No longer a Sepang virgin

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I was invited over to Sepang yesterday by one of the owners of a Gallardo that I'm trying to arrange a photoshoot with. This might be difficult to believe, but I've actually never ever been to Sepang before. Sure, I've actually passed by it a couple of times on the way to the low-cost terminal... but I've never stepped on the hallowed grounds. Honestly, I wouldn't typically have made it there either since I tend to shy away from crowds... so when the offer was presented to me, I decided to make the most of it.

The original invitation was to check out Singapore's first twin-turbo Lamborghini Gallardo. Unfortunately, the G monster wasn't able to make it to track as it was incomplete. Instead, the agenda swapped to checking out the tuned GTRs by MB Motors from Singapore.

MB Motors started as a small outfit in Singapore in 2002, and their Performance division was formed in 2005. Amongst the brands they carry are Endless, Zeal, Sun Auto, JUN, Moonface, ATP, AEM and DC Sports. From what I was told, they also do service and tune up Euro exotics, but are more famed for the GTR monsters they (regularly) churn out.

Whilst I was there, I counted about 18 Nissan GTR35s, along with a ver 10 Impreza, E60 M5, S15, an Evo, and tuned up Gallardo.

More impressively, there were two heavily tuned up R35s that the MB lads were tracking that stayed out for 10-15 laps before coming in. Most folks went for only 4-6 laps and returned to the pit to cool down. I'm not sure how long the average joe stays out, or how fast they go around Sepang, but one of folks who had never been to Sepang before was doing a 2:40 average after a few runs (of 3-4 laps); I'd imagine the boys from MB were going faster, although I don't have a number...

Unfortunately, the Gallardo was suffering from the heat, and was unable to perform very well on track. On average, it was only able to stay out for 3 or 4 laps before needing to retire to the pits to cool down. That said, the Godzillas were definitely tracking faster than the Gallardo, and I doubt the Gallardo stood a chance, even if it had it's issues sorted.

All in, it was a pretty enjoyable first time at Sepang for me. I'm definitely looking forward to the next time ;) For more pics, please check out my album here. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy some of the videos I took:

MB Motorsports GTR35 fly-by - YouTube

MB Motorsports GTR35 - YouTube

Gallardo w Quicksilver exhaust exiting pits - YouTube

Gallardo w Quicksilver exhaust @ Sepang pt. 1 - YouTube

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
oh la la and i cant believe it was the first time for u, great shots as always rah

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks; fixed the links so you should be able to watch the videos now.

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
MB only invited ~ 20 cars, so we had a very clear track session :)

nice pics dude!

MohdRidhwan

Known Member
Sep 18, 2005
TTDI
Braco said he doesnt whack his car. So I was surprised to found out that he went to Sepang.

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
@LANCET: Nice to have met you, mate. Thanks for hooking me up!

@mist: Apologies for not coming over to say hi; first time out and a little shy for sure. Nice ride, btw!

@MohdRidhwan: I think his primary purpose was to check out the GTRs tuned by MB. I understand he's actually getting one himself (and should have already sent it to the folks at MB).

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
Last video at 2:36.... The R35 is orgasmic!!!:adore::adore::adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After using the Battery-free smartag that I DIY'ed before, I find it kinda
annoying and difficult especially if suddenly need to use the Smartag.:thefinger:

So, now I remove the wire and DIY a Switchable smartag that still use a battery. however, the battery will consume 0mA when it is switched off, therefore make it last longer.

Check it out!::smokin:

http://donsdiy.fotopic.net/c1526239.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience