PLanning to buy Ford Lynx 1.8 (1995)... Please Guide Me

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
hey people,

im planning to buy a ford lynx 1.8 (1995) car... its the one with round lights, hatch-back and two passenger door... can you tell me some details about it?

1) reliability
2) fuel comsuption
3) handling

i love the shape, but i wanna know is it wise for me to buy it... scared got alot of problems

Thank you

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
the car is damn nice...
sporty and very powerful....
1.8 dohc wor..

problem wise... stock car i dont think there is much problem..

reliability... better than alot of cars i guess.. when i was driving a stock ford... the car is comfy..very good handling also and fuel consumption depends on ur right foot... drive nicely wont makan minyak 1.... i think u wont have regret buying it..

but need those who drive a stock lynx tx3 to comment on it..

but...the car shape... is damn nice... i also like it..

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
so far everyone said the car's really good...
i most 70% gonna get this car edi, but are the parts hard to find and expensive?

i wanna trick-out this car, what kinda stuff should i install to make the performance better in terms of HP as well as FC?

do suggest ways i can start up my project, what air-filters, exhaust systems, what engines, suspension kits, etc...

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
hello...

actually i'm driving this car...year 95 as well.
if u want to talk about the reliability and power...this is the one that won't regret u. The fc not much la...its depends on how u drive the car of course.
Currently mine is about 60km/RM10... some parts expensive but some parts cheap... so if u plan to buy this car, go on beb...atleast i got fren drive a same car..hahahahahaha...

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
alrite~! finally found a fren wif the same gearhead as mine~!

its so hard to find ppl who still driving this car...

im actually from subang... can u suggest any good places whr i can service and maintain this car? dun wanna jst send it to any mat-motor shop, wanna reali jaga this car...

any ideas on how to improve a stock engine? for the time bein... jst for HP and FC only...

thanks

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
actually i always send my car to 1 w/shop at
salak selatan...its to my place coz i stay in bdr sri permaisuri.i knew this guy from one of the forumer also..
this foremen got experience with ford and B8 as well...
if u want to go, i can introduce u to this guy..name Bad.

hmm...actually i also just planing to upgrade my stock engine.
i asked opinion from this forum also.
u can check it under title, "Lynx modification"
from there u can see a lot of sifu outside there support me and share their experience with me. good luck

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
thanks bro...

so u strongly support me buying this car izit?

it sounds all good... but are there anymore ford experts in this forum i can refer this topic to? wanna get as many opinions as possible, coz i plan to keep this baby for a long term project...

please give ur opinions people~! i really appreciate the effort so far

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
there is 1 guy driving a yellow tx3 with b8 180 inside ma....

if u join b8's tt u might be able to meet him also...

hehe

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
hahha...

im such a small fish... i dunno anything abt modding fords... this is my first ford ride and i haven't even bought it yet... how to join u guys for tt la?

do give me as many opinions abt this car as possible, i wanna know wut everyone thinks before i finally buy it~! dun tell me only 1 guy in this whl forum has this car... is it really so uncommon?

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
hey romeo, basic maintenance for this car expensive onot? im not rich, just average income, would be a great burden to upkeep this car?

CALLING FORD LYNX TX3 1.8 DRIVERS, PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE...

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
no lah...
if just for basic maintenance its only cost me around RM100/month.
- ori oil filter = RM15
- eng oil = RM 75 (depends what kind of oil u r using)

others..
-timing belt + bearing + labour = apprx RM 300++

for me, this car got no problem with the engine and the body/chasis.
since i drive this car, i've never face a problem with the engine...
just that the suspension and the bushes...(old car) biase la...:regular_smile:

BTW, how much u get the car? whats the market price now?

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
wut's the prob with the suspension? if i were to change to an adjustable kit would it fix the problem? it'l b the first thing i'll change in terms of body works...

how much did it cost u to do ur suspension n bushes?

im getting the car at 18K++... the market value is about 22K i think...

Last edited:

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
of course la...old car maa..
the suspension and bushes need to change already..
after change all this "sendi-sendi punye barang" sure got no problem any more.. i'm the 2nd owner for this car, so i think maybe the 1st owner never change it (lady owner...faham2 la) hehehehehe....

i think for adjustable its cost u around RM1K++ la...depends on what brand and type la.. the bushing i think it will cost few hundreds la for all bushing(front+rear+engine mounting+suspension)

hwwaa....so cheap ar this car now?? seems like i have to drive this car until the end lor....hahahahhahahaa....
last time i bought this car RM37K ooo.....

I'm planing to send my car for customize the body kits end of this month...
its very hard to find a body kits for this car...seriously.

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
ya... gonna invest in a good set of suspensions... my friend helping me source out.. its about 1.5k

actually market price for this car is 25K... but im getting it from a contact, a close friend, so he's selling it to be dirt cheap...

where u customizing ur car? do let me know d price, i might want to do a bodykit oso after i buy rims...

btw, which size rims is best? 16" or 17"?

sargon

Jun 24, 2006
i use these car 2 years .for perfomance and engine maintainece it,s ok.but u must be careful to uy bodyparts. it,s expensive. u want to know how much the frontlamp price... the new one is rm1400 the chop shop i found is rm900.last time i change my window its rm250 at back only one.isuggest u to use safc and u will feel different.and the fuel can save...i tri rm20 from bukit damansara to alor gajah.my speed aroun 90-100 kmh.get one la if they sell cheap.better than u buy one satria 1.3 same price right...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was game time, and only the cream of the crop were back to set aside the men from the boys. Bringing you’re A-game was mandatory, and boy did they bring it. The time to step up and be counted was finally upon them and based on the time sheets, every single driver was up for the count as Zerotohundred.com’s Time to Attack: Sepang, The...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience