Polymer Sealant VS wax?

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
Can you explain abit about this ?

what is elbow grease .. where can I get it.

do I apply on top of scracth X ? or before applyign scratch x ?

whats the benefits ?

one other thing can I apply scract x using the orbital polisher by black & decker ?

or would it just add more harm ?

thanks
Albow grease?? is on ur hand bro, no need to purchase it. once you finish you elbow will feel pain and tired. it is just mean ur stamina or elbow power. That's all.

Before apply scratch must clean the car first, after apply scratch can top up with any types of preferred wax or sealent.

"New fomula" Scratch X (which is more liquid) can be use on machine.

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
hehehe.....yeah...sebastian explained about elbow grease....its a metaphor :)

just put a layer of ur prefered choice of wax after u've applied scratchx on the surface.

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
hey guys, i've tried scratchX last week. then immediately after that, i applied a lyer of soft99 wax. i din wait too long for scratchX to dry. coz it was very hard to remove if scratchx has gone completely dry.

i applied some on a spot, then rub for a few minutes. wait for it to dry a bit, then remove. then soft99 wax.

after a week. the fine scratches are still not very much visible.

was thinking abt buying meguair's 3 step system. step 2 & 3 cost $45 each. dunno worth it or not. but one things for sure, applying 3 layers on the same spot same day beats going to the gym

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
instead of trying deep crystal 3 steps system, you can also try color X which is combine of cleaner, polish and wax. It is an one step product.

Can save some times and elbow grease. hehe..

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
anyone actually tried kit wax? i tried it on another car b4 (silver) it was a paste wax for paint work that is 2+ years.

put it on, and i remember that the water beading lasts around 6 months. but i dunno how it performs on eliminating the scratches since the car i worked on was silver

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
the deep crystal 3 step system is good. but since you have the scratchX i don't think u need the paint cleaner. but i use the paint cleaner though :P to remove beneath surface defects.

as for the DC step 2 pure polish......personally i prefer Meguiar's #7 show car glaze better. as for step 3 wax, i prefer #20 polymer sealant or NXT tech wax.

but none the less...the DC set is still good. maybe u can give it a try.

hehehe im glad you enjoyed using some elbow grease.....i find it a great work out :) kill 2 birds with one stone. maintain my car and get to work out my arms as well :P

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Has anybody tried Soft 99 BLACK wax? is it any good for black coloured cars?

passangersit

Mar 4, 2007
hey the PG polymer sealant will go well after using the PG Clay..
the PG clay smoothen up the surface first before u apply the sealant.

I am not too sure whether i doing it correctly or not.
After washing the car, dry the car with those yellow cloth that hardens after left for a while.

Then a small bucket with clay do by section, start with bonet. Then with the area a little wet apply sealant, leave it for a while then wipe it dry. Quite satisfied with it.

If there is other bettew way please advice.

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
ur doing it correctly buddy. the reason why u notice that after claying ur surface is very smooth because the clay removes any above paint surface defects like road tar, dead bugs, etc.

Vagabond, as i've mentioned...if the wax is good it'll look good on any paint colour because ur actually waxing ur clear coat...not ur base coat. so don't be tricked by those marketting gimmicks saying it works best on a specific colour....unless....ur car paint does not have clear coat, which is usually the case for older cars, as they use hard enamel paint.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Xtorm sifu

which brands of clay bar u are using now? did u polish n wax nicely after that?

so far i have bought the following for my coming sunday morning exercise:

Perma Glass Clay Bar for dark color
Perma Glass Cloth for washing
Perma Glass Cloth for Polishing
Perma Glass Cloth for Waxing
Gold Class™ Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
Deep Crystal® System Paint Cleaner
Deep Crystal® System Polish
Deep Crystal® System Carnauba Wax
Gold Class™ Liquid Wax
ScratchX®
Gold Class™ Bug & Tar Remover
NXT Generation® Speed Detailer™
Car Odor Eliminator

Last edited:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
If budget allow, go for MG professional series M21...u will love it i tell you...:nurse:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Xtorm sifu

which brands of clay bar u are using now? did u polish n wax nicely after that?

so far i have bought the following for my coming sunday morning exercise:

Perma Glass Clay Bar for dark color
Perma Glass Cloth for washing
Perma Glass Cloth for Polishing
Perma Glass Cloth for Waxing
Gold Class™ Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
Deep Crystal® System Paint Cleaner
Deep Crystal® System Polish
Deep Crystal® System Carnauba Wax
Gold Class™ Liquid Wax
ScratchX®
Gold Class™ Bug & Tar Remover
NXT Generation® Speed Detailer™
Car Odor Eliminator
all MG stuff but kain why not use MG one ?? that's one of the important item man...:confused:

i did the claying too...duno y it bcomes rough...haih
rough ? after claying izzit? izzit after wax strip off ??

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For a car with its girth and horsepower, Isaac Newton himself would testify that the 2012 Nissan GT-R shouldn’t be able to do the century sprint in three seconds flat but the supercar slayer does just that and just to drive the point home, gets it captured on video.

Weighing in at just over 1,700kg and packing a 530hp with 607Nm of torque punch, it would be insane to dismiss it as nothing spectacular but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience