News: FIA bans innovative dampers

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
FIA bans innovative dampers

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=124873

The FIA has banned an innovative damper system being used by Renault and Ferrari after investigating whether the clever solution was in fact going against the technical regulations.

The dampers in question included a weight in the middle, mounted in a spring. The idea is that the extra mass in the damper improves a car's performance by reducing the effect on the car's balance of a tyre bouncing on a track surface.

The FIA deemed that since the extra weight suspended in the middle of the damper could move around to balance out the vibrations, it went against Article 3.15 of the technical regulations which says that everything has to be static and fixed to the body of the car.

It will be interesting to see what impact, if any significant at all, this development will have on the Renault and Ferrari pace.
is this the secret weapon that both Renault and Ferrari have but not other F1 team?

and who is the briliant person who file the complain to FIA?

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Wow...if the ban is immediate, that's gonna suck for both Renault and Ferrari.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
si|verfish said:
Wow...if the ban is immediate, that's gonna suck for both Renault and Ferrari.
still... they have a marginal buffer over other teams... i guess they have quite some reserve performance they can squeeze out...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Yeah, but I imagine they'd have poured resources into that and to have it ripped away is gonna suck and definitely gonna affect their performance somewhat. Especially when an F1 car is design to such efficiency that every part plays a role and depends on other parts to all work together properly. So I think it will upset not just their damper/suspension development but other parts of development as well.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
no wonder Renault and Ferrari looked superior and damn fast in corners.

which was the reason why BMW installed the twin tower to improve their car's stabiliti.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
zan said:

which was the reason why BMW installed the twin tower to improve their car's stabiliti.
that was to direct the airflow to their rear wings i think...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
zan said:

the twin tower stay only 1 race, FIA ban it. :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hehehe...if they banned twin towers, then put 3 towers in at the next race....

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
The twin tower is not the first case of such innovative designs. Many many years back, some teams have tried to fit in winglets in weird areas of the cars, such as side pods, beside the air box and there was this radical goal post wing that was sitting right in front of the drivers view/cockpit. It was banned right after Arrows showed up with it in qualifying, in Monaco if not mistaken.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
ken yeang said:
hehehe...if they banned twin towers, then put 3 towers in at the next race....
yeahh...3 towers would be legal LOL

3 towers are cool:shades_smile:

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BlackSamurai said:
the twin tower stay only 1 race, FIA ban it. :biggrin:
too bad for publicity perhaps..hahahah

3 towers would get them a black flag... ultra cool for the drivers as they can get off work earlier...hahahah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifus,

1st of all, my car only done minor upgrading such as exhaust system, intake manifold, and using ECU ralliart .
here the situation:

1) been use E9 almost 1year and never pump 95 only 97. my fc is about MYR 50/90km:banghead:
2) last night i decided to pump 95:thefinger:. what is the cons of using 95 on mivec turbo?

please advise me.

Tq:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience