Piggyback Harnesses for Blacktop 20v

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
haha, me cannot la...juz once a while&go there in the morning bout 10-11am,dont want to be in a long queue...but maybe later I'll try to go there after working hours...they tell that time is more happening....ok, back to the topic...I know haltech, motec,microtech sounds 'expensive' and fancy brands and also more complex to tuned...what bout a intermediate and common brands like EM,unichip etc...can these intermediate brand with a good tuner 'outrun' these all tech?

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
category:-
- standalone @ Motec, Haltech (except Interceptor), Microtech
- piggyback @ EM blue or ultimate, Unichip, Haltech Interceptor

value for money coz you might already spend on the hardware parts, save a bit more and go for standalone...:biggrin:

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
Had no dreams to opt those standalone la...mine standard cipan one la, no wiseco, cp, tp, toda or toyol whatsoever...if using standalone,it must comes with aftermarket parts,engine balancing,p&p etc, baru syiok, right?me want to syiok syiok sendiri saja, not into serious business i.e take part into SNF, drag battle etc...juz wanna see what's the limit of the stock engine, how far&fast can it go:burnout:

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
general note..
'what i do is to gain my own experiance & satisfaction & sharing too..' modd not mean to SNF, drag or whatsover..just sometimes have fun time with friends..

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
haha, me cannot la...juz once a while&go there in the morning bout 10-11am,dont want to be in a long queue...but maybe later I'll try to go there after working hours...they tell that time is more happening....ok, back to the topic...I know haltech, motec,microtech sounds 'expensive' and fancy brands and also more complex to tuned...what bout a intermediate and common brands like EM,unichip etc...can these intermediate brand with a good tuner 'outrun' these all tech?
I would say there is nothing the tuner can do if the hardware (ecu) is limiting what he can do.And this is true for stock ecu + piggynack for N/A engines,mostly Toyotas.If given the choice,i prefer tune stand alone,even to its harder to tune,but it listens to my need,i wont be frustrated..with those limitations on the factory ecu,makes it less tunable compare to stand alone.Hence usually,the output is less.But now piggyback is getting more high tech,i'm sure someday it will produce same result with stand alone,if not better..

Actually the cost of making piggyback is more expensive than simple standalone (Haltech guys told me),because piggyback need to 'talk' same language with the factory ecu,and developing this 'language' takes considerable amount of r&d.

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
general note..
'what i do is to gain my own experiance & satisfaction & sharing too..' modd not mean to SNF, drag or whatsover..just sometimes have fun time with friends..
yup, agree..the high end parts surely only can afford to those who has a very deep pocket...mild mod to a layman like me, still bearable...juz wanna make a bit 'different' from the factory spec in terms of performance...that's already enough for now but in the future, dont know where l'm heading to...maybe after u poison me kaw kaw then l'll go into THE DARKSIDE OF MODIFICATIONS:evil:

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I would say there is nothing the tuner can do if the hardware (ecu) is limiting what he can do.And this is true for stock ecu + piggynack for N/A engines,mostly Toyotas.If given the choice,i prefer tune stand alone,even to its harder to tune,but it listens to my need,i wont be frustrated..with those limitations on the factory ecu,makes it less tunable compare to stand alone.Hence usually,the output is less.But now piggyback is getting more high tech,i'm sure someday it will produce same result with stand alone,if not better..

Actually the cost of making piggyback is more expensive than simple standalone (Haltech guys told me),because piggyback need to 'talk' same language with the factory ecu,and developing this 'language' takes considerable amount of r&d.
seems standalone offers a lot of fun coz it can be customize to our preferences but it must be bundled with the aftermarket parts and the aftermarket parts is the 'hardest' part...but here in northern region, not many people can tune those gadgets and that's make a headache...if there is a lot of reputable tuner down here as in klang valley,it would be other way around,means hassle free and no need to go far to tune..but for the meantime,l think the nearest is in penang...but anyway, piggyback or standalone, mild or harcore mods, all the things should be done stage by stage unless money is not an issue

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
bros, my thread is asking about the right harnesses. How come it turns out to be a chatting thread???

six060six

Known Member
Jun 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Where is acai's located... I wanna go there to lepaks

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

What about hks v-pro? Better than haltech or what?

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
anyway, i've got all the things i need. Now waiting to install it and get it tuned. hehehe.. Thanks for the useful feedbacks!

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Where is acai's located... I wanna go there to lepaks

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

What about hks v-pro? Better than haltech or what?
Vpro is good but tuners are not many,vpro and haltech is different,so haltech is better is some ways

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Will MyVi 1.0 engine with bolt on turbo (GSR turbine) works?
Just want to know..my friend did this [see picture for detail]
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience