kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
helo,
i wanna ask about market price for installing a comp set and amp,
i saw at other forum ppl quote price for famouse shop like kklau or kf audio
which around RM1k just for installation include wiring and all those.
is tat expensive?

lutrix

Apr 4, 2006
1K? Holy Cow that very expensive...maybe they use very quality wire and computer setting for locate best point of installation of comp set?

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Last time I asked in Tmn Pekaka (penang), they quote me rm250 just to install amp at the boot. They say they do it nicely but wire must supply myself la....:emoticon_U:

Install comp set depends on complexity. for my iswara, if I did not remember wrongly, it was like rm25? :Not_Impressed: at costplus. they tebuk the door trim panel, put the mid there and put the tweeter on the dash. They also make me a spacer using left over speaker trim that they have lying around.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Simple installation got simple, complex one got complex. Anyway got 1 shop in Seremban quated me to 300 install comp set on my front door, with sound proof material. rm25 job is only drill a hole and put the speaker in, then you will have endless problem with rattling sound later on.
kangyong, you should ask the 2 shops you mentioned what they include, what wire used and so on. 1k for the installations is too expensive, unless they do alot fiber work on your car. Some shops only use the name to cut your throat. Is better you survey few shops first before conclusion is made. For wire, I think you use the wire like your home theater(Sony, Pioneer or Samsubg) one is good enough, if can you can get it on supermarket(slightly expensive) or eletric shop(cheapest). Some people might say the house wire cannot last long, but my car already use this type of wire for 6years and no problem at all.

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
okie . here is the estimate costing for installation from reputable installers within klang valley
a-pillar fiber - 150-200
mid component installation + fiber - 180-250
overall labour charge - 50-100 (if u take the one of the above)
cabling - Priceless.. is very much depending on what u pick ...
If u r using your own speaker + RCa, proper installation without sound proof is about 450-600.....

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
ya thx u all for the info, but i think i going for medium quality is enuf,
since my ICE was not good stuff afterall...
for the comp set, just wan to install in front panel by drill a hole,
for better quality, just add another sumthing like spacer to hold the mid, so at least in the future the mid won punch out la..haha
and for the amp, of course just put under the sit without mounting...
only for wiring and normal tuning.
total cost i can afford and accept is around 140 for all,
is tat possible?...i mean for medium quality not chapalang shop condition..hehe

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
cacin said:
Last time I asked in Tmn Pekaka (penang), they quote me rm250 just to install amp at the boot. They say they do it nicely but wire must supply myself la....:emoticon_U:

Install comp set depends on complexity. for my iswara, if I did not remember wrongly, it was like rm25? :Not_Impressed: at costplus. they tebuk the door trim panel, put the mid there and put the tweeter on the dash. They also make me a spacer using left over speaker trim that they have lying around.
so far the compset still ok?
the workmanship and quality?
ur door panel got any problem?
coz me also iswara..hehe

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
kangyoon20 said:
ya thx u all for the info, but i think i going for medium quality is enuf,
since my ICE was not good stuff afterall...
for the comp set, just wan to install in front panel by drill a hole,
for better quality, just add another sumthing like spacer to hold the mid, so at least in the future the mid won punch out la..haha
and for the amp, of course just put under the sit without mounting...
only for wiring and normal tuning.
total cost i can afford and accept is around 140 for all,
is tat possible?...i mean for medium quality not chapalang shop condition..hehe
If your car is Iswara, better you think twice on drilling the hole. Last time I do like this without proper sound proof, fiber work or whatever, end up with endless rattling sound come out from the door. But if you still want to go ahead, then I got no say, is my experience with my Iswara.
140 is enough, provided you are not using high end wire or RCA cables.

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
i think i wan go back hometown where my bro's iswara brought from an acc shop boss. wan ask him how to do liao....
tats iswara too which already more than 10 years old now
the door panel wif 2 mid installed was so good in condition so far...
and on the botton of the door panel was an additional piece of carpet stick on it,
inside the door panel got wat stuff i duno la...
and the whole car sound proof was damn nice,
i think u all know when inside a iswara u can hear ur engine sound so clear rite
my bro's iswara when u start the engine, u cant even "hear" the engine was started already or not.
and all the doors are so solid feeling,
but i bet all the stuff inside was high end thing coz that car was mody by acc shop boss....envy la...
hope the boss can give me best offer since is close wif my family..hehe
but wat i scared is johor price is a bit high compare like melaka or other state,
coz there r full wif Sing' rich ppl who come to seek cheap stuff,,....shit them!

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Maybe is a good idea for you too. Your bro's sound proofing material used I think total cost is 1k++..
If Johor is expensive then better you try other place..

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
If thinking of budget constraint, better forget about it. Unless you want to waste 200-300 for the sound proofing material, if not then put the speakers at rear, sound stage might not be as good as front like most of the members here say, but this is the only way to keep the rattling sound away from you.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
kangyoon20 said:
helo,
i wanna ask about market price for installing a comp set and amp,
i saw at other forum ppl quote price for famouse shop like kklau or kf audio
which around RM1k just for installation include wiring and all those.
is tat expensive?
this price may be true only for multiple amp set up, custom work in boot, maybe doing 3 way comp set with a-pillar and fibrework on doors, scoping, tuning, expensive cables, etc...or else never can go to 1k one. simple installation of amp & component can be as low as 50 per item only, cables separate price.

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
kyheng said:
If thinking of budget constraint, better forget about it. Unless you want to waste 200-300 for the sound proofing material, if not then put the speakers at rear, sound stage might not be as good as front like most of the members here say, but this is the only way to keep the rattling sound away from you.
arrr....too bad...
i think i'll go back the shop i bought the comp set to install the comp set and amp first
then later just go back johor and do the refine work.
or shud i straight head back to johor?
coz the shop in PJ is offer me free install for comp set
but it must be lousy quality la...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm planning to buy around 20 pcs, anyone know how much it cost? Will they sell just the valve cap?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience