New Group: Rat Rods Malaysia

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
He has pics of his rat rod project up on his Facebook account. Unfortunately you need a Facebook account to view it.
Why dont you mirror them & post it here.

I hope people understand that ratrods are not unfinished hotrod's perse, but rather an exaggerated form of a vehicle, but because of the lack of parts/knowledge/culture/history/whathaveyou.. I think if this scene does get bigger, it'd be mostly Rat-lookers, and thats not a bad thing either ;).

everblur

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006

Here's are some of the pics. If you want to see more let me know. It's more or less the same pics. This ain't "finished" yet.

I think rat rod would appeal to classic car enthusiast, rock music fans and the younger generation. But then again I'm not sure if it would appeal to Malaysians in general. Anyway keep the thread going. :proud: It's a good thing that people wants to know more about the sport.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
^Ford Popular? :adore:

Ratters should be mechanically sound. I can almost hear some classic car purist screaming in pain at just the thought of a ratter :rofl: Screw them, its all about individual expression.

Where is this ride's home? Is he going to chop the roof?

everblur

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
Hahahaha... yeah but this guy is a classic car enthusiast himself. It will start off as a rat rod and eventually a hot rod once it's done... He has 50 cars in his collection so I heard. If you're interested you can email him, [email protected].

everblur

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
Hey excel where are you based? perhaps we can start our own rat rod project :D

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Hey excel where are you based? perhaps we can start our own rat rod project :D
Born & raised in Selangor, Ampang. I'm just a dreamer(a.k.a. $/student).. I want so badly to have a ratter myself, scaring the sense out of people with rust, straight pipes & tetanus potential!! :biggrin: Are you starting a rat project?

I see a purple volvo amazon(?) & a vw beetle in those pictures, alot of potential right there :biggrin:. He should start a blog to chronical the build, where is this workshop?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Hahahaha... yeah but this guy is a classic car enthusiast himself. It will start off as a rat rod and eventually a hot rod once it's done... He has 50 cars in his collection so I heard. If you're interested you can email him, [email protected].
bt isnt nearly all the cars actually owned buy his uncle and not him :) ?

everblur

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
Born & raised in Selangor, Ampang. I'm just a dreamer(a.k.a. $/student).. I want so badly to have a ratter myself, scaring the sense out of people with rust, straight pipes & tetanus potential!! :biggrin: Are you starting a rat project?

I see a purple volvo amazon(?) & a vw beetle in those pictures, alot of potential right there :biggrin:. He should start a blog to chronical the build, where is this workshop?
If I'm not mistaken its at AMC HQ which is near the US embassy... I told him to check out this thread so he can be part of the rat rod discussion :biggrin:

I want to start a rat rod project without having to fork out much money... hopefully someone with a junk car who's also willing to give it away sees this thread hehehe

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
hi everblur I'm amazed with ur passion :) hopefully one day can meet u for yamcha we can talk long2 about hotrod :) me a big fan oso :)

everblur

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
Great! Awesome maybe I can arrange for a TT! We have 4 including you now :D

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Hows the progress of the Ford Pop? I'd love to know what he's planning for it..

required picture of the day;

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HAi All V-tech Lovers.....
My ek 2 door in black colour plate no....WHS8033 Was stolen last sunday in taman desa,kl
the car is with15'' white p1 rim,the back bonnet wiper taken out but still got motor attacht...
both 2 side door n front bonnet got sticker kesan tat cant remove.........hope u guys if c the car can give me a call @ 012-3888406.....

AND TO THOSE ASSHOLE THAT DID IT........C THE NEWS SUNDAY....JANGAN KENA END UP KENA TEMBAK SAMPAI MATI!!!
AND HOPE THE MONEY FROM U SELL...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience