz

Jan 11, 2005
www.mrbaoz.com.my
I just changed 2 tyres..the front one shift to the back..left 90% thread..then
the front one using the new one. Problem is..after changing tyres..wen at highspeed
cornering..the car like wanna skid..b4 changing tyres it was not like tht..
Questions is...
Is it because the tyres r still new need to run for a period of time Or Is it bcoz of the tyre pressure..or some setting?!

Thanks!

cynicks

Feb 29, 2004
most proly could be your camber sudah off. Check and see.. I had that problem once, bcoz the mech, play play with my cambers....;(

bettergrip

Mar 2, 2005
assuming your tyres are equal or better than the previous... then I guess Cynicks has a point.

AE80TypeD

Nov 24, 2003
a sifoo once told me u have to wear down the new tires (run it in) for 200km under careful driving before whacking them in high speed corners. this is so the sidewalls dont get squashed straightaway and weaken prematurely. he calls it "seasoning the tire"

i have no proof that by following this advice ur tires will skid less, coz i never tried NOT following that advice. its a thing to try, if u want to, and its just one person's opinion.

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
AE80TypeD said:
a sifoo once told me u have to wear down the new tires (run it in) for 200km under careful driving before whacking them in high speed corners. this is so the sidewalls dont get squashed straightaway and weaken prematurely. he calls it "seasoning the tire"

i have no proof that by following this advice ur tires will skid less, coz i never tried NOT following that advice. its a thing to try, if u want to, and its just one person's opinion.
yaya.. thats what i heard too.

but even if you 'season' your tire, it won't perform to its max potential, as it will degrade while you drive around it slowly. so for best performance is to shave it, shave off the top surface.

no i dunno how, and i think your shaving knife won't do. this applies to all racing slicks, dunno about normal tires but more or less the same lar.. IMH2centO

fritz

Jan 11, 2005
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Oh~...i changed duno wat chamber wen i change the tyre...like a big screw..coz he show me already senget..1 day already..still not stable..high speed on highway..feel the steering very very light..very dangerous..haih! i rather din change tyre b4...

TypicalGuy

Dec 29, 2004
most probably due to the tyre sidewall..maybe it's soft..so it flex during cornering....

what is the model of the rear wheel tyres?

try pump 240 kpa at the back or set the allignment to +0.5 left and right = +1.0

it helps..

EG9

fritz said:
Oh~...i changed duno wat chamber wen i change the tyre...like a big screw..coz he show me already senget..1 day already..still not stable..high speed on highway..feel the steering very very light..very dangerous..haih! i rather din change tyre b4...
The problem that you're facing is because of new tyre.
You have to season it for more than 200km.
It happen to me as well everytime I change the new tyres.
most probably this problem will last for more than 1 week.
Better drive carefully and don't whack on the corner 1st.

yolk

just drive down jb and back laaaa .... sure ok after that already ... hheheheheh ... wait a week and see how it is ...

cynicks

Feb 29, 2004
fritz said:
This could very well be the camber and new tyres not seasoned yet. both are important. Set the camber back.

fritz

Jan 11, 2005
www.mrbaoz.com.my
yolk: lead me to johor la..u will motivate me to heat up my tyres..haha...
Ok...thankz all sifu..i will c after 1 week how first..

sexycar

Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
maybe u sould bring your car to reputable alignment shops
like michelin in OKR or YS Khong in Taman Mayang for a full
car alignment setup with total camber, caster, alignment &
on wheel balancing tweakings... tell them your problem &
what kinda handling u want... I guarantee you will be satisfied.

Ray

Jan 26, 2004
re align the tyre and balance rear tyre....

fritz

Jan 11, 2005
www.mrbaoz.com.my
but they did alignment after they install the new tyres woh..?! blur..raining tht time..WORST!! today raining so heavily..my car cant pass a normal cornering at highway for more than 100...haih!