Oops!? I poured Bardahl 1 into my auto tranny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Back to the topic,

Today, Im going for service my car, will change the engine oil as it has reached almost 14,000km mark.

At the same time Im gonna drain my ATF to replace the standard 4 litre fluid.

Wont add any additive yet, but will be seriously considering adding 250ml of Bardahl 1 in 5,000 or 7,000km time.
better drain that ATF fast before it makes more damage to your gbox...in future try to avoid additives in ATF & engine oil.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Instead of using Bardahl 1 in something that isnt meant for it, why not just use a good brand ATF oil? Then you'll have good protection to your gearbox and at the same time you have nothing to worry.

And I remembered that you poured bardahl 1 into the power steering fluid. What's the purpose? :confused::confused:
Bardahl 1 function is to protect all moving metal parts, be it in engine or elsewhere.

Since the power steering system and the auto transmission has also got moving metal parts, why not?

I have tried better ATF, the standard ATF we are using is I think 7.22 grade

Im not too sure, I tried the 7.26 grade used for CLK auto transmission.

Damn good, damn slippery feel of the oil, but cost more, much more.

IM only trying to experiment a cheaper way to increase the a better ride and better protection thats all.

Imagine if C&C and run the engine without oil to long distances, what protection can we have when our auto transmission is temporary leaking and run of ouf ATF ?

But before I experiment anything, I do research first, pour little quantity and add on....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
better drain that ATF fast before it makes more damage to your gbox...in future try to avoid additives in ATF & engine oil.
Can use additives if pocket got too much, but use the right ones for the right application....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Bardahl 1 function is to protect all moving metal parts, be it in engine or elsewhere.

Since the power steering system and the auto transmission has also got moving metal parts, why not?

IM only trying to experiment a cheaper way to increase the a better ride and better protection thats all.

Imagine if C&C and run the engine without oil to long distances, what protection can we have when our auto transmission is temporary leaking and run of ouf ATF ?

But before I experiment anything, I do research first, pour little quantity and add on....
As same message to bro. Danz, use the right additives for right application. Bardahl 1 is designed for use in engine not with ATF for auto boxes.
Adding a little to try is experiment not research....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

The fluid in power steering isnt to lubricate the parts but it is to function as hydraulic fluid which is to exert force to steer the wheels. In a sense, it doesnt help...:hmmmm:

Danny,

Im not too easily influenced by people saying that by adding another 100ml will cause my gearbox to breakdown...

I only will laugh to his opinion....

Not trying to boast, I drove few hundred times more km than he does.

So we only accept facts after we have done our research.

Not thru some threats and warnings....

He thinks that I will be scared after his warnings, after all he is just trying to cover his and his friends s-holes from being exposed by me.

Imagine, his friends can simply post some false accusation on me and run away and hide?

After hiding, the mod comes out to warn me and asked me to close this subject?

Really WTF ?!
If you are not affected by other people's opinion that the GB will spoil, then why are you so worried anyway? You've done your experiment, then just conclude it happily and hope that the bardahl 1 would do more good than harm. Just stick back to the topic. Perhaps you can post more constructive replies with pictures of your experiments, data, how you did it, results, outcome, etc rather than bombing here and there.

Just set all personal issues aside. All of you. We are here to discuss, not bashing each other and no point challenging each other coz this is a forum. A place to discuss. If there's disagreement, one doesnt has to agree to disagree as he could just stick to his own perspective and beliefs and leave the thread instead of trying to prove to others that he is right.

In the end, if he is right and those who did not listen are wrong, he can have the privilege to laugh at them and dont have to concur to any losses.

Isnt that much, much easier? Cheers

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
LA, use air to blow out old ATF? Woh! then you make sure when you pour in new ATF there's no air pockets in the box itself or in the TC. air pockets causes hot spots in the box and uneven temp inside the box ATF max temp and air max temp is different plus air is compressible you will have pressure change in the TC due to air. That's the reason why we use flushing machine and not high pressure air hose to flush.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
LA, use air to blow out old ATF? Woh! then you make sure when you pour in new ATF there's no air pockets in the box itself or in the TC. air pockets causes hot spots in the box and uneven temp inside the box ATF max temp and air max temp is different plus air is compressible you will have pressure change in the TC due to air. That's the reason why we use flushing machine and not high pressure air hose to flush.
I was reading that too, but won't want to answer since he has been doing that all these while and no harm to his gear box.....:smokin:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
just allow me to ask a side question about power steering fluid. What does it mean when there is a whining noise in the steering system when i turn the steering? Air in the steering fluid? What is the proper steering fluid change interval?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
YYC, 40K change once. The whinning sound only appear when you full lock the steering? or even when turning. It's a sign of the steering pump dying. The bearing..

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The fluid in power steering isnt to lubricate the parts but it is to function as hydraulic fluid which is to exert force to steer the wheels. In a sense, it doesnt help...:hmmmm:

If you are not affected by other people's opinion that the GB will spoil, then why are you so worried anyway? You've done your experiment, then just conclude it happily and hope that the bardahl 1 would do more good than harm. Just stick back to the topic. Perhaps you can post more constructive replies with pictures of your experiments, data, how you did it, results, outcome, etc rather than bombing here and there.

Just set all personal issues aside. All of you. We are here to discuss, not bashing each other and no point challenging each other coz this is a forum. A place to discuss. If there's disagreement, one doesnt has to agree to disagree as he could just stick to his own perspective and beliefs and leave the thread instead of trying to prove to others that he is right.

In the end, if he is right and those who did not listen are wrong, he can have the privilege to laugh at them and dont have to concur to any losses.

Isnt that much, much easier? Cheers
Im worried because its my first time experiment.

Wanted the general opinion to see what would the outcome be....

On your statement of me bombing here and there, really CVKit, if someone accused you of something you didnt do, you would have reacted the same...

Ungentlemen and coward acts, somemore ask his moddy friend to come out and warn me to close subject?

Now he has deleted all his and his friends shameful posts!

Some of you may have read it! Damn dirty person!

Back to topic, today I serviced my car, changed the engine oil,however ATF is not in stock so Im still using the old ATF (with Bardahl 1)

The car was quietly smooth, smooth to the extent that when 4th gear changes to 5th gear, I didnt feel the gear change, only saw the rpm jump up and back down!

My opinion is this Bardahl 1 helps!

Only now the biggest question is how much quantity to pour into? What do you guys think 250ml would be ideal for a pool of 6.25 litres of ATF ?

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

TR, I have been doing it for more than 5 years or so,

When forcing out the old ATF with compressed air, there may be some air locks inside,

But after pouring the new ATF, and run it, I think the air could have escaped thru the breather or the inlet chimney...

So far no significant problem is detected.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

just allow me to ask a side question about power steering fluid. What does it mean when there is a whining noise in the steering system when i turn the steering? Air in the steering fluid? What is the proper steering fluid change interval?
There may be a few reasons for this as I experienced before....

1) Inadequte power steering fluid

2) Your power steering fliud no longer have the lubricating properties as it long due to change.

3) Airlocks in your power steering system.

4) Clogged flow of ATF, you can flush it with a machine available at some tyre shops.

Hope these helps you to troubleshoot the cause of your problem.:listen:

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Comes out when the storm is over?

Posts all deleted?

I dont blame you....

Probably you just post out from the sms you received from that guy, word for word...

Let him be the coward & liar we know!

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

On your statement of me bombing here and there, really CVKit, if someone accused you of something you didnt do, you would have reacted the same...

Ungentlemen and coward acts, somemore ask his moddy friend to come out and warn me to close subject?

Back to topic, today I serviced my car, changed the engine oil,however ATF is not in stock so Im still using the old ATF (with Bardahl 1)

The car was quietly smooth, smooth to the extent that when 4th gear changes to 5th gear, I didnt feel the gear change, only saw the rpm jump up and back down!

Only now the biggest question is how much quantity to pour into? What do you guys think 250ml would be ideal for a pool of 6.25 litres of ATF ?

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

TR, I have been doing it for more than 5 years or so,

When forcing out the old ATF with compressed air, there may be some air locks inside,

But after pouring the new ATF, and run it, I think the air could have escaped thru the breather or the inlet chimney...

So far no significant problem is detected.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

There may be a few reasons for this as I experienced before....

1) Inadequte power steering fluid

2) Your power steering fliud no longer have the lubricating properties as it long due to change.

3) Airlocks in your power steering system.

4) Clogged flow of ATF, you can flush it with a machine available at some tyre shops.

Hope these helps you to troubleshoot the cause of your problem.:listen:

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Posts all deleted?

I dont blame you....

Probably you just post out from the sms you received from that guy, word for word...

Let him be the coward & liar we know!
Enough is enough. I am here to gain knowledge. Time to stop it. I have nvr intend to attack you personally whatsoever. I react upon your replies. That is all.
Oh and I have never hide too, I am still very active in ZTH.

Last edited:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Enough is enough. I am here to gain knowledge. Time to stop it. I have nvr intend to attack you personally whatsoever. I react upon your replies. That is all.
Oh and I have never hide too, I am still very active in ZTH.
The least you can do is to apologise like a gentlemen!

My beetle is still in bad shape, will show you when its done up...

Only did the brakes, new battery, new tyres, etc already cost me RM2K

Its WA reg plate.:listen:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The least you can do is to apologise like a gentlemen!

My beetle is still in bad shape, will show you when its done up...

Only did the brakes, new battery, new tyres, etc already cost me RM2K

Its WA reg plate.:listen:
Ok you still insist on dragging this on - I will oblige.

Apologise? For what exactly? Asking you to prove you have a Beetle? Or asking you to verify your claims? How about you apologise for your constant argumentative behaviour and the others do the same. Will you oblige?

Posts all deleted?

I dont blame you....

Let him be the coward & liar we know![/
If you haven't noticed - I deleted your 'dirty' posts too. It's two ways, not one. I'm trying very hard not to be biased here. But you are seriously pushing me towards strongly disliking you. You play nice and act your age with me and I will act accordingly. You call you constant bickering gentlemanly?? Stop being such a hyppocrite.

Right so you first say you don't know and you're worried, then you followup by saying it's great and it helps.

Make up your mind. Either you tell us it works or you think it'll fail.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The noise appears only when full lock.
Full lock the pump under pressure. Just try not too full lock all the time.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

YYC, 40K change once. The whinning sound only appear when you full lock the steering? or even when turning. It's a sign of the steering pump dying. The bearing..
Bro. TR, Power steering fluid I normally change when doing something to the power steering system. If not, the oil not changed....ha! ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

See yourself as a race car driver but don't know where or how to kickstart this glamorous career? Wonder no more as the 2 great motorsport forces of Malaysia, TOC Automotive College (TOC) and professional race team Aylezo Motorsports have recently collaborated to form the TOC-Aylezo Racing Academy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience