Nissan 日産 GT-R Test Drive: Godzilla Has Returned!

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

This is the descendant of the Skyline GT-R, one of the most mystical Japanese cars. Hondas and Toyotas can't come close to the excitement that emanates from this beauty.

Enough with all this admiration. The GT-R is no longer classified as a sports car in the Skyline family, but is in a class of its own. The Nissan GT-R is becoming one of the best sports cars in the market and beginning to intimidate a great number of supercars.

Headlines
3.8L V6, 480 hp, AWD, ATESSA ETS system
4.65m long, 1740 kg. (3835 lbs)
Sequential gearbox, twin clutch, paddles
0 to 100 km/h : 3’’6,
Top speed : 320 km/h = 200 mp/h ( electronically limited to 180km/h in Japan ).
Price : 8 347 500 yens ( approx 53 000 € or 78.000 $ or 39.500 £)

Design
The new GT-R's impressive features and aggressive body differentiate her from all her predecessors. It cannot be mistaken for any other car on the market, no thought about it. On the road, even in Japan she excudes a particular demarque that will turn anyone's head.

Interior
Quality plastic, aluminium, leather in abundance, excellent presentation. Although the overall level isn't up to Porche 911 or Audi R8, the GT-R isn't far behind. The differences between a standard Nissan or even Infiniti is striking, even though they share some elements as with the steering wheel (half aluminium, leather).

On-board computer control was designed by the creator of the "Gran Turismo" video game. It sports a GPS and displays a great deal of information concerning car condition.

On the road
You need to drive this GT-R to understand the significance of its release since the Tokyo Motor Show. Even Carlos Ghosn has no lasting words to describe the passion and admiration he has for the Skyline. The acceleration is spectacular and impressive, it out performs the Lamborghini Gallardo Supperleggera, Ferrari F430, and the 911 turbo with a 0-100 km/h in 3"6. What else is there to say other than its twin turbo are mind-blowing and will literately pin you to your seat when ignited. As for road performance; the handling is prodigious, like a train on rails. Various configurations of three buttons are also available from the main console, the driver can adjust the suspension settings, gear ratios, front/rear balance, and stability control while taking sharp curves. In mode "R" the GT-R turns into a wild beast! It's a true racing car with its frame and gear box; already excellent in normal mode, it comes close to a F1 gear box. The GT-R brakes as strong as it accelerate (36 meters from 100 km/h to full stop, comparable to the best Porches). With no sign of fading, the Skyline GT-R tradition is here to stay and impress.

Plus:
Everything !

Minus:
What minus? Are you kidding me? Oh just one, if only the GT-R could sing as well as a Gallardo.

Conclusion:
Great design, comfortable in all aspects. You will immediately fall in love with this beast. All this for 8,000,000 Yen (51,000 Euros), half the asking price for a 911 turbo.

Nissan has accomplished the impossible... Put their competitors on their knees. They have perpetuated the Skyline tradition in the best possible way.

Godzilla : Test Drive
[youtube]nL-E-uVGQeo[/youtube]

Source:
Nihoncar.com

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Nice ride. Would love to own one of those Godzillas. :D

SmokingTires

Feb 3, 2008
i wish the GTR coulve sounded more aggresive...

this is one of the cars that doesnt perform like how it looks..

it does more then that...

uhm..da music on da last part of da clip, is it japan or france??towords the end it sounded like she was speaking france... =P

russwestwood

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2006
ofloveandcarbonfibre.blogspot.com
Whats your source for that statement? A 7 minute 38.54 second Nurburgring laptime and 0-100 in 3.5secs not enough for you? U can buy an F-1 car if you like... ;)

Last edited:

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
i wish the GTR coulve sounded more aggresive...

it does more then that...

uhm..da music on da last part of da clip, is it japan or france??towords the end it sounded like she was speaking france... =P
i think the nurburgring figures speaks for itself..

narx

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
this one of those car that's gonna be a legend in the car industry and remembered for the next 50 years..

Simply gorgeous, anyone spotted it in Malaysia yet?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus out there,

I am currently facing a problem here, I have bought a mazda B8T 210 engine and it is in the midst of transfering it into my mazda astina.

The problem now is, the mechanic is facing a problem to help me lock the by welding the gearbox in order to become a 2wd. He has send to some machining shop but he told me its gonna leak and wont last long. So he say better source for TX3 or a b6 gb.

Please Please Please helppppp! Its been 3 months already.:dontknow:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience