Porsche Panamera: Why Porsche...Why?

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

There are some things in life that are not meant to be, like how man is not supposed to fly or think he’s a fish, or how you’re not supposed to cheat on your girlfriend with her sister, or how a reputable supercar maker is not supposed manufacture normal 4door cars. They are not supposed to do it, period. No reason, no nothing. They must not do it. Imagine a Ferrari 4 wheel-drive or a Lamborghini truck. NO!!

But every once in a while, you get people that do stuff they’re not supposed to, that’s how you get pregnant teenagers, pointless wars, or even 4door supercars. That last bit is annoying, very annoying, I have to get to the point, Porsche is producing a 4door saloon car and is going to be revealed next year or the year after. I can’t write this, it pains me, I love Porsche, I idolize them. I respect everything they stand for, everyday usable supercars. I don’t want to be waiting at the traffic lights and have some idiot pull up in a 4doored saloon with the iconic badge on it with power to match my GT2, Why did I get a Porsche in the first place if almost everyone can have one? I’d rather give my business to Ferrari or whoever. It doesn’t matter what size or shape or how many doors, or what it is intended to do or whatever corporate excuse they come up with (by the way, it’s still an excuse Porsche, you’re just greedy for the money), it’s just not right for them to do it. I hate the Cayenne, I don’t understand the point of a monster 4wd. What is it going to do on the highway? Pull me out of quicksand? Please!! I’m sure you get how annoyed I am by now, so once again; I have to do the painful thing and carry on writing this so I can give you the details, I just hope you understand my pain.

The Panamera’s styling is very 996 eras 911. The side window arc, the large elongated headlights, large taillights that stretch around the car’s side. It even has a bit of Cayman on it in the form of the hatchback style trunk lid. Some prototypes we saw, like the Panamera S, feature dual exhaust pipes and a retractable spoiler, like that on the Boxster or even the Cayman. Other prototypes didn’t have this; instead they had quad exhaust pipes and a larger wing, which led us to conclude that it might be the Panamera Turbo. The pictures also reveal plenty of headroom for the back passengers but very little legroom, very sad indeed. The interior is typical Porsche with their typical gauge cluster and is highlighted by a center mounted LCD screens. Expect the engine variants to be similar to that of the Cayanne SUV.

I cant believe they are actually building this thing, to be honest with you, I heard about it months ago but never wanted to face it. Now I have to, and I have to say, you f**ked it all up Porsche, your new baby is ugly and its pointless. There goes my respect for the brand; it’s desirability, and the pure honest down to earth way it made a shame out of other supercar makers.

Maybe I’m being too judgmental, but I still don’t agree to a 4door supercar. It’s not a supercar anymore, it’s a saloon. And to all you who can afford to buy this car, please don’t, get something else like a Ferrari or Lamborghini or even a Lotus, at least you wont have to deal with a chauffeur driven car of the same brand pulling up next to you. Well, that’s my opinion anyway; you’re free to have yours.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I'm with cashy on this one. This Pananameramera and the Cayenne (still one of the ugliest cars ever) are how do you say...ugghh...

chuakz

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
lamborghinis used to be tractors you know that do you? and they made an suv...you should know that too...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The LM002 was a bit of an anomaly. It was basically the result of a failed military project. The Ities needed a military truck, Lamborghini was one of the guys bidding for the project and they came up with the LM002. After it got canned, they decided to turn it into a civilian SUV to get back some money.

Anyway, the idea cashy is trying to put across is that making cars like SUVs and 4 door saloons sully the bloodline, the breed, the pedigree of thoroughbred stables like Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari. To argue that Lambo used to make tractors and SUVs (which is a fact of course) is besides the point.

ariel

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2005
Is it FR or RR for this Panamera?

rusifiz

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
kl-sban
www.fgsn9.com
looks OK from the front
but doesn't look right from the side or the rear angle...
just my 2 cents..

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
lamborghinis used to be tractors you know that do you? and they made an suv...you should know that too...
i like the intelligence and i appreciate the support but i believe the word here is.. still does make tractors instead of "used to be tractors".. im sure of that.. thats why people trust me with this job.. my point is exactly how silverfish puts it to be.. and about the SUV.. Silverfish has already explained it for me..

Thanks Silverfish..

and thanks for the comments.. cheers.. :burnout:

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
i believe major supercar maker's have been losing their dignity nowadays... the first time i saw a porsche cayyene.. i said wtf!!! and today we hv this porsche panamera... it's a very2 sad view.. it's like watching young girls today losing their virginity. it's fun (somehow), but it doesn't do any good.

btw, porsche hasn't been pure since day 1. they came from a vw beetle which doesnt really help in building a prestigious supercar family heriarchy...

ferrari had gone science mad...
lamborghini has gone a bit softer... (but thank god there's reventon)

miss the old days when supercars are really... supercars

(mind u abt the petronas supercar craze, none of the car's are actually SUPER. Petronas!!! Duuhhh!!!!)

doppelganger

Known Member
May 5, 2006
bump:D
OMG!!..my nightmare has been answered...Another ugly sister to join the Cayenne family blood...huhuhu

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
i like the intelligence and i appreciate the support but i believe the word here is.. still does make tractors instead of "used to be tractors".. im sure of that.. thats why people trust me with this job.. my point is exactly how silverfish puts it to be.. and about the SUV.. Silverfish has already explained it for me..

Thanks Silverfish..

and thanks for the comments.. cheers.. :burnout:
Not a problem. I like it when there's at least some sort of discussion going on backed by proper thoughts or facts, whether it be in agreement or disagreement. Instead of the brain farts and casual remarks we get here most of the time; It's either "OMFG I love it!" or "KNNCCB I hate it!", the end, kind of comments. Pathetic.

BTW, Your posts are pretty good. Keep it up mate.

scorza

Known Member
Aug 17, 2004
hahahah...this is why i dont like Porsche. they make crappy designs. now they make some weird looking car. Ferrari always looks better. the real sports car is Ferrari. hehe:thefinger:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
seems like car nowadays are getting "mix-breeding"....cross over this and that....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any of u guys encounter such prob? where your aircon doesn't seems to be cold when the car's stationary.. but when the car's moving.. itz darn cold like fridge?

any idea whatz the prob? cannot be run out of gas ah.. coz if out of gas.. it wouldn't be cold when the car's moving.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience