2012 GT-R does the century sprint with launch control w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

For a car with its girth and horsepower, Isaac Newton himself would testify that the 2012 Nissan GT-R shouldn’t be able to do the century sprint in three seconds flat but the supercar slayer does just that and just to drive the point home, gets it captured on video.

Weighing in at just over 1,700kg and packing a 530hp with 607Nm of torque punch, it would be insane to dismiss it as nothing spectacular but for it to hit 100km/h from a standstill in just 3 seconds flat is quite an accomplishment, especially considering that the upcoming Lamborghini Aventador, with its 700hp V12, seven-speed dual shaft gearbox and loads of carbon fiber does the same in just 2.9 seconds.

The GT-R achieves this with the assistance of its launch control function, officially known as the R-Mode Start function. While we’re sure that the transmission and warranty jokes will undoubtedly follow, courtesy of the first generation’s grenading gearboxes, it doesn’t dampen this accomplishment one bit.

So just sit back and watch the video of the 2012 GT-R hitting the century in 3 seconds flat, courtesy of the launch control.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3YaV-zjswFI" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Source: YouTube via WorldCarFans

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i wonder why they just didnt release uprated gearbox on those latest version gtr.....instead of playing with joker's warranty :hmmm:

Areoulz

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
Having this GTR and there's bunch of 'R' button and U not supposed to touch it? Hell I'm soo gonna push it..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey anybody experienced exedy's button type clutch?

I am planning to put one in my 1.3 saga blm...

Any comments about that clutch?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience