Buying a RX-2. Need help.

greenmachine

May 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
acoustic-engine.tk
Hello everyone. My name is Ashraf and I'm planning to get a RX-2 (That's if my dad is up for it). I'm still a student but currently the only thing I know is about VolksWagen as I drive one (Not to say I really know, but still learning). I was just wondering what I need to look out for especially when buying an old car like the RX-2. Engine condition?. Body condition?. The other thing is, what could I do to the car to make it look smarter (Body kit, engine, piping, exhaust etc) and where?. Please help. Thanks. :D

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
When buying an old car, such as the RX-2 first thing you will need is a deep bank account...
Sourcing for parts would not be easy and it will cost you for original parts... Australia would be one of them places where you can source parts from...
1. Check the body for rust, as the car is over 20 years, rust spots are normal especially around the door sills, A-Pillar, B-Pillar and on the bonnet... Another place would be the bottom door sill... You can opt to cut them out and replace them with fabricated metal but that would cost a lot of money just for the prepping work itself.
2. Engine would not be a big issue as you can transplant other rotary engines into the RX-2 which run's the similiar engine's as the RX-7's. Rough estimation on the transplant can cost from RM4K and above, depending on your preference...

My advice would be for you to do research on the net before jumping into your project...

There's a thread in here about a guy with a RX-3 project... Check it out...

CHEERS

morningstalker

Known Member
Dec 4, 2004
it is easier to find a piston engine cappella with a good body and change it into a mazda RX-2.
i am saying this because it it easier to find a dirt cheep cappella then to find a RX-2.
i have seen only 1 RX-2 in M'sia in my whole life.
i think you can get a cappella for about few hundred or if you are lucky free.

greenmachine

May 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
acoustic-engine.tk
Very true.....

Thanks guys for the help. Maybe I should consider learning about the car first before actually buying it. The dude wants to sell it for 21K however I've not asked my dad yet cause he has project cars of his own...mostly made up of VolksWagens. By the way....what is a Capella?.....

morningstalker

Known Member
Dec 4, 2004
cappella is a car with the same body of RX-2 but with piston engine and different lights.
by the way who wants to sell it for 21K??

ToyotaSECA

Known Member
Feb 27, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Rx2

Hi! Free bump to you for your taste.
Could you please post some photo of the RX2.
Seen one unit in red ...very good condition RX3 in Penang.
Somewhere Makro....
Damn nice.

Penangmali

Levin92

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Info
time:sunday morning 3am-6am
loc:tmn mutiara rini jb
exterior=full L2 bodypart+14inc advan rim+front icooler+cibie spotlite
interior=trxx seat+l5 dashboard+afc neo+apexi timer

call owner 010 438 4154/013 272 5534
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience