new engine conversion rules?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

zan

2,000 RPM
i heard there will be new regulations with regard to engine conversions. is this true?

1. any engine replacement must maintained its capacity (or similar) without going any bigger. no matter 10% higher or 20%.

2. for proton and perodua cars which never produced turbocharged cars ... conversion to turbocharged engines wont be allowed any more.

hopefully sumone can confirm this...

wait sumone confirm first lah. this might be rumours only..

faster-faster convert engine now.......before jpj change rules.....

Wait, izit a rumor??

i dont think so lor if got sure news paper publish edi lor

waa.... if like that die lo... underpower car will remain underpower forever... cant even BOT.... WTF???...

nah..it just a rumors!my car just passed the inspection 2 months ago,it just cost me rm45 ringgit only.im doin it my self, no runners that will sembelih your money.here i listed the rules and regulation for engine conversion.for proton and perodua only,other model are still grey in rules but can apply tu ketua pengarah jpj putrajaya.

1. 2.0 convertion are not allowed anymore even your prv engine is 1.8 eg satria gti, putra or perdana.
2.cannot add engine bracket.must a drop in type engine.
3. 25% increase in engine cc are still applied.but no more 2.0 conversion.so max is 1.8 only.
4. same cc convertion no need surat kawal selia,but if u change your gear box frm auto to manual or vise versa u need that kawal selai letter.
5. if the prv engine are using diesel must use engine that using diesel,cannot reg for petrol,unless 4wd and taxi.

thats all i know and all info are up 2 date.tq

hi bro raja
let say i wan to convert a 660 manual kancil to L200 auto engine
so how is the procedure???

thanks in advance

gsrTurbo9166 said:
hi bro raja
let say i wan to convert a 660 manual kancil to L200 auto engine
so how is the procedure???

thanks in advance

u still need to get kawal selia ltt from jpj putrajaya to endorse this engine,then after u receive that ltt,u can proceed to puspakom.u need this ltt bcos u converted manual to auto.

p/s:oh ya forgot to add this info, if u want to convert engine more than 25% displacement cc,yes u can do so,but must get kawal selia ltt.so u can conv frm 1.3 straight to 1.8.

Last edited:
i wonder where u guys got such info... ermmm
many thing going around nowadays about cars

i gained this info since that im dealing directly with jpj and puspakom to endorse my 4g93t engine.im not using any runners,im doing it by my self.saved alot of money man,it cost me rm45 ringgit to register my engine,runners normaly charge aroud rm600-1500,depend on cases.u can check all the info directly to jpj kawal selia putrajaya and they will give u more explaination on this.cheers! :)

raja_emeperor said:
i gained this info since that im dealing directly with jpj and puspakom to endorse my 4g93t engine.im not using any runners,im doing it by my self.saved alot of money man,it cost me rm45 ringgit to register my engine,runners normaly charge aroud rm600-1500,depend on cases.u can check all the info directly to jpj kawal selia putrajaya and they will give u more explaination on this.cheers! :)

Did puspakom do all those stupid tests like brake testing and side-slip test? Did not like the way how they do it. Was your conversion from 1.5-1.8 or 1.8 4G93P to 1.8 4G93? Good to know that you manage to endorse your new engine without using a runner. I thought of using a runner but did not since mine was endorsing 1.8-1.8.

er...i hav a question
still researching more info bout tis project of mine

i'm planning to do a 882 l2 turbo using bac ori 850 g/b
do i hav to do anything like going jpj/puspakom....
n stuff like tat
can any1 giv me some advise

if proton cars cannot convert then no one will buy proton cars to play liao...lagi teruk...they wont do this lah...dont want to screw up their own market...if really they ban this then most ppl will play with other cars which can convert engine...rite???what is the use buying a wira if u cant play with conversion and modification???unless u want just for a mere transport to and from work...

Doink said:
if proton cars cannot convert then no one will buy proton cars to play liao...lagi teruk...

you got a point dude!!!
totally agree with u...
if thats d case sure no 1 buy proton then that time they rugi only!

Hi Raj,
What you talking about is true. 2.0 conversion is no longer allow. Somemore, proton/perodua change engine to mitsu/daihatsu engine still need surat kawal selia no matter engine capacity is the same. Changing gearbox from manual to auto / auto to manual / different gearbox even manual to manual / auto to auto, you will need that surat kawal selia.
You asked runner to help, sure they will ask for high price. Those process is very simple and quite straight forward. Just remember don't transplant 2.0 engine.
The most problematic issue is that surat kawal selia. you guys need to apply from HQ JPJ. For guys stay northern and southern region will need to wait long time to get.
Anyone wish to get latest info, just log on to http://www.jpj.gov.my
All latest info listed there. JPJ wouldn't simply tells you to do this do that with no publish info. This is law/rules & regulations.
Hope this will help you guys.

is that mean that Perdana converted with 2.0 Turbo earlier can now sell at higher price?

Suggested post every 5mins

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom