Nissan Sentra need advice...

alan9622

Jul 11, 2009
Hi to all bro. & sifu-sifu here,

I'm driving a Nissan Sentra 1.6 N16 (year 2004). Was having the overheating problem 2 months ago. Change all the related part also the same problem. Then change the chop shop 1.5 head. The over heating problem solve, but the timing seem like have some problem. When rpm up to 5000-6000rpm the rpm meter jump up and down and the engine check light on.... This endless problem really bring me alot of trouble...

So, i decided to change the chop shop QG1.8 engine.

Now i need advice that if i only change the engine kosong and use back all the standard 1.6 like: gear box, ECU, manifold...

It's will be any problem? Anybody try before?

Looking forward to heard all sifu's advice.

Thanks You.

ss12b

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
1 nismoclub member have done that on his n16 oso
yup u can use back the ECU but power wise
for the gearbox i don know coz d member buy engine c/w gearbox
either u upgrade 2gether with 1.8 ECU or add e-manage 2 it

alan9622

Jul 11, 2009
Bro ss12b,

Thanks for your reply. I do check with the chop shop and my foreman.

They all prefer halfcut which c/w all wiring, gearbox, ECU... but the price is quite expensive.

Halfcut + labour +..... = about 6k
engine kosong + labour +.... = about 3K

All is problem about $$$....
haha... Anyway... Thanks bro...

alan9622

Jul 11, 2009
Hi Bro Tevs,

No, Mine is GQ16. That day went to Nissan Service Central. After do the setting also no use. Now decided change the engine kosong - QG18. Hopefully no problem... praying...:smokin:

pinecitygarage

Known Member
Aug 22, 2009
SoCal & Baguio
baguioautoforums.com
Did they set the ecu into timing mode before setting the Base Idle then checking the Timing?, i hope they didn't skip any teeth while installing the timing chain (these are causes of no power and erratic Idle.

If you are pretty handy with the tools and working on the car, you can diy this bro.

make sure the timing chain was installed properly using an FSM as a guide to having intake and exhaust cam sprockets matched with the chain as well as the idler.

now for the base idle setting and timing mode:

disassemble the Idle Air Control and Clean your intake Manifold (through the throttle body) using carb cleaner, spray at a distance the hot wire sensor inside the MAF (mass airflow meter) not close but enough just to clean the wire - too close and it might damage the hotwire sensor.

reassemble everything

- the engine will have a hard time starting due to the carb cleaner in the intake manifold - keep on trying until you get the engine started - Smoke will be coming out of the tailpipe (this is the burned carb cleaner

1. warm up car to operating temp - drive it around
2. park car with engine idling
3. rev engine 3 times not exceeding 4000RPM
4. turn off engine
5. Disconnect TPS (throttle position sensor)
6. center the Distributor position
7. start engine
8. now adjust base idle screw until you get 800rpm at idle
9. check timing on crankshaft pulley (i think your stock timing is 10 Degrees as well)
10. turn off engine
11. Reconnect TPS
12. start engine and check base idle and timing

- Any adjustments to the Base idle and timing should only be done after the engine is set into timing mode and with TPS disconnected

Tevs

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
Hi Bro Tevs,

No, Mine is GQ16. That day went to Nissan Service Central. After do the setting also no use. Now decided change the engine kosong - QG18. Hopefully no problem... praying...:smokin:
Hope ur problems will be solved, dont worry too much :)

alsagoff

Known Member
Jan 2, 2009
Bro ss12b,

Thanks for your reply. I do check with the chop shop and my foreman.

They all prefer halfcut which c/w all wiring, gearbox, ECU... but the price is quite expensive.

Halfcut + labour +..... = about 6k
engine kosong + labour +.... = about 3K

All is problem about $$$....
haha... Anyway... Thanks bro...
introduce ur elf here bro Nismoclub :: View Forum - Introduction Greetings / Salam Pengenalan

then ask ur question here Nismoclub :: View Forum - TechTalk / Sembang Teknikal

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo! my engine oil is now middle half ( below Max above Min ), because i finish my current 15w50, can i add using 20w50 or any grades? thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience