Perodua Nautica... The ideal 4wd?

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
Hey guys

as we all know, perodua have just recently launched their latest addition to their line of [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]compact [/FONT][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]cars[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]... only this time it isnt really compact...

But of course comparisons will be drawn between the toyota rush and the perodua [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nautica[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] but what do you guys think?

i know some people who are planning to get something within that price range..

RM90k....

Pros and cons anybody?

i personally feel that this is a decent and pretty bold step for perodua to have taken. Breaking out of their cheap compact car category and coming up with something slightly more upmarket... IMHO...

Wadaya think?
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-5634239705154550";google_ad_width = 300;google_ad_height = 250;google_ad_format = "300x250_as";google_ad_type = "image";//2007-09-12: '(00) In Post Defaultgoogle_ad_channel = "0261802941";google_color_border = "fafafa";google_color_bg = "fafafa";google_color_link = "003366";google_color_text = "000000";google_color_url = "666666";//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

Last edited:

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
In Japan this is a pretty outdated model i think, for RM90K might as well save your cash n get a Mitsu Triton since you already opt for a 4wd,might as well get something solid that can do real off-road if you fancy one. Otherwise, i don see the point of driving a underpower 4wd around time, the fc is not good n in long term wise its too costly the fc..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
its a stupid price tag for a local brand... i would have better bought a rush rather than nautica.....

4wd??... yes, all time 4wd.... if u really wannna do true offroad, get land cruiser...

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
Yea it is a variant of the Terios in Japan... But heck, the Rush was only just launched here... almost all our cars are outdated compared to their launch dates in japan..sometimes singapore etc...

But that aside...

If u looking at a triton..thats a different category already right..
The nautica is definitely a better urban/city commute than the triton...considering its mass and all... but of course the triton will outdo to the nautica off road... but honestly, no ones tried it yet so whos to say?

but i agree that the triton is the tougher car... but at the price of its size and weight...

and the tritons fuel consumption isnt say fantastic either... unless u referring to the diesel variant...at least i think theres a diesel version of the triton.

i need more feedback here before my mind is made up...

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
Skywalker..

But the Nautica is a Toyota!! just rebadged as a perodua...

And im sure u know..

The nautica is assembled in Japan...rebadged in malaysia.

The Rush is assembled in Indonesia...

This doesnt mean either one is of lower quality right?

Landcruisers are of totally different class of vehicles la...
But the perodua was never made to be an all out 4wd...its a urban/city commute as well... considering its size, i think its more ideal than the Landcruiser right?

I've test driven one and i must admit..i was skeptical at first, but its a pretty decent car... spacious inside as well...

But im still weighing the pros and cons la...

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Dougster

Actually all go back to your preference, for RM90k u can choose Triton or Nautica. Triton is more high tech n toughness as well as its overall worthiness beside the fc issue. Nautica is no where near Triton.

ashabmy

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
Labuan
www.cardomain.com
Another re-badged Daihatsu/Toyota.. when will Perodua grow-up??

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
hey, perodua's making money.

who are we to argue with success ?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Another re-badged Daihatsu/Toyota.. when will Perodua grow-up??

lol, re-badge is called BUSINESS
its wht gives quality products
toyota/daihatsu R&D compared to PR***N ?
im driving a wira, isnt that a rebadged lancer ?
isnt satria a rebadged cyborg ?
isnt saga a rebadged fiore ?
but yeah , proton has already made their own models
please do compare the cars with a toyota nissan or such

bare in mind , chevrolet, daewoo , suzuki , opel , skoda , daihatsu , toyota's have all rebadged one or the other of their models around the world. its called SMART , its called business and in the end consumers still get quality products

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what is the best brake pad for the evo 2 port caliper i am driving wira 1.8 auto recently i change to evo 2 port disc and caliper this morning i check the disc temp is over 250c over how many i dunno cause my temp checker only reach 250c only please give some advice
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience