Performance worsen after installing aftermarket air filter

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ur rocker cover inside will contaminated by dust/dirt also if ur engine breather system still stock connected to air box.
thus ur engine oil will contaminated because of the oil recirculating/flow from head back to oil pan.
Ah.. I thought of that sometime ago. Breather connected to a mini filter, PCV connected to OCT so there isn't any circulation?

Anyway, we're going off topic already.

In highly basic terms - For a car to have power it must have :

1. Air (oxygen)
2. Spark
3. Fuel
4. Complete combustion
5. Good scavenging from exhaust

If any one of these items change the others must change as well to accomodate the increase in #1 (from the air filter). If everything else stays the same you'll just run lean (possibly) or just get poorer combustion. So if your ECU is not adaptive it will not register the extra air until some adjustment is made in the fueling correct?

Does anyone know what sort of ECU is the Viva using?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
err... need OCT aaa? mine didn't connect to anything since convert to open pod + custom pipe...

just let the pcv hose pointing downward je
Ah.. I thought of that sometime ago. Breather connected to a mini filter, PCV connected to OCT so there isn't any circulation?

1. Air (oxygen)
2. Spark
3. Fuel
4. Complete combustion

If any one of these items change the others must change as well to accomodate the increase in #1 (from the air filter). If everything else stays the same you'll just run lean (possibly) or just get poorer combustion. So if your ECU is not adaptive it will not register the extra air until some adjustment is made in the fueling correct?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com

1. Air (oxygen)
2. Spark
3. Fuel
4. Complete combustion

ur oct connected back to manifold? if yes then no problem.. gases/pressure will be sucked back into combustion.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

err... need OCT aaa? mine didn't connect to anything since convert to open pod + custom pipe...

just let the pcv hose pointing downward je
the other port on rocker cover still connected to manifold? if yes then ur rocker cover inside/head will get dirty becoz unfiltered air sucked thru the open hose.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
the other port on rocker cover still connected to manifold? if yes then ur rocker cover inside/head will get dirty becoz unfiltered air sucked thru the open hose.
I believe your right

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
I believe your right
i thought u wanna post opened head cover.. heehe :biggrin:

for turbo i opt for installing OCT between rocker n air filter pipe.

reason, when u boost, air sucked thru air filter pipe is more than manifold. (actually manifold already pressurize, there's a check valve between head n manifold hose to prevent boost flow to head n crank case, but allowing gases to sucked thru manifold below boost (vacuum))

for NA, OCT between head n manifold. vacuum in manifold will sucked gasses/blow-by thru the hose.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Hahaha... just want to show my opened opened rocker port... when viewing it back, I forgot the one that have the check valve :biggrin:

maybe that's why daihatsu route the port thru the blow off valve so better to expel blow by gas? :hmmmm:

for turbo i opt for installing OCT between rocker n air filter pipe.

reason, when u boost, air sucked thru air filter pipe is more than manifold

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Hahaha... just want to show my opened opened rocker port... when viewing it back, I forgot the one that have the check valve :biggrin:

maybe that's why daihatsu route the port thru the blow off valve so better to expel blow by gas? :hmmmm:
haha..
maybe, blow by will be sucked back thru turbo.. then turbo dirtied by oily blow by.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Mind to share how high (not really high la, just want to just nice when floor the pedal) the boost can be set on stock E3+fuel regulator+walbro+highcam.
stock boost is 0.6 rite? it is safe if set it to 0.8 or 1bar(use fish bone)?

Thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience