No Drive when engine is cold?

ahyap

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
Anyone facing the below problem? or have any idea what my problem could be?

When car is left for more than 4 hours. Upon starting of car and D is engaged, the car does not roll forward when the handbrake & brake pedal is released. Even when i step on the accelerator, the rpm meter would go up and i can hear the engine revv... but the car would only roll forward slowly... seems like gear is not engaged or something like that....:stupid:

Things would be back to normal when engine temperature is up to normal... is it clutch / gearbox related?? OR does it have anything to do with my O2 sensor?? was recently diagnosed by TRIALS that my O2 sensor is about to koyak coz can smell the fumes of petrol from my exhaust......:bawling:

:adore: Prayin real hard for any of you taikos to help shed some light to my prob...

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
well, i would say that you have to spend some money to repair the auto gear box.is either the body valve or the converter...i have similar problem like you but not as serious as yours.....therefore i look for the second hand at the chop shop , change it , then everything is ok

shawn55

Known Member
Aug 5, 2006
ha.....stephen is correct....you better find a shop to test it.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
maybe the clutch in the auto gb botak liao. if want to change the clutch in auto gb better u buy go chop shop get a auto gb saja lar.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
if just a gear slip, it slip when cold, coz of the oil press. just go flush the gearbox, change to higher grade ATF, the prob might solve...if not, times to change the new 1...

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
use lubeguard gb oil additive. can try but dont know works or not.

ahyap

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
:adore: I am so touched that you guys really chucked some ideas on what's happening to my treasured ride man!.... a BIG thank you to all BROs!!

I guess it's time to take it to TRIALS and let the guys there take a look...

Hopefully flushing it would do the trick.... but i thought the GB rarely breakdown??I remember being told that the GB on our ride is bulletproof and hardly any breakdown / major repairs?? isn't this the case??

and why is changing of GB is recommended instead of changing the clutch only??
is the clutch so expensive?? a whole GB would cost about RM3k no? how much would a clutch set cost?? max max RM1k?

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
GB tahan lasak? if u everyday high rev the gb sure kong too. not to mention the clutch botak faster.
change clutch on auto gb is expensive. better go chop shop get 1 gb whichis cheaper a lot. and purchase a brand new gb is also super expensive.

shawn55

Known Member
Aug 5, 2006
yup yup...is expensive . anyway have to try to check it if not don`t know what problema t all...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm looking for this Bendix Metal King brake pad around sunway area .. Anyone know which workshop have them? :rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience