Nissan V12 Skyline R34 GT-R

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com

Many people hate the idea of putting a V12 engine in a skyline. They say it makes the car too heavy or it will disrupt the weight balance. Not for this one. The engine is a MB quad turbo V12 all made of aluminium and is just as heavy as the rb26dett and the weight balance is also almost perfect with 55% on the front and 45% on the rear because the engine has been moved 300 mm backwards. But you also need to be able to control the power. No problem for this car because it still has the four wheel drive and the four wheel steering. What do you need more? More info will follow later.

Specifications

Configuration : V 12 cylinders
Capacity : 6715 cc (89 x 90 mm)
Valve actuation : 4 over head camshafts, 48 valves
Forced induction : 4 turbochargers
Max. power : 1000+ horsepower
Max. torque : Over 100 kgm
Clutch : Multiplate
Gearbox : 6 speed sequential

Chassis : Multipoint rollcage welded to the shell
Suspensions : Double whishbones, KW adjustable shocks
Brakes : 381 mm discs (front) 355 mm (rear)
Wheels : 13 x 18 magnesium
Tires : 345/35-18
Length : 4650 mm
Width : 1910 mm
Height : 1215 mm
Weight : 1000 Kg

0 to 60 mph : 3 seconds
Quarter mile : 9 seconds
Top speed : 220 mph (+/- 354 km/u)

Exclusive interview with the owner of the V12 skyline (24/08/05)

Name :Luc-Michel

Why did you took a skyline?
I wanted a japanese four wheel drive turbocharged car. The Skyline was the
obvious choice.

And why did you put a V12 engine in it?
I think that 2.6 liters is not enough for a supercar. The V12 used in my project is extremely close to what would be two RB26 engines linked together. I wanted a car with 1000 hp. I know this can be done with a RB26 but the level of reliability of an engine boosted to only 12 PSI to achieve this number
should be much better. The V12 is all aluminium and weighs less than 200 kg without accessories.

What where the main difficulties with making this machine?
Technically, everything is awfully complicated (but I like it this way). Finding sponsors is also a serious problem.

Have you done most of the work alone?
95 %. I don't weld but I do pretty much everything else myself. I machine a
lot of parts, I also made the bodywork.

Which other important mods have you done to this vehicle?
The R34 body shell has been seriously modified. It has been cut to make room for the engine, transmission and wheels. A complete WRC style rollcage has been welded inside, incuding new suspension mounts.

Are you planning to participate in famous races with this car? Or is it more for meetings?
I'm not interested to build a car with intake restrictors, limited
aerodynamics and tons of weight ballast so the car will not enter any official competition. It will be used for exhibitions only.

And are you planning other mods for this car?
Make it, wider, lower, lighter and more powerful

When will the car be finished?
The car is now running. It needs of course a lot of tuning and some more improvement. I would say between six months and two years...

Official Site And Owners Blog Is Found Below:
http://skylinev12.neufblog.com/skylinev12/

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
read in the Banzai magazine b4...... apparently, the owner wanted to buy the old/retired JGTC NISMO GTR34 race car but NISMO not willing to sell due to some technology/specs that they do not want to sell to public.

So he got mad and come up with his own GT version..... crazy guy with lotsa $$$......

Last edited:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
GT500 - i know its old but most of us here dont know, just to share.

DarkChild - Yah .. the legendary RB engine removed, the quality of original skyline isnt there.

DRiftAGster - Correct, they denied selling the used JGTC car due to some secret tunings involved. He planned to buy the 1999 Pennzoil Nismo GT-R but he failed. Now he has his own replica of Pennzoil Nismo R34 GT-R ;) ....

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
wah the owner even left his email address inside.lai lets email him on how 2 build the ultimate secret weapon skyline. :biggrin: :tee:

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
email him also no use la....u got enough money to build to the spec or not??? heheheee....:biggrin:

poket sure koyak to build 1.... buying 1 already koyak poket somemore wanna build until a GT race spec....cannot imagine....

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Cavey said:
r34 gtr is 4 wheel driven
Yes, we all know that....

However, try looking up this particular 'skyline'... You may find it pretty interesting and maybe understand why we're saying the things we say about it... *laughs*

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
big respect to this guy. it's still a GTR34, sans the RB lah. without the basis of the GTR34's chassis, i think it'll be quite hard for this guy to hold, handle and tame the V12. always cannot take it when the 360 and 550 Maranello lads come over to pump fuel, then rev the nuts off when exiting. wish i could at least see and hear this V12'ed GTR revved to century speed..

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
ace79 said:
big respect to this guy. it's still a GTR34, sans the RB lah. without the basis of the GTR34's chassis, i think it'll be quite hard for this guy to hold, handle and tame the V12. always cannot take it when the 360 and 550 Maranello lads come over to pump fuel, then rev the nuts off when exiting. wish i could at least see and hear this V12'ed GTR revved to century speed..
You've got something against Ferrari's?