new engine conversion rules?

razr_sped

Known Member
Jun 30, 2006
er...i hav a question
still researching more info bout tis project of mine

i'm planning to do a 882 l2 turbo using bac ori 850 g/b
do i hav to do anything like going jpj/puspakom....
n stuff like tat
can any1 giv me some advise

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
if proton cars cannot convert then no one will buy proton cars to play liao...lagi teruk...they wont do this lah...dont want to screw up their own market...if really they ban this then most ppl will play with other cars which can convert engine...rite???what is the use buying a wira if u cant play with conversion and modification???unless u want just for a mere transport to and from work...

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
Doink said:
if proton cars cannot convert then no one will buy proton cars to play liao...lagi teruk...
you got a point dude!!!
totally agree with u...
if thats d case sure no 1 buy proton then that time they rugi only!

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi Raj,
What you talking about is true. 2.0 conversion is no longer allow. Somemore, proton/perodua change engine to mitsu/daihatsu engine still need surat kawal selia no matter engine capacity is the same. Changing gearbox from manual to auto / auto to manual / different gearbox even manual to manual / auto to auto, you will need that surat kawal selia.
You asked runner to help, sure they will ask for high price. Those process is very simple and quite straight forward. Just remember don't transplant 2.0 engine.
The most problematic issue is that surat kawal selia. you guys need to apply from HQ JPJ. For guys stay northern and southern region will need to wait long time to get.
Anyone wish to get latest info, just log on to http://www.jpj.gov.my
All latest info listed there. JPJ wouldn't simply tells you to do this do that with no publish info. This is law/rules & regulations.
Hope this will help you guys.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
is that mean that Perdana converted with 2.0 Turbo earlier can now sell at higher price?

For3v3r-C@R

Known Member
Feb 12, 2006
bro raja can u tell me where is jpj kawal selia putrajaya?
if my car 1.5cc convert to 1.8(4g93t)GSR how much i have to pay and wat i have to do?
y cannot convert to 2.0cc anymore?
thx u so much ....

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
Slipknot Fanatic said:
Did puspakom do all those stupid tests like brake testing and side-slip test? Did not like the way how they do it. Was your conversion from 1.5-1.8 or 1.8 4G93P to 1.8 4G93? Good to know that you manage to endorse your new engine without using a runner. I thought of using a runner but did not since mine was endorsing 1.8-1.8.

yup,puspakom still do all the test and they always fail your brek system.i fail my breaking test for my first time attemp,the best part is i already changed my break to evo braking system front and rear and im using bandix metal king pad,they still fail me as my brek gripping is not balance.second attemp i passed!yahooo!! oh ya my previous engine is 1.6 auto to 1.8T manual.
better register your engine by your self,u will love and appreciate your car alot,and it will save your money.u can use your upah runner to buy other things,wastegate! as example ahahhaha!!!

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
razr_sped said:
er...i hav a question
still researching more info bout tis project of mine

i'm planning to do a 882 l2 turbo using bac ori 850 g/b
do i hav to do anything like going jpj/puspakom....
n stuff like tat
can any1 giv me some advise
u mean a bolt on turbo?
if ure not changing the transmission system,no need kawal selia ltt.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
kk9972 said:
Hi Raj,
What you talking about is true. 2.0 conversion is no longer allow. Somemore, proton/perodua change engine to mitsu/daihatsu engine still need surat kawal selia no matter engine capacity is the same. Changing gearbox from manual to auto / auto to manual / different gearbox even manual to manual / auto to auto, you will need that surat kawal selia.
You asked runner to help, sure they will ask for high price. Those process is very simple and quite straight forward. Just remember don't transplant 2.0 engine.
The most problematic issue is that surat kawal selia. you guys need to apply from HQ JPJ. For guys stay northern and southern region will need to wait long time to get.
Anyone wish to get latest info, just log on to http://www.jpj.gov.my
All latest info listed there. JPJ wouldn't simply tells you to do this do that with no publish info. This is law/rules & regulations.
Hope this will help you guys.
i think to get kawal selia ltt is easy,just submit any doc that they need,and its done in one day,depend on the officer mood la,sometimes they ask us to come back in 1 weeks to collect the letter when its done.

JPJ putrajaya is in parcel....aiyoh..cant remember la,its the brick building in red colour,easy to spot la.then go to counter to get visitor pass and jpj kawal selia is on the 1st floor.

more info...my fren just passed his engine endorsement,his car is old skool beemer conv to nissan sr20.but he need surat kawal selia ltt that chop or sign by the ketua pengarah jpj,to get this ltt he need to wait for 3months! but he give reason to the pengarah jpj that his car engine is not easy to find and if its exist,it still an old engine and expensive.
See..actually to deal with jpj is not that tough,but u need to be patient.they still can accept this type of conv even this conv is not allowed.

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
raja_emeperor said:
i think to get kawal selia ltt is easy,just submit any doc that they need,and its done in one day,depend on the officer mood la,sometimes they ask us to come back in 1 weeks to collect the letter when its done.

JPJ putrajaya is in parcel....aiyoh..cant remember la,its the brick building in red colour,easy to spot la.then go to counter to get visitor pass and jpj kawal selia is on the 1st floor.

more info...my fren just passed his engine endorsement,his car is old skool beemer conv to nissan sr20.but he need surat kawal selia ltt that chop or sign by the ketua pengarah jpj,to get this ltt he need to wait for 3months! but he give reason to the pengarah jpj that his car engine is not easy to find and if its exist,it still an old engine and expensive.
See..actually to deal with jpj is not that tough,but u need to be patient.they still can accept this type of conv even this conv is not allowed.
:omg_smile: oh really?? Em... quite suprise with that. But one thing should know la, that oldschool is even better than proton ay anytime... good job to him :_:

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
raja_emeperor said:

Great to hear that dude, at least there's hope of doing it ourselves. In fact, it seems much easier because we know what to justify and whatnot.

Polytron2

Known Member
May 9, 2005
kk9972 said:
What you talking about is true. 2.0 conversion is no longer allow.
So for proton owners can say bye bye to 4g63T:cry_smile:
Also Evo halfcut will become besi buruk lor

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Polytron2 said:
So for proton owners can say bye bye to 4g63T:cry_smile:
Also Evo halfcut will become besi buruk lor
Ya... It is a very sad news. Let forsee next year whether the strictness is decrease. :X-:

shahfarish

Dec 17, 2008
hi, i'm new in here juz asking if the car(wira 1.5cc) already convert to 2.0 4g63T 3 years ago how r? iz zit pass with JPJ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Alert fr thoSE in SUbang jaya @ SS15

Carbon fibre SpoilEr on My friend's EK been StoleN last NighT
Pls Becareful,people On bikE following U..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience