News: Red Bull unable to switch Ferrari engines?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Red Bull unable to switch Ferrari engines?

Ferrari team boss Jean Todt made it clear to reporters in Magny-Cours that he expects Red Bull Racing to honour its contract and will use their Ferrari engines in 2007. It has been said that Red Bull is interested in Renault engines and give the Ferrari engines to it's second team Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Renault has said it would be interested to supply a second team in Formula 1 with their customer engines and Red Bull has shown their interested. If Red Bull would take the option on Renault engines they would look to shirt its Ferrari contracts across to Scuderia Toro Rosso, which currently runs on Cosworth V10 engines.

Ferrari's Jean Todt is not a big fan of the idea of Red Bull switching to Ferrari's main rival Renault. "If we have a contract we always try to respect our contracts, so we intend everybody to have the same attitude like ourselves," Todt told reporters at Magny-Cours. "Unless there is a clear evidence which would really put us in a position to change something, and honestly I don't see it now, we are intending to fulfil our contract with Red Bull."

"We will supply them the engine for next year, unless they don't want the engine, but it's not something we are aware of at the moment."

But Todt did admit Red Bull has said it might want to change its contract. "It's something we have discussed and…at the moment we are not going to fulfil their wish, if there is this wish confirmed," Todt said. "Red Bull is a very big company with a lot of people involved, so let's say the people with whom I dealt with for the contract seemed to be very happy with the agreement."
This Red Bull is damn clever, they want to have 2 strong engine under the same roof. They might want to study both and build their own engine.

by throwing the Ferrari engine to Toro Rosso, is that meant a down grade for Ferrari? :biggrin:

actually the important thing is the whole package.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BlackSamurai said:
Red Bull unable to switch Ferrari engines?

This Red Bull is damn clever, they want to have 2 strong engine under the same roof. They might want to study both and build their own engine.

by throwing the Ferrari engine to Toro Rosso, is that meant a down grade for Ferrari? :biggrin:

actually the important thing is the whole package.
i think there are rules to prevent the teams from dismantling the whole engine apart... only the engine manufacturer has the authority to do so...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
hmm, butthead, how about Ferrari -> Petronas engine used in Sauber?
Sauber buy the base Ferrari engine, tune/mod it by Sauber Petronas.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BlackSamurai said:
hmm, butthead, how about Ferrari -> Petronas engine used in Sauber?
Sauber buy the base Ferrari engine, tune/mod it by Sauber Petronas.
i am not aware that they were able to tune the engine... maybe the mappings and some electronic stuff lar...but not mechanically...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Well i certainly don't know teams are not allowed to dismantle the engine except for the manufacturer, for instance Red Bull and Scuderia Ferrari case.

What if they have some engine failure and need to investigate the cause of it? Or they suspect certain part is faulty and needs replacement?

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Williams will use Toyota's engine next season instead of Cosworth.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
prodigy said:
Well i certainly don't know teams are not allowed to dismantle the engine except for the manufacturer, for instance Red Bull and Scuderia Ferrari case.

What if they have some engine failure and need to investigate the cause of it? Or they suspect certain part is faulty and needs replacement?
if the engine blows up.. it is Ferraris fault...Ferrari will get some good whacking and then report to them...that's why it is also good to have an engine one season's development late... it will have proven reliability although not the performance...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone knows how to improve a car's braking power? My car uses disc brake in front and drums for the rear...rear very hard 2 convert to disc brake.. :( got any steel braided brake lines for proton or not? can proton tiara use other car's brake lines? i mean da steel braided ones designed for other cars... :shocked:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience