Performance camshaft OR PnP Stage 3

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Performance camshaft OR PnP Stage 3 OR Custom Intake Manifold

Guys.. pls help me in choosing between these three modifications?
I drive satria neo cps, and have gone thru PnP stage 1... and using piggyback ems. Still, using stock camshaft & stock intake manifold. Which one between these 3 gives more power? :driver:
But i think custom intake manifold can't be fit on neo cps since there's a VIM sensor in the stock intake manifold (correct me if im wrong)...and i think it gives less hp gained between these 3 right?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I never understood the concept of "stage 1 / 2 / 3" port and polishing. It should be either PNP-ed or not. Where got stage 1, 2 or 3 one?

Anyway, camshafts give you mid to high power increase so if you're always using that range it's a good investment. Personally between the two you listed I'd go for the cams.

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nasty Port Flow offers stage 1 - stage 3 for porting campro head cylinder. Stage 1 is the basic one.. but stage 3 is porting 3angle valve seat cut /valve seat cut/big valve.. im also dont know about this..maybe their marketing strategy. hehe, so i guess i'll take the performance camshaft. How about intake manifold? Some ppl say, the stock cps intake manifold is already enough to support high modified engine..some say better go for custom..gives better flow,blabla. Btw, modification always confusing me... some say A, some say B.

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
Nasty Port Flow offers stage 1 - stage 3 for porting campro head cylinder. Stage 1 is the basic one.. but stage 3 is porting 3angle valve seat cut /valve seat cut/big valve.. im also dont know about this..maybe their marketing strategy. hehe, so i guess i'll take the performance camshaft. How about intake manifold? Some ppl say, the stock cps intake manifold is already enough to support high modified engine..some say better go for custom..gives better flow,blabla. Btw, modification always confusing me... some say A, some say B.
i prefer

1. buy mivec engine
2. install performance camshaft (r3 kot)
3. intake manifold
4. baru management

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
id go cams, then pnp'ed head...then a proven custom intake manifold

just the pnp'ed head alone (what more with "stage 3") without the wilder cam and everything else relatively standard it may be overkill

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Man.. I hate it when people do that. They should do everything one shot! To charge people 3 times just to do one job is really erm... money minded. But I guess it's good for business and no one other than me seems to be complaining.

You said you're worried about the custom intake manifold and the sensor and all that... er... isn't it 'custom'? If 'custom' can't be customized to fit the sensor and all, why is it 'custom'? Should be 'ready made'.

Personally I'd suggest to get a stroker / over sized piston, PNP, cams, fueling then only last intake manifold. And not do one by one, since everything's already out - one shot do. Not enough budget? Save up until you do have enough! :biggrin:

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
An engine with ported head performs better with performance camshafts.
Port it 1st, then maybe you'd find there's no need for performance camshafts :D

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
An engine with ported head performs better with performance camshafts.
Port it 1st, then maybe you'd find there's no need for performance camshafts :D
Already port la bro.. but stage 1 only (nasty portflow). not sure how significant the different between stage 1 and 3...if really really significant.. i'll go for PnP stage 3 bcoz it costs me around rm1.3k compare to camshaft rm2.2k. with the balance money.. i can downgrade my rim to 15", buy fuel pump. how ar? any suggestion katak?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don't recommend touching the fuel pump. Walboros and high flow pumps need management to control otherwise you'll run rich all the time.

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Don't recommend touching the fuel pump. Walboros and high flow pumps need management to control otherwise you'll run rich all the time.
Can piggyback ems control the fuel pump? Bro, as far as i know, CPS only has intake valve timing & lift control only right? if i buy camshaft for exhaust only.. ok or not? plus, the price is half of the intake & exhaust camshaft. this one recommended by my friend. can save some money.. & do other mods :driver:

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Fuel pump ? I suggest not. Some cases where people bought Walbro be it genuine or non genuine, have problems such as fuel surging. Due to the nature of the pump not seated properly and moves inside the pump housing.

I suggest you add a piggyback to fine tune your ignition timing and fuel. Rim size is not an issue, if you like it on 16, be it that way :)
Its better to work on a basis of what you have at the moment and not spend unnecessarily.

Suggestions :

- good adjustable cam gears,
- good adjustable fuel pressure regulator,
- maintain OEM plug cables,
- Works Pro Neo / EMS1 piggyback,
- camshaft dialing,
- maintain CPS OEM intake manifold ( yes, the VIM is a good thing bro ); get a good drop in air cleaner,

I'd be happy to assist you in any means.
Can PM me if u have any doubts or questions :)

Cheerio

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Alright bro..like this can meet up outside la. i dun hv much friend to guide me in modification. i got some before..but they cheated my money.
btw, what do u drive?

*EDITED: PLEASE MIND YOUR LANGUAGE*

Last edited by a moderator: