Piggyback/Standalone

500 RPM
Jul 17, 2006
Hi guys,

question I need answers to:

i) whats the difference between standalone and piggyback ecu?
ii) i got 2 friends who told me the e-manage blue keeps giving problem(i.e: ecu reset sometimes)
maybe their ecu die liao, dunno la. anyone else encounter this prob?

and members who are using these, pls share the model of PB/SA ecu you guys are using and the pros n cons of it for all our benefit?

thx !

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Hi guys,

question I need answers to:

i) whats the difference between standalone and piggyback ecu?
ii) i got 2 friends who told me the e-manage blue keeps giving problem(i.e: ecu reset sometimes)
maybe their ecu die liao, dunno la. anyone else encounter this prob?

and members who are using these, pls share the model of PB/SA ecu you guys are using and the pros n cons of it for all our benefit?

thx !
If the ecu 'reset',then reset back the ecu

500 RPM
Jul 17, 2006
hi cusco, sorry im really new in modifications world.. so i was wondering... its that easy to set the ecu? the way u say it is like pressing a button only lol.

just wanna do more research on ecu before deciding which one to get

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi cusco, sorry im really new in modifications world.. so i was wondering... its that easy to set the ecu? the way u say it is like pressing a button only lol.

just wanna do more research on ecu before deciding which one to get
Normally reset ECU is plug out Battery for few minute, then plug it back. But cusco bro way of reset the ECU, i not sure.

Standalone always far better than piggyback. This only I know.

500 RPM
Jul 17, 2006
hi bro ae75, mind to share what model u using and any complaints etc?

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I've been using E-manage Blue for about 2 years now... no problems so far and never experience 'reset' issue as well. Almost all of the E-manage users I've known never complained so far as well. So I think it depends on the tuner and if you have the ignition harness to go with or not.

The main difference between SA vs PB is definitely the cost and functions. For stock engine (even with light mods), PB should be sufficient. Also, PB is more suitable for daily driven whereas SA is for heavy mods and best suited for track application. Tuning the SA is also rather complicated and time consuming, not to mention countless times revisiting the tuner/dyno over again to get the perfect tuning.

I'm just posting the basics here... hope you got the idea ;)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
emanage doesnt reset itself, unless u accidentally bought a fake emanage

weve used stand alone on many road cars, and many of them are still roaming around, no problem.. get a good wireman to install them, and a good tuner to tune it up. i highly suggest millennium motorsports asia for both jobs

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car is vios 07..i wanna to change a sport air filter..but the the ori air filter got a sorket..so im not sure can it change or not..
the air filter that i wan to change is in the photo...

can the sensor take out from the ori intake pipping??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience