Polymer Sealant VS wax?

unconsistent_fast

Dec 7, 2003
I'm looking for a wax with the 3 criteria's below:

1) To be applied only once a month.... or longer.
2) Very shiny, compliments black cars.
3) Can withstand multiple washes without having to rewax.

Any suggestions?
Sealants is better than wax, I have tried both and found sealants can last me longer, n more shiny then wax. Products that I tried r Turtle Wax Platinium and PG Sealants.

Merce

Jul 26, 2007
teflon will not work unless u can manage to baked ya car up to 600 fahranheit for the teflon to bond to the paint.

Only if u want to make a frying pan out of you car :p

For auto paint, they use the polarized system. Its the alternatif way to coat teflon on painted surface.

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
detomaso,

where did u buy ur 3M car wash from?? i'm using it as well...and i love it. no suds....and doesnt strip the wax off ur paint.

my current favourite wax right now is the Meguiar's M20 polymer sealant follow by the Meguiar's NXT Tech wax. and i always layer 3M perfect-it carnauba wax on top of the synthetic wax for tat extra gloss.

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
that one i buy it from my taiwanese dealer. kinda expensive tho. but since my fren who own a paint shop recommended me to use 3m so i try la. but that one only for customer who can affort expensive polishing service. for budget user i just use taiwan brand. HELLO!! rm80 for polish 3layer is quite cheap ok!! hehe

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
my black metalic colour aledi down....i juz sprayed the black metalic 1.5 year oni....now the colour starting down~!!!
wat should i use?
can recommend me anywhere to buy?

or i should spent more to let ppl polish it?

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
use clay, polish & wax.

can buy Meguiars quick clay, colorX, nxt wax at ACE Hardware in Midvalley/ikano, eneos 1 utama/metroprima, there is variety of choises. You can also go ioi mall for PG clay and sealant since you are in puchong. There is promotions at foodcourt there if i'm not mistaken.

If the color really very down(cannot remove by hand polish), you should go for professional detailer to restore it because it require machine to restore the gloss.

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
use clay, polish & wax.

can buy Meguiars quick clay, colorX, nxt wax at ACE Hardware in Midvalley/ikano, eneos 1 utama/metroprima, there is variety of choises. You can also go ioi mall for PG clay and sealant since you are in puchong. There is promotions at foodcourt there if i'm not mistaken.

If the color really very down(cannot remove by hand polish), you should go for professional detailer to restore it because it require machine to restore the gloss.
haha....bro u noe im puchong ppl ah....haha....im jusco promoter few year ago....
i tink i will copy all brand tat u prefer go to summit USJ ACE shop...
should i....done the polish and was sekali gus?
i means tat is....i finish polish den wax again.....
my colour not so down....my paint juz 1.5 year oni....and bcoz i always go sungai wang...many oil lekat in my car paint....so now my car paint not smooth anymore.....

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
If car paint not smooth you should try clay, is very nice and you can feel the different. It can remove road tar, and dirt which stick on ur paint surface.

Start with car wash, leave it wet and clay the whole car.

After clay wash ur car again.

After second wash you dry your car and start with polish.

lastly you finish up with wax.

You can go meguiars Meguiar's Malaysia Car Care Forum :: View topic - Meguiar's 5 Step Paint Care Cycle

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
ei bro....near puchong tesco there...got 1 fellar wana sell me a type of polish + wax.... cost RM80...
isaw my fren reali work......
anyways...i tink ur 5 steps more useful~

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
i never heard that b4, maybe you can borrow some from your fren to try it out first.

That's not my 5 steps lar, is origin from Meguiars forum.

I not doing all 5 steps everytime i detail. Sometimes just wash and polish+wax.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda Malaysia: Buy New Civic-R and win a trip to Japanese F1 GP Suzuka

Honda Malaysia's just announced a campaign aimed at rewarding customers who purchase and register their All-New Civic Type R between April 2018 and June 2018 where they will stand a chance to win...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience