Performance camshaft OR PnP Stage 3

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
Be mindful of what you're going to say, Kagerosan. No racist remarks here, please and thank you.

Izlan Rashid

From Facebook
May 14, 2011
www.facebook.com
Fuel pump ? I suggest not. Some cases where people bought Walbro be it genuine or non genuine, have problems such as fuel surging. Due to the nature of the pump not seated properly and moves inside the pump housing.

I suggest you add a piggyback to fine tune your ignition timing and fuel. Rim size is not an issue, if you like it on 16, be it that way :)
Its better to work on a basis of what you have at the moment and not spend unnecessarily.

Suggestions :

- good adjustable cam gears,
- good adjustable fuel pressure regulator,
- maintain OEM plug cables,
- Works Pro Neo / EMS1 piggyback,
- camshaft dialing,
- maintain CPS OEM intake manifold ( yes, the VIM is a good thing bro ); get a good drop in air cleaner,

I'd be happy to assist you in any means.
Can PM me if u have any doubts or questions :)

Cheerio
Hi, i owned a neo cps(m), lightly mod(fuel regulator, cam gear, lighted cam pulley, drop-in k&n, 421 header, EMS1.

The problem is my car cannot go more than 180kmh. Other gears can go to 6.5-7rpm but when in 5th gear rpm drop to 5.5 when speed is 180kmh. Any other cps experience this?

My question is, does neo cps have speed limiter? Can i remove it? And what is the best next mod to increase performance?

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my neo cps used to be A/T but i change to mivec ck manual gearbox..180kmh @ 5.5k rpm..cannot go further? as far as i know, campro dont hv speed limiter. maybe becoz of lightened crank pulley.. it dropped your top speed. or it maybe bcoz of the tuning of your cam pulley. and from my experience too.. try pump v-power racing..this fuel is for high rpm power. when i use v-power..can go till 200kmh only and if using v-power racing can reach 210kmh.
The best mod to increase performance is upgrade your engine displacement, use higher camshaft spec, ported head cylinder, use high compression piston. these mod are expensive.
If your cheaper one.. bore the throttle body.. change spark plug & plug cable...this light mod wont increae your hp as much as heavy mod

Last edited:

Izlan Rashid

From Facebook
May 14, 2011
www.facebook.com
my neo cps used to be A/T but i change to mivec ck manual gearbox..180kmh @ 5.5k rpm..cannot go further? as far as i know, campro dont hv speed limiter. maybe becoz of lightened crank pulley.. it dropped your top speed. or it maybe bcoz of the tuning of your cam pulley. and from my experience too.. try pump v-power racing..this fuel is for high rpm power. when i use v-power..can go till 200kmh only and if using v-power racing can reach 210kmh.
The best mod to increase performance is upgrade your engine displacement, use higher camshaft spec, ported head cylinder, use high compression piston. these mod are expensive.
If your cheaper one.. bore the throttle body.. change spark plug & plug cable...this light mod wont increae your hp as much as heavy mod
I suspect its the lighted crank pulley also, i'll try to change it to stock, seen i change to lcp, going uphill also a problem for me.

Any other sifu can help.. Btw thanks kagerosan!!

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Hi, i owned a neo cps(m), lightly mod(fuel regulator, cam gear, lighted cam pulley, drop-in k&n, 421 header, EMS1.

The problem is my car cannot go more than 180kmh. Other gears can go to 6.5-7rpm but when in 5th gear rpm drop to 5.5 when speed is 180kmh. Any other cps experience this?

My question is, does neo cps have speed limiter? Can i remove it? And what is the best next mod to increase performance?
Try to work on the cam settings 1st. No point if the settings are incorrect / not precise but you go change the crank pulley..additional time and money spend.

Perhaps..
due to the nature of the gearbox, limiting the top speed to just 200-215 kph..

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
ya Izlan, i suspect it's ur LCP, so sell it to me cheap2:tongue:

Izlan Rashid

From Facebook
May 14, 2011
www.facebook.com
Try to work on the cam settings 1st. No point if the settings are incorrect / not precise but you go change the crank pulley..additional time and money spend.

Perhaps..
due to the nature of the gearbox, limiting the top speed to just 200-215 kph..
Bro, i tried few difference settings. Not much different on top speed. Which setting works best for u? U dont think it is the lcp that cause this? How about the lack of power going up hill?

Thank u in advance bro

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Bro, i tried few difference settings. Not much different on top speed. Which setting works best for u? U dont think it is the lcp that cause this? How about the lack of power going up hill?

Thank u in advance bro

Remember. Never blame the hardware that u have..
Going uphill with a lightened crank pulley should be easier..as there's more torque at lower / mid RPM range.

To me, there's no one setting that fits all.
There's no such thing as i gain good top speed & gain good pick up at the same time.
It does not work that way bro..

I can not recommend any set up..as you already have a piggy back. Go ask your tuner. Or re tune you EMS.

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
Just curious about changing to a bigger size piston or high compression type. Can CPS crankshaft able to hold it?? Any bro tried before? Actually what is the actual size of the original cps piston?? How big can it change to?

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor

i tthink may be the lighted cam la.....mine stock cam can go up to 200km....no ems no piggyback...just metal drop in filter, iridium plug, volt stabilizer and cold air intake

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Just curious about changing to a bigger size piston or high compression type. Can CPS crankshaft able to hold it?? Any bro tried before? Actually what is the actual size of the original cps piston?? How big can it change to?

changing to a bigger size piston or high compression type. Can CPS crankshaft able to hold it??

Yes

Any bro tried before?

Yes

Actually what is the actual size of the original cps piston??

76mm

How big can it change to?

76.25mm
76.50mm
76.75mm
77.00mm

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Amazingly, as you can see in the pictures after the jump, the Lada came out through the wall without any serious damages. We don’t know if the Russian driver was hurt, but if anything else, he must have lost a few years of his life the moment he saw that the crash was inevitable.

What if, Proton vs Concrete Wall...???

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience