Feeling sharing my frustrations...

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,
As per topic, I would like to share with u all..

Hello again,

This is to express customer’s (in this case, mine) frustrations about TEIN authorized distributor in Sunway, Malaysia (TADM).

Some time ago I called TADM to ask about new set of TEIN SS for Satria Gti C99 coilovers (w pillow ball). On my first call (3 quarter 2010) they quoted me RM 3,800 and they said they are quoting me the old price as their stock is the last piece imported from JP.

In early 2011, I called again to nego the price and they quoted me RM 4,100 (On the first call they said RM 3,800 for C99 TEIN SS – last stock ??? !!!).

I made my research in local based auto enthusiast forums (web forum) and few guys did mentioned that they got it new from TADM at RM 4,100 ( ?? ) some time back (the guy sudah kena la..). Lately, I came across (web forum) another guy mentioned he got it from TADM for RM 4,500 ( ??!! another guy sudah kena ). I decided to contact TADM via e-mail to have in written. Yes Sir !! It has shot up to RM 4,500 !!!

This time I seriously wanted to get the coilovers and today, 22 nov 2012, I spoke with TADM to confirm the price. To my surprised, a guy on the other end of the line introduced him self as the manager (I reserve name) of TADM, quoted me RM 4,800 !!! I thought, what the hell !!! Old stock with new price or what ??!!

I think TEIN JP should revise the distributorship for this kind of company. I don’t expect TEIN JP agree with me but I believed in a way this could tarnish TEIN JP good name.

If TADM do up-date their record with their principle, maybe TEIN JP can reconcile with TADM when was the last order of TEIN SS for C99 from TADM. If the last piece in TADM stock is an old order from TEIN JP some time back, and TADM keep hiking the price, that really sucks man.. You cant quote customers new price for an old stock as u wish.. No integrity in doing business.. Cutting customers thoat ah? Really really sucks!!

The goal of business is to make money – I agree, but like what’s happening here is CUT THROAT. On the first place you quoted me an old price, then the cost of the same old stock keep hiking and hiking at your will.. or INTEGRITY is not in TADM’s dictionary? Or, is that I’m missing something here?

I’m going public. For the time being, this e-mail will be send to TEIN JP, TEIN JP fb and to local auto enthusiast forums (hope the forum’s admin/ auditor don’t censor this). So customers will know some “authorized distributors” really taking advantage on customers. I believed many customers/ users agree with me but nobody wants to take actions to this CUT THROAT “AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS” / SELLERS.

The following is a copy of my e-mail to TADM on Dec 2011 and their reply on my request for quotation for TEIN SS Satria Gti C99:

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 7:10 PM, TADM Retail <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,
1) Tein super street (what are the sring rates Fr & Rr?) RM 4500 FT 5 RR 3
2) A complete ap brakes set (pcd 100) need to custom, caliper only RM 5000, rotor RM 3000...etc +- RM 10K

Tq
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 11:06 AM
Subject: Quotation

Hi,
I'm running a Satria MIVEC DOHC & appreciate if N1 quote me on:
1) Tein super street (what are the spring rates Fr & Rr?)
2) A complete ap brakes set (pcd 100)
With complete instalation, RM? Cash & carry, RM?
Tq.

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
why dont go for halfcut? after all its serviceable

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
id rather get locally made adjustable set like d hwl,much cheaper and low maintenance cost.iam using a set of tein in my wira and using hwl in my other cars,and tbh i think d teim is overrated an overpriced ler..

peteshawn

Known Member
Nov 5, 2012
Aston UK
Frankly, they wanted profit all the way no matter how you complaint to any dealer in this world. Probably they will just tell you "buy" or "piss off". Search around i'm sure you will find one. Good Luck buddy :driver:

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Seriously...with that kind of amount...

I'd rather get a fully customized adjustable suspension from RCS...

At least, you get the product that suits your car (corner weight, alignment etc...) and your driving habits...

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
why dont go for halfcut? after all its serviceable
also considering this & also asked TADM about servicing TEIN coilovers - a call in 2011 they quoted me RM 300/pc w/o changing parts. during my call on 29 nov 2012, the manager quoted me RM 330 - 350/ pc w/o changing parts. u c? surely will give typical reason - minyak naik, barang naik , ..... naik

any particular shop to recommend - with acceptable quality/ workmanship?

thax

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Frankly, they wanted profit all the way no matter how you complaint to any dealer in this world. Probably they will just tell you "buy" or "piss off". Search around i'm sure you will find one. Good Luck buddy :driver:
I cant agree more.. but i beleived there r way to teach this kind of so called 'authorized distributors'

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think they have the right to tag the price they want on their products?
Which is why different shop selling different price for same item most of the time...

IS like price not right, then walk away.

I got my K&N Air Filter cheaper in other workshop if compare to one of those well-known
shop in high end area...so we can't say that that workshop that charge higher is cutting throat
I suppose? I did a survey and most shops are selling at different price, the highest price
i found was RM350+- and I got mine at only RM200+-

Seriously...with that kind of amount...

I'd rather get a fully customized adjustable suspension from RCS...

At least, you get the product that suits your car (corner weight, alignment etc...) and your driving habits...
Should cost slightly more right for RCS? I remember is not cheap the last time TOM posted
one about RCS in his BMW if I recall correctly.

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Should cost slightly more right for RCS? I remember is not cheap the last time TOM postedone about RCS in his BMW if I recall correctly.
I was quoted RM2.5-RM2.8K for a custom made suspension (not adjustable) by RCS for my Neo last time. It was like 3-4 years back but with the service & experience they offer, you can never go wrong with it :biggrin:

TS, if the price keep on escalating like that...then don't bother. It's overpriced. There's so many coilovers out in the market right now. I suggest BC Racing...

If you insist on getting TEIN, consider it if only they include installation, tuning, corner-weight etc...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
go for local custom made ones.....many came with good review.

TEIN is branded, that is why expensive....and business ppl took advantage exploiting the name of the brand.

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I was quoted RM2.5-RM2.8K for a custom made suspension (not adjustable) by RCS for my Neo last time. It was like 3-4 years back but with the service & experience they offer, you can never go wrong with it :biggrin:

TS, if the price keep on escalating like that...then don't bother. It's overpriced. There's so many coilovers out in the market right now. I suggest BC Racing...

If you insist on getting TEIN, consider it if only they include installation, tuning, corner-weight etc...
BC is impressive... but still expensive.. i know some one who got it new for his EK9 for +-RM 4k. market/ retail price for that particular model is RM 8K. i forget the model. he knew some one at the performance auto part outlet.. but the guy left

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

TITAN also ok ma since its custom made.
been to titan shop few times. then, they quoted me RM3.2K for my satria.. i think titan n rcs is almost at par.. i think.. maybe i'll re-consider local products..

thanx

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I think they have the right to tag the price they want on their products?
Which is why different shop selling different price for same item most of the time...

IS like price not right, then walk away.

I got my K&N Air Filter cheaper in other workshop if compare to one of those well-known
shop in high end area...so we can't say that that workshop that charge higher is cutting throat
I suppose? I did a survey and most shops are selling at different price, the highest price
i found was RM350+- and I got mine at only RM200+-

Should cost slightly more right for RCS? I remember is not cheap the last time TOM posted
one about RCS in his BMW if I recall correctly.
agree. principle n distributor sure have guideline on pricing.. some more they did told me it is an old stock.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, so many choice in the market, price not right, ask from other shops that selling TEIN too. I believe you will find a reasonable price ones after some survey around. Price varies in different shops...

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
also considering this & also asked TADM about servicing TEIN coilovers - a call in 2011 they quoted me RM 300/pc w/o changing parts. during my call on 29 nov 2012, the manager quoted me RM 330 - 350/ pc w/o changing parts. u c? surely will give typical reason - minyak naik, barang naik , ..... naik

any particular shop to recommend - with acceptable quality/ workmanship?
get from halfcut...watever brand etc as long as it suits ur needs... and send it to F TUNED RACING

farouk knows wat hes doing when dealing with suspension servicing and even suspension tuning......

i just did one of my leaky tein flex with him....his nick on this forum is WAFS...dood is considered a suspension guru...click on "about" on the FB page n ull see why.

can service any brand oso...n cheaper than wat u were quoted...tuning is a different cost though

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Correct me if I am wrong, but when petrol price went up, the petrol station will revise the price at 12am sharp, even if their petrol in the tanks are "old stocks". So we should complain they selling old stock with higher price?

If TEIN revises the price of their products, it is irrelevant if its "old stock" or "new stock".

If you not happy don't buy, nobody point a gun to your head and force you to buy. I fail to see your point.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been head hunted by my old client to help him to get his new car corrected.....
he couldnt sleep upon taking back the car home for his beloved wife as an anniversary gift

I was blessed to be given this opportunity to witnes and correct this car......take a view

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience