Post your spring rates and suspension setup

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
Hey all , just wondering for your cars ff , fr , mr , rr or anything else... would be nice to share suspension ideas....for example what spring rates are u using for front and back and for what kinda car and power out put.....

in US for ff cars , they like to run high spring rates at the rear compared to the front like 7k/9k ...... to them it makes the car have a little oversteer but more to neutral feeling

but i belief on most japanese coilovers or springs , they mostly use higher rates on the front compared to the rear......

want to share ideas and opinion?

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
errr...if u haf higher spring rates at the rear, wouldnt tat make the car even more understeery...???.....

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
my fren....higher spring rate at the rear will create oversteer situation.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
errr....i dunno lorr.....tats y its a question mah......

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
what kind of suspension setup is on your cars right now? sway bars? etc?

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
DRFT_240sx said:
Hey all , just wondering for your cars ff , fr , mr , rr or anything else... would be nice to share suspension ideas....for example what spring rates are u using for front and back and for what kinda car and power out put.....

in US for ff cars , they like to run high spring rates at the rear compared to the front like 7k/9k ...... to them it makes the car have a little oversteer but more to neutral feeling

but i belief on most japanese coilovers or springs , they mostly use higher rates on the front compared to the rear......

want to share ideas and opinion?
US dun have those uneven road in malaysia...

even our north south highway also __/\_/\/\__/\__/\/\__==__

if rear stiffer than front, ur rear might too sensitive on bumpy road...

imagine halfway u cornering then got uneven road... :O

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
well thats a good point what what i meant is track setup. like the setup you used on the race track not on the general public road.

to be honest US roads aint that good either they have those places where suddenly u have a bump like kesas as well.thats why usually people swap the suspension out one day prior to race events and put on race suspensions.

so lets just not focus on public road driving and more to setup on tracks shall we?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Spring rates depend on what kinda tires and what type of suspension.

Strut type will have less spring rate than double wishbone system due to the ratio. This is because strut types are more direct acting compared to double wishbone suspension.

Highly grippy tyres will work the suspension more than lower grip tires.

BTW I run 6kg front n 4kg rear on my AE86.

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
sounds logical ....... for those rates your running sounds more like the rates they have on some coilover here for FF , weird......

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
i am running 4k on the rear and 4 k on the front...currently using TITAN on my car..and running on SIMEX 14"....

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
DRFT_240sx said:
sounds logical ....... for those rates your running sounds more like the rates they have on some coilover here for FF , weird......
My Dampers are TRD race dampers and the TRD spring are meant for high grip tyres. And since I'm on AD07 they work pretty well.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
kelisa6009 said:
i am running 4k on the rear and 4 k on the front...currently using TITAN on my car..and running on SIMEX 14"....
A Kelisa weight about 800kg all up. Running 4kg springs on all four corners on Simex tyres with short stroke dampers (on an already short-ish travel) sounds like you are pobably hardly getting any suspension movement.

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
hey faisal , seems like you race a lot to really know your suspension and tires well =)... do you join a lot of sanctioned events or weekend trackie?..... ;)

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
lol humble is good......

now my setup seems a bit odd then .on my weekend track car which is a FF crx ....... i have 8k/6k ......seems a bit stiff? i'm running on azenis on 14 inch wheels..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro,

why i can't listen to my fm radio clearly?... is there any booster? my car is normal satria.... do you think that i should change to gti antenna to get more clear?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience