Nissan VQ wins 14th straight Ward’s 10-Best Engines award

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

They’ve done it again. Nissan’s familiar VQ series engine has been included in the latest ‘10 Best Engines’ list by Ward’s, making it the 14th straight year a VQ series engine has earned that distinction. This also makes it the only engine to be included in the list every year since the award began back in 1995.

The new engine is the VQ37VHR, which is actually used in the Infiniti G37 Coupe. New features of the V6 engine is VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift) technology, which sees final output rate in at 330hp (246kW) and 366Nm (270lb-ft) of torque. Although based on a similar design to previous VQ engines, the latest powerplant contains approximately 35% new and unique parts from the Infiniti G35 sedan’s VQ35HR unit.

Nissan VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift)

The VVEL system combines hydraulic-controlled variable valve timing and electronically controlled variable valve lift on the intake side to help improve performance, response and efficiency.

To qualify for the award, engines must be available in a regular-production, U.S.-specification models and be on sale no later than the first quarter of 2008. The catch is that the cars must be priced no more than $54,000 - a price cap indexed to the average cost of a new vehicle.

Source:
Nissan wins 14th straight Ward’s 10-Best Engines award

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Horsepower not everything, my friend.

If that was the case, they should just give the award to jet turbine engines or top fuel dragster engines.

yan99033

Jul 20, 2006
World ranked engine created by Proton?

I think we hv to wait for 5-10 years to make this miracle. Or wait Proton to find a partner 1st....... Malaysian working attitude cannot survive in this world, example Proton, MAS....all about corruptions and laziness....

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007
World ranked engine created by Proton?

I think we hv to wait for 5-10 years to make this miracle. Or wait Proton to find a partner 1st....... Malaysian working attitude cannot survive in this world, example Proton, MAS....all about corruptions and laziness....
...unless abolish the tiew-nia-sing Never Ending Policy, as 1st step!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car died off during idle at traffic light. I thought it was battery but all the electronics and stuff are working. I can crank it, but it wont start. Even the mech dont really know whats wrong. I checked everything the spark plugs and stuff. Could it be bcs the timing belt is worn out? I only can crank but cannot start.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience